Windows 10: Cybersecurity innovation

Discus and support Cybersecurity innovation in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Say you have an idea in cybersecurity, you want to patent it and then license/sell it to some big biz; who would you try to hook up with: Microsoft,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DanMimis, May 25, 2019.

1. DanMimis Win User

Cybersecurity innovation

Say you have an idea in cybersecurity, you want to patent it and then license/sell it to some big biz; who would you try to hook up with: Microsoft, Google, Amazon, FB, RSA? What would be your top 3 choices and why?

:)

DanMimis, May 25, 2019
  2. Cliff S Win User

Nadella On Cybersecurity

A channel9 video: Satya Nadella on Cybersecurity and Microsoft’s new Cyber Defense Operations Center

Cliff S, May 25, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Cybersecurity Policy Framework

Source:

Brink, May 25, 2019
  4. Cybersecurity innovation

Top 5 cybersecurity facts, figures and statistics for 2017

Predictions and observations provide a 30,000-foot view of the cybersecurity industry

https://www.csoonline.com/article/3153707/security/top-5-cybersecurity-facts-figures-and-statistics-for-2017.html?utm_content=buffer977fa&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Cybersecurity innovation [​IMG]

These top level numbers summarize the cybersecurity industry over the past year and indicate what's in store for the next five years.
    1. Cyber crime damage costs to hit $6 trillion annually by 2021. It all begins and ends with cyber crime. Without it, there's nothing to cyber-defend. The cybersecurity community and major media have largely concurred on the prediction that cyber crime damages will cost the world $6 trillion annually by 2021, up from $3 trillion just a year ago. This represents the greatest transfer of economic wealth in history, risks the incentives for innovation and investment, and will be more profitable than the global trade of all major illegal drugs combined.
    GET YOUR DAILY SECURITY NEWS: Sign up for CSO's security newsletters

2. Cybersecurity spending to exceed $1 trillion from 2017 to 2021.
    The rising tide of cyber crime has pushed information security (a subset of cybersecurity) spending to more than $86.4 billion in 2017, according to Gartner. That doesn't include an accounting of Internet of Things (IoT), Industrial IoT, and Industrial Control Systems (ICS) security, automotive security, and other cybersecurity categories. Global spending on cybersecurity products and services are predicted to exceed $1 trillion over the next five years, from 2017 to 2021.

3. Cyber crime will more than triple the number of unfilled cybersecurity jobs, which is predicted to reach 3.5 million by 2021. Every IT position is also a cybersecurity position now. Every IT worker, every technology worker, needs to be involved with protecting and defending apps, data, devices, infrastructure and people. The cybersecurity workforce shortage is even worse than what the jobs numbers suggest. As a result, the cybersecurity unemployment rate has dropped to zero percent.

4. Human attack surface to reach 6 billion people by 2022. As the world goes digital, humans have moved ahead of machines as the top target for cyber criminals. There are 3.8 billion internet users in 2017 (51 percent of the world’s population of 7 billion), up from 2 billion in 2015. Cybersecurity Ventures predicts there will be 6 billion internet users by 2022 (75 percent of the projected world population of 8 billion) — and more than 7.5 billion internet users by 2030 (90 percent of the projected world population of 8.5 million, 6 years of age and older). The hackers smell blood now, not silicon.

5. Global ransomware damage costs are predicted to exceed $5 billion in 2017. That's up from $325 million in 2015—a 15X increase in two years, and expected to worsen. Ransomware attacks on healthcare organizations—the No. 1 cyber-attacked industry—will quadruple by 2020. Cybersecurity Ventures predicts that a business will fall victim to a ransomware attack every 14 seconds by 2019.
    What does it all mean? In 2015, Ginni Rometty, IBM's chairman, president and CEO, said, "Cyber crime is the greatest threat to every company in the world."
    And she was right. During the next five years, cyber crime might become the greatest threat to every person, place and thing in the world.
    Billionaire businessman Warren Buffet takes it a step further and says that cyber attacks are the number one problem with mankind, even worse than nuclear weapons.

Josey Wales, May 25, 2019
Thema:

Cybersecurity innovation

1. Cybersecurity innovation - Similar Threads - Cybersecurity innovation

2. how can I turn off my window's virus and threat protection when reason cybersecurity is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I turn off my window's virus and threat protection when reason cybersecurity is...: So I want to download cracked software for which I need to turn off my virus and threat protection and when I open it I can't do anything there as It says that "protected by reason cybersecurity".I need to turn that off...
  3. how can I turn off my window's virus and threat protection when reason cybersecurity is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I turn off my window's virus and threat protection when reason cybersecurity is...: So I want to download cracked software for which I need to turn off my virus and threat protection and when I open it I can't do anything there as It says that "protected by reason cybersecurity".I need to turn that off...
  4. Do i have a virus? Reason Cybersecurity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do i have a virus? Reason Cybersecurity: Hi everyone, going in the windows defender options, i found out that my antivirus provider is an antivirus named "Reason Cybersecurity", i've tried to search it in my pc but nothing, I can't find it, the problem is that when I go to the real time virus protection option this...
  5. Do i have a virus? Reason Cybersecurity

Do i have a virus? Reason Cybersecurity: Hi everyone, going in the windows defender options, i found out that my antivirus provider is an antivirus named "Reason Cybersecurity", i've tried to search it in my pc but nothing, I can't find it, the problem is that when I go to the real time virus protection option this...
  6. Azure Cybersecurity Career

Azure Cybersecurity Career: I have SC-300, SC-200, SC-400, AZ-500, and SC-900 certifications and planning to get SC-100. My question is, is there going to be a career or roles specialized in "Azure Cyber Security" in the future or is there an existing jobs/roles already?...
  7. Azure Cybersecurity Career

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure Cybersecurity Career: I have SC-300, SC-200, SC-400, AZ-500, and SC-900 certifications and planning to get SC-100. My question is, is there going to be a career or roles specialized in "Azure Cyber Security" in the future or is there an existing jobs/roles already?...
  8. The Nortec Difference: A Holistic Approach to Cybersecurity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The Nortec Difference: A Holistic Approach to Cybersecurity: When deciding on IT management for your company, selecting a provider with layered cybersecurity services is crucial.A perfect illustration of this is the recent Kaseya breach. The largest global breach on record. The company’s remote IT monitoring tools had a vulnerability...
  9. New cybersecurity options from Microsoft Security ahead of RSAC19

in Windows 10 News
    New cybersecurity options from Microsoft Security ahead of RSAC19: I’m on my way to the RSA Conference in San Francisco, California, and am looking forward to connecting with our customers and partners there. We have a lot to talk about. Last week, Ann Johnson announced two new services that we now offer to help empower our customers as they...
  10. Bill signed to create Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency

in Windows 10 News
    Bill signed to create Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency: US President Donald Trump signed today a bill into law, approving the creation of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA). The bill, known as the CISA Act, reorganizes and rebrands the National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), a program inside...