Windows 10: Cyberlink Powerdirector 15 changing my power plan settings

Discus and support Cyberlink Powerdirector 15 changing my power plan settings in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; As the title says when ever i use Cyberlink Powerdirector 15 as soon as i click the x to exit program it resets my power scheme changing screen timeout... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kimkl, May 24, 2018.

1. kimkl Win User

Cyberlink Powerdirector 15 changing my power plan settings

As the title says when ever i use Cyberlink Powerdirector 15 as soon as i click the x to exit program it resets my power scheme changing screen timeout and changing my ssd idle time to 0 if i wanted it to be 0 i would set it my self, how do i prevent PWD15 from doing what i consider an illegal action i mean what Brainiac at Cyberlink Development came up with the idea that changing my plan settings when the program quits will make it work much better i use dual screen and find the screen timeout darn annoying do i really need to "hack" my reg to make it stick or use the gpedit.msc to prevent changes i really have a hard time accepting that as a solution Cyberlinks response so far ................. 1 year later upgrade to the new PWD 17 and see all the improvements me made and it not even a joke that is how they do it.
    ill provide a log file
    hmm when i went to copy the error i noticed 2 new resets but this time from 2 MS programs for 3 months now all i have seen in the event viewer was this
    Process C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector15\PDR.exe (process ID:1736) reset policy scheme from {4cbed35f-1391-4afc-97bc-0c375ebf2220} to {4cbed35f-1391-4afc-97bc-0c375ebf2220}

i give up

:)

kimkl, May 24, 2018

2. Power Plan keeps changing

Method 1:

Let’s run the power troubleshooter and check if that helps.

a. Press Windows key on the keyboard.

b. In the search box, type Troubleshooting and press Enter.

c. Click on ‘System and Security’ and click on ‘Power’ click on next to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to restore the power plans to default and check if it helps.

Step 1: Reset and restore the power plans to default:

Right-click on Start button and click on Command Prompt (Admin).

In the command prompt, type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes and hit Enter.

Exit command prompt.

Note: This would reset the power plan settings to default. Any customized power plans are would be removed.

Step 2:

Once the power plan is reset to default, you may create a new power plan and customize the same according to your needs.

Refer to the link:

Power plans: Frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/po...

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

If that still does not work, try the following:

Open Start, type: CMD

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

Type in at the prompt OR Copy and Paste these one at a time : (Hit enter after each)

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Also run the System File Checker utility:

Open Start, type: CMD

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the Command Prompt, type: sfc/scannow

This will check for any integrity violations

Restart your system

Andre Da Costa, May 24, 2018
  3. Win 10 update ruins Power Director 12

Ken

CyberLink PowerDirector 14:

CyberLink PowerDirector

PowerDirector 14 System Requirements:

PowerDirector 16

Operating System

• Microsoft Windows 10, 8/8.1, 7, Vista (SP2)

Gerry C J Cornell, May 24, 2018
Thema:

Cyberlink Powerdirector 15 changing my power plan settings

1. Cyberlink Powerdirector 15 changing my power plan settings - Similar Threads - Cyberlink Powerdirector changing

2. Automatic Change of Power Plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Change of Power Plan: When I Start On My Laptop Automatically My Power Plan Going to High Perfomance Power Plan , Then I Change To Balance Power Plan and Close the Control Panel . After That I Again Go to the Power Plan and There is Only Balance Power Plan . But If I Reboot My Laptop Then Power...
  3. Automatic Change Of Power Plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Change Of Power Plan: When I Start On My Laptop Automatically My Power Plan Going to High Perfomance Power Plan , Then I Change To Balance Power Plan and Close the Control Panel . After That I Again Go to the Power Plan and There is Only Balance Power Plan . But If I Reboot My Laptop Then Power...
  4. Power plan settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power plan settings: Hello, i have a problem with adding high performance plan to my laptop Asus ZenBook 2020. As i don't see high or ultimate performance power plans nowhere in Power option panel, even under the arrow. I though i'd add one. First i went to the lower power option panel and...
  5. Can I get a refund for CyberLink PowerDirector?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I get a refund for CyberLink PowerDirector?: I purchased CyberLink PowerDirector 18 Ultra and it crashes everytime I try to use it. I have contacted CyberLink directly, and they informed me that the version purchased through Microsoft is different from a stand alone version. "With reference to your query, please be...
  6. Cannot Change Power Plan settings, forced to "Balanced"

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Change Power Plan settings, forced to "Balanced": So I recently just realized that my Power Plan was on Balanced all along, and when I tried to set it to any other option it would just force itself back to Balanced, I have no idea why this is happening (as shown in the attached GIF) [img] 131257
  7. Cyberlink Powerdirector refund

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cyberlink Powerdirector refund: Hello, I purchased a video editing application called cyberlink powerdirector 10 form the Microsoft store but the application cannot start up. I have contacted Cyberlink powerdirector but haven't been able to make it function or get a refund. I need to know if I can get a...
  8. power plan is changing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power plan is changing: My laptop is set to never sleep. However, sometimes it actually goes to sleep. But the issue is that when it awakes, Windows changes my power plan. Any assistance is appreciated....
  9. Cyberlink Powerdirector 15 keeps changing my power plan settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Cyberlink Powerdirector 15 keeps changing my power plan settings: As the title says when ever i use Cyberlink Powerdirector 15 as soon as i click the x to exit program it resets my power scheme changing screen timeout and changing my ssd idle time to 0 if i wanted it to be 0 i would set it my self, how do i prevent PWD15 from doing what i...
  10. Change Power Plan Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Power Plan Settings in Windows 10: How to: Change Power Plan Settings in Windows 10 How to Change Power Plan Settings in Windows 10 A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how your computer uses power. Power plans can help you save energy, maximize system performance, or...