Windows 10: Cybercriminals Leverage Rumored Windows 9 Preview

Discus and support Cybercriminals Leverage Rumored Windows 9 Preview in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Cybercriminals Leverage Rumored Windows 9 Developer Preview Release With Social Engineering We’re seeing schemes that are taking advantage of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by z3r010, Aug 31, 2014.

1. z3r010 Win User

Cybercriminals Leverage Rumored Windows 9 Preview

Read more

z3r010, Aug 31, 2014
  2. LittleJay Win User

This kind of thing is exactly why I plan to be patient and wait for MS to come out with the official consumer preview.

:)

LittleJay, Aug 31, 2014
  3. Connecting Wireless Keyboard

The upgrade itself will be free and Microsoft announced the availability of the preview this month. According to rumors, it's for tomorrow.

Your phone should be updateable. But it all depends on Microsoft, your carrier. There has been no official announcement yet.

Linley Meslier, Aug 31, 2014
  4. Abi99 (2) Win User

when is expected launch date for lumia 850 in India

Microsoft Mobile has not announced a Lumia 850 officially, yet. Furthermore, Microsoft Mobile does not leverage Microsoft Answers to communicate future availability, here. Why ever. I would double-check with new portals like

GSMAreana
    . By the way, why are you looking for this particular rumored model:

• Which feature are you looking for, is missing compared to the Lumia 550?
    • Why not going for a Lumia 830 and apply the app Windows Insider (to get Windows 10 Mobile) today?
    • Why not going for a Lumia 950?

Abi99 (2), Aug 31, 2014
  5. Chuck38 Win User
    I as well. *Wink

Chuck38, Aug 31, 2014
  6. CountMike New Member
    My plan is to install which ever version MS lets me, going to be on a HDD on it's own without other disks present, can't do any damage like that.

CountMike, Aug 31, 2014
  7. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Hi Mike, why a HDD, at the price SSDs are going for it might be worth the money to go that route. Not sure the price difference between U.S. and Canda, albeit a 120 gig SSD is running fairly reasonable now days. . .just a thought.

8. CountMike New Member

Easy one, have bunch of small HDDs sitting there doing nothing or holding backups of backups of backups. Once W8 replaces W7 as backup OS and W9 becomes the main one it will go to an SSD for sure, they are getting cheaper all the time. Can get a Kingston V300, 120GB for 50 - 60 bucks new. I'll get a 250 GB for W9 soon anyway.

CountMike, Aug 31, 2014
  9. News like that just makes me want to go back to plan A and download it from my MSDN SUB when it goes up there. A site like that would be the last place I'd go for it anyway, but still, its sad that people do that type of stuff. *Sad

alphanumeric, Sep 2, 2014
  10. CountMike New Member
    That's the main reason I like to isolate it to a separate disk so it can't mess up everything else.

CountMike, Sep 2, 2014
  11. I do that anyway, but it won't stop the real nasty's. Like the stuff that infects thumb drives and other media. Plus I use a live ID log in, I'd just as soon keep that to myself if you know what I mean.

alphanumeric, Sep 2, 2014
  12. CountMike New Member
    Yeah, I know what you mean, me too, I like my privacy even if I don't have enough money to rob me from. Do you have some extra protection for thumb drives ? I use MCShield ::Anti-Malware Tool:: for added computer protection and is pretty efficient, not only against malware coming from "guest" thumb drives but also if one of mine gets something bad on it.

CountMike, Sep 2, 2014
  13. Cybercriminals Leverage Rumored Windows 9 Preview

One of the first things I do is turn off autorun. That will stop a lot of the scripted stuff from running when you plug it in. I'm retired now so I hardly ever plug a drive in that I haven't created/formatted.

alphanumeric, Sep 3, 2014
  14. CountMike New Member
    Autorun has been turned of on my systems for years now but USN memory can pick up something on other people's computers so another layer of security can't hurt.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cybercriminals Leverage Rumored Windows 9 Preview - Similar Threads - Cybercriminals Leverage Rumored

2. Windows Central reports rumors of Preview codename changes (Again?).

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Central reports rumors of Preview codename changes (Again?).: Windows Central has an article about rumors of future codenaming. Hey, MSFT, pick a system that works and stay with it! Article https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-central-reports-rumors-of-preview-codename/a2beb203-5be9-4805-9ea5-7c8573d5cb72
  3. Windows 9 preview

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 preview: Hello Is there going to be a windows 9 public preview this fall? Thanks Tyler 1664
  4. Another Rumor about the Win 9 Preview release date

in Windows 10 News
    Another Rumor about the Win 9 Preview release date: Microsoft to Launch Windows 9 Preview in February 2015 – Rumor More: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Micro...r-442433.shtml 1572
  5. Windows 9 Preview Could Leak After September 15 – Rumor

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Preview Could Leak After September 15 – Rumor: Information that reached the web this week has revealed that Microsoft is planning a press event in late September to introduce the new Windows 9 Preview and thus break the news on a project that’s eagerly-awaited by all company enthusiasts. Even though Redmond is very...
  6. Windows 9 rumors freeze corporate Windows 8 uptake

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 rumors freeze corporate Windows 8 uptake: With Windows 9 rumored to be coming out early next year, there's little reason for businesses just transitioning off Windows XP to ever deploy Windows 8, experts say. With a user learning curve, hardware update, and apps compatibility all posing potential hurdles to...
  7. Rumor pegs Windows 9 release for next year, Windows 10 as a Cloud OS.

in Windows 10 News
    Rumor pegs Windows 9 release for next year, Windows 10 as a Cloud OS.: Steve Ballmer is stepping down in 12 months or less, so it’s time for the wild Microsoft-related speculation to begin! There’s already been talk on a Russian message board about the company’s plans for Windows 9 and even Windows 10. A user calling himself WZOR had a few...
  8. Windows 9 to Revamp the Start Screen, Interactive Live Tiles Rumored

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 to Revamp the Start Screen, Interactive Live Tiles Rumored: We already know that Windows 9 is very likely to revamp the desktop with a Start menu and minor tweaks that keep Metro elements in the touch-optimized interface exclusively, but it appears that some other enhancements are also on the table. The Start screen for example,...
  9. Windows 9 Preview to Launch This Year, New Activation System in the Works – Rumor

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Preview to Launch This Year, New Activation System in the Works – Rumor: Windows 9 is work in progress at Microsoft and new rumors coming via Russian leaker WZor reveal some pretty interesting tidbits about this fresh version of the operating system. In a post published on Russian-language forum Ru-Board, WZor says that Microsoft is very likely...
  10. Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to Launch Free Version of Windows 9 – Rumor: Windows 9 is Microsoft’s next big project in the OS industry, with some people close to the development plans indicating that it’s very likely to debut in early 2015. But a new report released by Russian Windows leaker WZor and coming via myce.com claims that Windows 9 is...