Windows 10: Cycling reboots

Discus and support Cycling reboots in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a cycling reboots situation. [IMG][IMG]i read through various online resources and was able to load it in safe mode. Recovery doesn't work and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SDatt, Jan 9, 2019.

1. SDatt Win User

Cycling reboots

I have a cycling reboots situation.

Cycling reboots [​IMG]Cycling reboots [​IMG]i read through various online resources and was able to load it in safe mode. Recovery doesn't work and neither does reset through the recovery options. I'm trying to just get it open, i don't care much about my files because the important ones are backed up.

So far i have tried to go through safe mode, there's no restore point, reinstall using the windows cd but still fails. However it's interesting that when I'm in safe mode, i can clearly see the files and everything seems to be fine. Is there any way to recover from this situation?

Any idea would be appreciated. Thanks.

:)

SDatt, Jan 9, 2019

2. [Windows 10 RS2 RTM] System run "shutdown -r -t 60" reboot cycles test, the system change to shutdown, can not power on

Hi,

To help us determine to your concern regarding reboot cycle, we'd like to ask for additional information. Please answer the following:

• What happens when you reboot your PC?
    • Can you please tell us the steps that you took and what you are trying to do when you encountered the issue?
    • Can you please elaborate on your inquiry?
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 9, 2019
  3. win 10 starts normally then after minutes begins to cycle the desktop

Completed all steps. Checker tool found no problems. The DNS flush was completed.

Machine still cycles the desktop and doesn't allow any programs to run.

Since it does not cycle in safe mode, that suggests some background program is the problem. What program would cause a repeated resetting of the desktop?

Suggestions?

TedHammack, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Cycling reboots

tried to restore windows 8.1, now have crash, reboot cycle

I have just tried to restore my PC back to Windows 8.1, from windows 10, an error message came up saying "there was an error recovering your PC, undoing changes", now my computer is stuck in a crash, reboot cycle. if i could, i would just reinstall windows
    from a fresh installation, but i don't have a Windows 8/8.1 install disc. any suggestions on how to 'break the cycle' and free my PC. Thanks in advance

Paul Gray 87, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Cycling reboots

1. Cycling reboots - Similar Threads - Cycling reboots

2. Pc wont boot to safe mode stuck in reboot cycle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc wont boot to safe mode stuck in reboot cycle: i have a PowerSpec G906 with a 4070ti graphics card. I was getting a issue where my screen would flash black and tried everything. My PC wouldnt boot into safe mode as it would get suck in this cycle so i downloaded a software to force it into safe mode however its constantly...
  3. Pc wont boot to safe mode stuck in reboot cycle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc wont boot to safe mode stuck in reboot cycle: i have a PowerSpec G906 with a 4070ti graphics card. I was getting a issue where my screen would flash black and tried everything. My PC wouldnt boot into safe mode as it would get suck in this cycle so i downloaded a software to force it into safe mode however its constantly...
  4. System will enter a reboot cycle when GPU is used intensively.

System will enter a reboot cycle when GPU is used intensively.: I have recently built myself a new pc and have been using it without issue for the past few weeks, yesterday I realised that I hadn't enabled xmp so I went and did that, the pc ended up getting stuck in a bootloop so I had to clear the CMOS. I've not touched xmp since and I...
  5. System will enter a reboot cycle when GPU is used intensively.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System will enter a reboot cycle when GPU is used intensively.: I have recently built myself a new pc and have been using it without issue for the past few weeks, yesterday I realised that I hadn't enabled xmp so I went and did that, the pc ended up getting stuck in a bootloop so I had to clear the CMOS. I've not touched xmp since and I...
  6. Windows 11 stuck in cycle, not rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 stuck in cycle, not rebooting: Hi,My system is giving the stop code System Thread Exception Not Handled and says that nvlddmkm.sys has failed. I'm trying to reset the computer and reinstall Windows, but now it's in a cycle of not being able to reboot, restarting and trying to download windows, and then...
  7. Windows 11 stuck in cycle, not rebooting

Windows 11 stuck in cycle, not rebooting: Hi,My system is giving the stop code System Thread Exception Not Handled and says that nvlddmkm.sys has failed. I'm trying to reset the computer and reinstall Windows, but now it's in a cycle of not being able to reboot, restarting and trying to download windows, and then...
  8. Laptop stuck in an endless reboot cycle without the display turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck in an endless reboot cycle without the display turning on: When I started my laptop this morning the screen blinked orange, green, red, and white and since then it has been stuck in an endless reboot cycle. The keyboard lights up and the fans turn on and after a few seconds it turns off again and it does this on repeat, the screen or...
  9. Laptop stuck in an endless reboot cycle without the display turning on

Laptop stuck in an endless reboot cycle without the display turning on: When I started my laptop this morning the screen blinked orange, green, red, and white and since then it has been stuck in an endless reboot cycle. The keyboard lights up and the fans turn on and after a few seconds it turns off again and it does this on repeat, the screen or...
  10. Laptop stuck in an endless reboot cycle without the display turning on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging