Windows 10: Cyrillic instead of English

Discus and support Cyrillic instead of English in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The WIN 10 panels requesting my name and password are written in Russian or Ukrainian. How can I correct this? 17967 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Discusjon, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Discusjon Win User

Cyrillic instead of English

The WIN 10 panels requesting my name and password are written in Russian or Ukrainian.
    How can I correct this?

:)

Discusjon, Aug 20, 2015
  2. moses357 Win User

Editing Contacts via keypad causes OPERATION FAILED error 6131

As I wrote, my contacts became healthy by backing them up and restoring back. And the problem with Outlook's "losts" is familiar to me for two years - and there are still no changes in software from MS and Nokia. Of course, I've tried to use different
    Nokia cell phones and versions of Outlook and NPCSuite. Now I think, I should try to store contacts in English and try an English version of Outlook instead of Cyrillic ones.

Thanks anyway! Cyrillic instead of English :)

moses357, Aug 20, 2015
  3. Why text in some files is gibberish. Originally it is supposed to be Russian

I don't think that the file is corrupt. My computer does not show only Cyrillic words. The English words are shown. Should I download Cyrillic package or something? I have similar problems with other files written in Russian.

Jannet Kashkay, Aug 20, 2015
  4. Cyrillic instead of English

Reinstall the entire OS?

derekellis81, Aug 20, 2015
  5. Discusjon Win User
    Gee Thanks.

Discusjon, Aug 20, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    Check your location.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cyrillic instead of English

1. Cyrillic instead of English - Similar Threads - Cyrillic instead English

2. Cyrillic text unintelligible and untranslatable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cyrillic text unintelligible and untranslatable: WINDOWS 11 I've recently downloaded a Russian application. The text it displays is a weird, corrupted version of Cyrillic and even after downloading the Russian language pack from Windows and installing all optional Windows updates it is still corrupted. Help would be...
  3. Cyrillic text unintelligible and untranslatable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cyrillic text unintelligible and untranslatable: WINDOWS 11 I've recently downloaded a Russian application. The text it displays is a weird, corrupted version of Cyrillic and even after downloading the Russian language pack from Windows and installing all optional Windows updates it is still corrupted. Help would be...
  4. Handwriting recognition on Bulgarian cyrilic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Handwriting recognition on Bulgarian cyrilic: I work mostly in Bulgarian and I badly need recognition of Bulgarian handwriting. Is it expected that there will be a similar decision soon in Windows?...
  5. Handwriting recognition on Bulgarian cyrilic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Handwriting recognition on Bulgarian cyrilic: I work mostly in Bulgarian and I badly need recognition of Bulgarian handwriting. Is it expected that there will be a similar decision soon in Windows?...
  6. Weird symbols instead of english characters on some programs interface

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird symbols instead of english characters on some programs interface: As far as I can tell, prior to today, my Nord VPN program was the only one doing it for about the past year or so. But today, I installed Handbrake for DVD's and it also has this, and makes it rather impossible to use, lol. The Nord one I could care less about. I've tried a...
  7. Windows 10 english version instead of single language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 english version instead of single language: Hi there! I've recently bought a lenovo yoga c940 with windows 10 home edition / single language and I haven't found a suitable option to change it. Unfortunately the single language display language is in spanish from Spain, including Cortana and I would like to have a...
  8. Latin to Cyrillic transliteration

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latin to Cyrillic transliteration: Hey, i was curious: is there an option to enable latin>cyrillic transliteration? For example, if i will type "Pryvit", i would like to see on screen "Привіт" Ukrainian or something like that. Thanks....
  9. Instead of English, Russian letters appears

Instead of English, Russian letters appears: I use English Keyboard Layout, but when I press the keys, only Russian letters appear. I use external keyboard. Thank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/instead-of-english-russian-letters-appears/24968b69-8fe4-4441-8615-0a872cf5c90b
  10. My keyboard changes to English instead of Norwegian automatically.

My keyboard changes to English instead of Norwegian automatically.: Usually while playing games my keyboard just changes to English and that has a different layout than what i am used to so this is problematic to me. All solutions i found included going to control panel and going to "language" but according to my PC, that does no exist....