Windows 10: Cyberlink PowerDVD 10.00 not allowed as movie default

Discus and support Cyberlink PowerDVD 10.00 not allowed as movie default in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use Cyberlink PowerDVD 10.0 for video files. Recently (after an upgrade I'll bet), it stopped being the default program and my computer started using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by E_rin_A, Jan 31, 2019.

1. E_rin_A Win User

Cyberlink PowerDVD 10.00 not allowed as movie default

I use Cyberlink PowerDVD 10.0 for video files. Recently (after an upgrade I'll bet), it stopped being the default program and my computer started using a different program as the default without my permission. When I went to the Settings Defaults to select it, the program was not offered as one of the apps to choose from. When I went to the app store to find it, all I encountered were other Cyberlink apps, which I would have to pay to acquire. I already have this program and I want it as my default video player. How do I fix this?

:)

E_rin_A, Jan 31, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Network connection is inactive detected by CyberLink PowerDVD 17

Hi Renny, is CyberLink PowerDVD 17 trying to update in the Background?

That application is possibly reading your Internet connection incorrectly

If CyberLink PowerDVD 17 is successfully installed on your system, you can turn off the updater to get rid of this message . . .

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Click on the Startup Tab

See if CyberLink PowerDVD 17 is listed there

If it is, select it and click 'Disable'

Close Task Manager

Click your Start Button, type msconfig and hit Enter

When the System Configuration dialog opens, click on the Services Tab

Check the box marked 'Hide Microsoft Services'

In the remaining list see if CyberLink PowerDVD 17 is listed there, uncheck any you find

Click Apply and OK

Restart your System and this annoyance will be gone . . .

DaveM121, Jan 31, 2019
  3. changing my default player from cyberlink powerdvd 14 to windows media player i Windows 10

Hello,

CyberLink PowerDVD 14 is a third party program. You may change the default player by simply following these steps:

• Open the Video Files.
    • Right click on Properties; then click on Change.
    • Select Windows Media Player from the list; then click
      OK
    • Click on Apply; then click OK.

Let us know if you need anything.

Vanessa Oca, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Cyberlink PowerDVD 10.00 not allowed as movie default

CyberLink PowerDVD will not play a DVD

I am posting here because the Contact and Support feature in my Apps list indefinitely reads "Coming Soon".

Please help.

First CyberLink PowerDVD told me my DVD was Region 5 (China). I changed the settings to Region 1 (which is accurate) and the app demanded I upgrade for $34.99--is it the case that the default version will only pay Chinese DVDs? I closed the app and left it
    alone for a week.

I tried again today and now CyberLink PowerDVD is telling me it doesn't support MPEG2. It is again demanding $34.99.

Honestly, I cannot understand why I should pay for functionality of a media drive on my computer. This should be included in the operating software of the machine. If the consumer cannot use the whole machine, why buy it?

I feel taken advantage of.

Please advise.

Note: This is in the wrong forum category because the right category does not exist for Windows 10.

Windows 10 tester, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Cyberlink PowerDVD 10.00 not allowed as movie default

1. Cyberlink PowerDVD 10.00 not allowed as movie default - Similar Threads - Cyberlink PowerDVD allowed

2. Screensaver Nobbled By PowerDVD 20

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver Nobbled By PowerDVD 20: My slideshow screensaver has failed to start for some while now, and recently by using the powercfg command i revealed the culprit?, which it showed to be clmediaserver.exe, which comes with Powerdvd, and I have emailed Cyberlink. However when i entered the override command...
  3. Movie app won't allow downloads.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Movie app won't allow downloads.: I have been trying to download my purchased movies through the Microsoft Movies app, and I continue to get the pending title. The downloads never start. I went through all of the suggestions I found on the forum and it still doesn't work. Anyone know how to fix this?...
  4. Laptop not allowing sd card movies to play

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not allowing sd card movies to play: When i try to access the movies that are downloaded on my SD card, my laptop will not play them. I get some sort of denial pop up and thats that. I can view whats on my SD card, I just cannot PLAY the movies on the SD card. Someone please please please please help me!!!!...
  5. uninstall Cyberlink Media Suite 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    uninstall Cyberlink Media Suite 10: When I try to uninstall Cyber link Media Suite 10 in Programs and applications all that shows up in uninstall wizard is Cyberlink Power2go7. When I click to uninstall it says wizard has uninstalled but it still shows it is there an is using up 246 mb, How do I get rid of...
  6. Cyberlink DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cyberlink DVD: My DVD quit working please fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cyberlink-dvd/90314e82-7c67-4fcb-9c1f-2066c64c1f05
  7. CyberLink PowerDVD 18 Ultra vs Windows DVD player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CyberLink PowerDVD 18 Ultra vs Windows DVD player: I would like to know what Windows DVD player does not offer that CyberLink PowerDVD 18 Ultra does. I found a link of PowerDVD 18 Ultra features here: https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/compare-versions_en_US.html I have reproduced those features into an online...
  8. SidebySide Error ID33 with Cyberlink PowerDVD 16

SidebySide Error ID33 with Cyberlink PowerDVD 16: When I check the Event Viewer, I find there's a SidebySide Error message at least once a day. It says: "Activation context generation failed for "c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\powerdvd16\kernel\dms\CLMSMediaInfoPDVD16.exe". Dependent Assembly...
  9. DivX and PowerDVD

DivX and PowerDVD: Folks, I have PowerDVD Ultra 15 installed. All is good. I also have DivX 10 installed. It seems like they do the same thing. I hate to sound ignorant, since I'm the one that bought/installed these, but what does DivX do that PowerDVD does not? I've done some internet...
  10. Cyberlink PowerDVD 15 Ultra BSOD when playing Blu-ray DVDs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cyberlink PowerDVD 15 Ultra BSOD when playing Blu-ray DVDs: Hello, I recently ordered and got an LG Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-ray Disc Drive Model UH12NS30 so i can watch blu-ray DVD's on my PC, i purchased Cyberlink PowerDVD 15 Ultra so i could have a player so i could play my Blu-ray DVD's, once...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. powerdvd network connection is inactive