Windows 10: Cybersecurity Issue related to passwords.

Discus and support Cybersecurity Issue related to passwords. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have questions about resetting user and administrator access on my computer. The questions spring from something I inadvertently, but stupidly,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by James-Hargrove, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Cybersecurity Issue related to passwords.

I have questions about resetting user and administrator access on my computer.

The questions spring from something I inadvertently, but stupidly, did several years ago, if memory serves, after a Windows 10 Update that such that selecting the Security and Updates Tab in Setting closes the settings Window.

Whether or not that memory is accurate, the crux of the problem is that I attempted to register for access to support I received an error message telling me that MS did not recognize my device. They requested--in terms that implied to me that the intent was two factor authentication--that I enter the credentials for the primary account on the device I was using.

The next time turned on my computer, I was presented with the username established for the support contract, and asked for the password. The only thing that saved me was that, since I wasn't really concerned about someone impersonating me on the support forum, I had scribbled down the password. I called support, irate that access credentials for my computer had been modified without any knowledge or permission on my part. The answers, in so many words, were: We do that. No, your previous user name can't be reinstated. Period.

There were a number of annoying side effects that I've simply been living with since. My problem is that I've looked at the guidance/suggestions on line, and everything I've seen--including in this forum--indicate that my what I need to do will simply compound the problems.

For opsec reasons what I want to replace the existing user account credentials (username and password) with an admin account that can be set up and used without internet access, under tight physical security. I want to retain the current user account for access to support, and perhaps add a third account with more restricted privileges.

1. Can I do it? If the answer is "No", I don't need an explanation. I do need an unambiguous answer so that I don't waste time trying to pursue requirements that can't be met,

2. If I can do it, what is the best reference on how to go about it?

Thanks.

:)

James-Hargrove, Sep 27, 2018
  2. Cliff S Win User

Nadella On Cybersecurity

A channel9 video: Satya Nadella on Cybersecurity and Microsoft’s new Cyber Defense Operations Center

Cliff S, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Cybersecurity Issue related to passwords.

Issues related to Taskbar in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please reply: What is the exact issue that your facing in Windows 10? Kindly elaborate.

I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it fixes your issue:

Step 1: On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the
    Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)

Step 2: DISM TOOL

• Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and click Enter.
    For more information about DISM click on the link below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Step 3: System File Checker (SFC) Scan

• Type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
    • Exit Command Prompt.
    For more information about SFC Scan click on the link below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Cybersecurity Issue related to passwords.

1. Cybersecurity Issue related to passwords. - Similar Threads - Cybersecurity Issue related

2. "network adapter" issue in relation to password protected master video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "network adapter" issue in relation to password protected master video: Hi there, I have problem playing video lecture in password protected video. The error message is "Please enable network adapter: KillerR Wireless-AC 1550i wireless Network Adapter9560NGW. I have tried multiple methods so far, such as:1. Download and install new wireless...
  3. "network adapter" issue in relation to password protected master video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "network adapter" issue in relation to password protected master video: Hi there, I have problem playing video lecture in password protected video. The error message is "Please enable network adapter: KillerR Wireless-AC 1550i wireless Network Adapter9560NGW. I have tried multiple methods so far, such as:1. Download and install new wireless...
  4. Azure Cybersecurity Career

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Azure Cybersecurity Career: I have SC-300, SC-200, SC-400, AZ-500, and SC-900 certifications and planning to get SC-100. My question is, is there going to be a career or roles specialized in "Azure Cyber Security" in the future or is there an existing jobs/roles already?...
  5. Azure Cybersecurity Career

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure Cybersecurity Career: I have SC-300, SC-200, SC-400, AZ-500, and SC-900 certifications and planning to get SC-100. My question is, is there going to be a career or roles specialized in "Azure Cyber Security" in the future or is there an existing jobs/roles already?...
  6. related to password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    related to password: can anyone of u tell me .....if the password of local account of pc / laptop stores in SAM file so where does the password of MICROSOFT Account saves??? it is save in somewhere in inside pc and laptop where that i really want to know...
  7. Cybersecurity innovation

Cybersecurity innovation: Say you have an idea in cybersecurity, you want to patent it and then license/sell it to some big biz; who would you try to hook up with: Microsoft, Google, Amazon, FB, RSA? What would be your top 3 choices and why?...
  8. Cybersecurity Policy Framework

in Windows 10 News
    Cybersecurity Policy Framework: Each year, more and more governments are developing policies to address security challenges presented by an increasingly digitized world. And to support those efforts, I’m excited today to announce the release of Microsoft’s new Cybersecurity Policy Framework, a resource for...
  9. Cybersecurity for SMB??

Cybersecurity for SMB??: Where should a small-to-medium business begin to protect itself against cyber threats? 110000
  10. Nadella On Cybersecurity

in Windows 10 News
    Nadella On Cybersecurity: A channel9 video: Satya Nadella on Cybersecurity and Microsoft’s new Cyber Defense Operations Center In this special Taste of Premier episode we welcome Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella and GM of Microsoft’s Cloud Platform Julia White to discuss Microsoft’s new approach on...