Windows 10: CyberPower PC tells me I need to reinstall Windows 10 but ....

Discus and support CyberPower PC tells me I need to reinstall Windows 10 but .... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, After a nightmare with my latest purchase with CyberPower PC and then sending it back and now it's back with me, I DREADED setting it up so this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RAMWolff, Apr 6, 2019.

1. RAMWolff Win User

CyberPower PC tells me I need to reinstall Windows 10 but ....

Hi,

After a nightmare with my latest purchase with CyberPower PC and then sending it back and now it's back with me, I DREADED setting it up so this time I set up the basics in the hallway with an extra mouse and keyboard and my new "2nd" monitor.

So after setting up I hit the power button and it boots into ... NOTHING. I get some text on a black background. SO rebooted into the BIOS. Found that the main bootable drive was set up 2nd rather than 1st. Numbskulls working there these days I guess. So put that in correct order, rebooted.

Booted into WIndows with no way to enter my MS user name and password. Just a password box was available. Well hells bells, there I was stuck. So I called up CPPC and talked to a tech. He was as helpful as mud really. I got a link to MS site to download the OS to put on a portable USB drive. Got that downloaded and set up on the drive, moved it to the new computer, changed the boot order again to boot into the USB drive and up popped the set up but there were just two options. Either "fix" the current Windows set up or install new. Well I didn't know if repairing the current set up was going to give me a fresh log in screen with the needed inputs for both user name and password so I chose the Advanced option but I have NO IDEA which drive to install Windows too. On top of that there are notations at the bottom for every one of the selections I was making:

"Windows Can't Be Installed on Partition: Drive: "

Then I click on Details for each partition selection and am met with quite a few reasons as to why I can not install to these partitions. Then where is Windows installed to then? I would think that there would be a note that states "this is where Windows is installed, do you want to overwrite it?" but no.... of course it's not that easy! *sarc

So please help. One of you brilliant folks here. I'm at work so I don't have any access to the new rig at all but I'm planning on trying something tomorrow if I get a response from one of you good people. CPPC told me they were open till 4 today but when I tried calling them back not even an hour later I got the robot voice telling me I reached them after hours... so I'm feeling annoyed and unhappy.

Below is a screen grab of the partitions I had in front of me. There were two other 16 bit MSR partitions but luckily they were at the very top and the very bottom of the list but I don't think they are important to what I need to do.

Thanks so much for your help.

Richard

:)

RAMWolff, Apr 6, 2019
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 6, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! CyberPower PC tells me I need to reinstall Windows 10 but .... :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

1. CyberPower PC tells me I need to reinstall Windows 10 but .... - Similar Threads - CyberPower tells need

2. Second Hand Laptop Telling Me I Need To Activate Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Hand Laptop Telling Me I Need To Activate Windows: Got a laptop from someone on facebook marketplace. Was fine for about a month until it started popping up with messages telling me I needed to activate windows and instructing me to go to settings. In settings, under activation, I get this error message:We can't activate...
  3. Second Hand Laptop Telling Me I Need To Activate Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Hand Laptop Telling Me I Need To Activate Windows: Got a laptop from someone on facebook marketplace. Was fine for about a month until it started popping up with messages telling me I needed to activate windows and instructing me to go to settings. In settings, under activation, I get this error message:We can't activate...
  4. It tells me I have to reinstall steam but what I get when I try to reinstall is the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    It tells me I have to reinstall steam but what I get when I try to reinstall is the...: Split from this thread. John Doughty00:34 0 minutes agoto MicrosoftHi Don,It wasn't me who put it into this thread, it was moved there I assumed by yourselves but apparently not?I am running window 10 and have been told that my access to games on this computer has been...
  5. It tells me I have to reinstall steam but what I get when I try to reinstall is the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It tells me I have to reinstall steam but what I get when I try to reinstall is the...: Split from this thread. John Doughty00:34 0 minutes agoto MicrosoftHi Don,It wasn't me who put it into this thread, it was moved there I assumed by yourselves but apparently not?I am running window 10 and have been told that my access to games on this computer has been...
  6. It tells me I have to reinstall steam but what I get when I try to reinstall is the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Will I need to reinstall windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will I need to reinstall windows 10?: Hello I recently got a new motherboard and a cpu (Kind of). Basically I had a faulty ryzen 5 3600 and I am getting a replacement processor from AMD so I will still have a ryzen 5 3600 but it's not the same number (or whatever it's called). Anyway will I need to reactivate...
  8. Activating Windows 10 Home on a Cyberpower PC model no. SLC2000BSDF

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 Home on a Cyberpower PC model no. SLC2000BSDF: Hello, I have been trying to activate the Windows 10 Home that came with my computer. The computer just arrived yesterday. Cyberpower tells me that the Windows 10 key is programmed into the motherboard. However, Microsoft apparently can't find it. I'm not familiar with...
  9. Windows is telling me that I need to activate Windows.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows is telling me that I need to activate Windows.: I've had this problem for a few months now and have chosen to just ignore it, but I figured I've had enough of it. At the bottom right of my screen, it says "Activate Windows Go to settings to activate Windows" And when I DO go to settings, I get this message. [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows Defender tells me "actions needed", but...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender tells me "actions needed", but...: In the task bar I see "actions needed" [ATTACH] But if I open the Windows Defender Security Center I do not see any "action needed" ! Why? [ATTACH]...