Windows 10: cygwin rsync broken after Windows update

Discus and support cygwin rsync broken after Windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; rsync /tmp/test.log /cygdrive/c/temp/ rsync: pipe: Connection timed out (116) rsync error: error in IPC code (code 14) at pipe.c(122) [sender=3.1.2]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jamesjames9, Mar 12, 2019.

1. cygwin rsync broken after Windows update

rsync /tmp/test.log /cygdrive/c/temp/
    rsync: pipe: Connection timed out (116)
    rsync error: error in IPC code (code 14) at pipe.c(122) [sender=3.1.2]

It used to work very well.

Is it because some new process prevent rsync from working, or is it because some back-end processes/services not started?
    Please shed some light.
    Thanks a lot in advance

:)

jamesjames9, Mar 12, 2019
  2. Zythyr Win User

Permission issue when accessing rsync backed up data

I backed up my data to an external hard drive using rsync on Windows using cygwin+rsync. Below is example of the command:
    Now, when I connect my external hard drive to another computer, I am unable to access my data. When I try to read or copy a folder, Windows says permissions denied. Attached are the screenshots of the error prompts I get when I try to access the data on the external hard drive.

Edit (partial solution found):
    I came across a similar issue/solution by another user. By adding then noacl flag to the fstab file in the C/cygwin/etc/, I am able to avoid the permission issue. BUT the permission issue is only fixed on all NEW/UPDATED files/folders I sync. All existing data still have the permission issue despite rerunning rsync command.

How do I fix the permissions of all my existing data? It is very strange I never had this issue until after updating cygwin and rsync yesterday. How can I ensure my data on the external hard drive will be accessible by any computer?

Zythyr, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Rsync on Windows

Please recommend some ways to use Rsync on Win10 computer. I try to use this tool to copy file from a remote Linux server.

AlexCarlton2, Mar 12, 2019
  4. userlol Win User

cygwin rsync broken after Windows update

Use rsync on Windows machine

Hi, I want to use rsync to copy file from a remote Linux server.

And I have only one url (example): rsync://export@10.123.101.225/folder/dmp_db.sql.gz

I've tried DeltaCopy but I can't create a new profile, it fails.

Is there any other convenient way to use rsync on Win10 PC?

Any advice sill be appreciated!

userlol, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

cygwin rsync broken after Windows update

1. cygwin rsync broken after Windows update - Similar Threads - cygwin rsync broken

2. Windows broken after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows broken after update: I recently re-installed Windows again, as it was running slowly and acting poorly not refreshing explorer automatically etc. Last night it did updates which broke my system again. This has been going on for 2 years now. I am extremely upset that these updates are FORCED on my...
  3. Windows broken after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows broken after update: I recently re-installed Windows again, as it was running slowly and acting poorly not refreshing explorer automatically etc. Last night it did updates which broke my system again. This has been going on for 2 years now. I am extremely upset that these updates are FORCED on my...
  4. Windows broken after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Rsync hanging

Rsync hanging: Rsync has been successfully run for quite a few years on a Debian system. The home directory has been regularly transferred to a FAT32 USB drive. Recently, rsync has been hanging. Rsync just hangs at a particular small file that it gets to and doesn't move on - no error...
  6. Rsync hanging

Rsync hanging: Rsync has been successfully run for quite a few years on a Debian system. The home directory has been regularly transferred to a FAT32 USB drive. Recently, rsync has been hanging. Rsync just hangs at a particular small file that it gets to and doesn't move on - no error...
  7. Rsync for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rsync for Windows 10: I store my photos and some other files in one hard disk. I would like to use another hard disk as backup. Does Microsoft have an equivalent to Rsync for Windows 10? I really don't want to use OneDrive or any other cloud storage. If it's possible I'd prefer not using Windows...
  8. Rsync for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rsync for Windows 10: Hello, I store my photos and some other files in one hard disk. I would like to use another hard disk as backup. Does Microsoft have an equivalent to Rsync for Windows 10? Thanks...
  9. Rsync on Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rsync on Windows: Please recommend some ways to use Rsync on Win10 computer. I try to use this tool to copy file from a remote Linux server. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rsync-on-windows/8de10c2b-f31f-4866-8f91-7220317b1a57
  10. cygwin fails with dll rebase problem. Complete cygwin reinstall fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cygwin fails with dll rebase problem. Complete cygwin reinstall fails: cygwin is required for my environment. It's been working fine with the Win10 beta releases. Is there a quick fix available ... otherwise I have to revert to beta quickly. July 30 Updates resolved the problem. 9617

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rsync expands to /cygdrive