Windows 10: D:\ Access is denied - How do I resolve this?

Discus and support D:\ Access is denied - How do I resolve this? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello folks Don't ever buy a Lenovo laptop with a SSD drive! This new laptop is giving me nothing but grief!! Procedure. Laptop has two m.2 NVMe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ArthurDent, Mar 28, 2020.

1. D:\ Access is denied - How do I resolve this?

Hello folks

Don't ever buy a Lenovo laptop with a SSD drive! This new laptop is giving me nothing but grief!!

Procedure. Laptop has two m.2 NVMe sockets in it. Has run for the past few weeks with the OEM SSD (C: drive containing boot partition, OS and program files) and a second SSD (D: drive) in the other socket which contains all the documents & photos.

Opened laptop. Took out D: drive and replaced with blank, unformatted, 255GB WD SSD. Initialized disk and formatted.
    Cloned OEM SSD using Macrium reflect. Took out clone and replaced D: drive.

Suddenly, after cloning the C: drive D: drive has lost some folders and documents?!?

So, I try to get them back and succeed in getting back *most* of the documents from an earlier backup (on an SD card).

Now, when I try to access D: drive, I get the message that D: is not accessible.

I'm guessing it is down to permissions but can't make head nor tail of Microsoft's terminology.

HELP before this 6 week old laptop takes a vertical dive onto the concrete patio one floor below.

Art

Windows 10 1909 (OS Build 18363.720)
    C: drive is 256Gb SSD containing boot partition, OS and program files
    D: drive is 520Gb SSD which *should* contain documents

:)

ArthurDent, Mar 28, 2020

2. Remote access denied.

Hi Paul,

To resolve your concern about remote access denied, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows logo+R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc on the Run box.
    • Open Remote Desktop Services.
    • Go to the Log On tab.
    • Select This account: Network Service.
    • Click Apply, and then OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruizell Rey, Mar 28, 2020
  3. EsMj Win User
    Change Folder Destination access Denied

Thanks.

After following the steps suggested, I get the message "Access denied" in command prompt.

Please advise how to allow permission.

4. D:\ Access is denied - How do I resolve this?

Access denied - windows 10

Hi Dominic,

Since you tried all steps provided, we have a thread on our other forum TechNet, that has a similar issue. Click

here
    and see if it helps. If not, we suggest that you post your concern directly on TechNet.

Regards.

Radney Dri, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

D:\ Access is denied - How do I resolve this?

1. D:\ Access is denied - How do I resolve this? - Similar Threads - Access denied resolve

2. How to resolve error code5 has occured. Access denyed. ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve error code5 has occured. Access denyed. ?: I am getting a message of Error code 5 has occured. Access denied while opening my administrator account. So what can I do to resolve this so that I could not get this message and disable the administrator restrictions?...
  3. How to resolve error code5 has occured. Access denyed. ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to resolve error code5 has occured. Access denyed. ?: I am getting a message of Error code 5 has occured. Access denied while opening my administrator account. So what can I do to resolve this so that I could not get this message and disable the administrator restrictions?...
  4. How can I resolve "destination folder access denied"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I resolve "destination folder access denied"?: Hello, so I've been trying to access an application but the 0x000007b error is showing up. From what I've found I need to copy a bunch of .dll files to Sys32 and Sys64WOW, but "xinput9_1_0" is the only one that can't be copied. Now I've been searching and finally accessed the...
  5. " d:\ is not accessible. Access is denied"

" d:\ is not accessible. Access is denied": After installing Windows10 from windows 7 Pro I lost access to my external drives. All USB drives and CDRom drive. The error that I get is " d:\ is not accessible. Access is denied" Can somebody help me with this?...
  6. Denied myself access to D:

Denied myself access to D:: Hello, well trying to create a user profile for my child I went in and denied access to the D: to not only him, but now have also locked myself out. I have followed all the help I can find including the command prompt which at the end tells me "D:* access denied, and also...
  7. D:\ not accessible Access denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D:\ not accessible Access denied: After "upgrading" to windows 10, laptop wouldn't play DVDs. Paid for and downloaded driver and it worked for maybe 3 movies. Now it says "D:\is not accessible" and "access denied" What's going on?...
  8. Local disk D access denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Local disk D access denied: How to fix this ? every i make new folder [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-d-access-denied/87950c78-4e50-43c3-bb09-faf6ea96b147
  9. Drive D is not opening, not accessible, access denied

Drive D is not opening, not accessible, access denied: I`m not able to open my drive D:\ . When I try, I get message, not accessible, access denied. This error came as a result of removing all sharing privileges to the drive. immediately I finished the process of removing sharing of any file on the drive, I was not able to access...
  10. WindowsApps on D:\ Drive - Access Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsApps on D:\ Drive - Access Denied: Finally in version 10565 you are able to move/install Apps to other location than C:\Program Files\WindowsApps To change permissions for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps to be able to see what was inside the folder was easy however to do the same on D:\WindowsApps seems to be...