Windows 10: D.agkn.com redirect

Discus and support D.agkn.com redirect in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Windows 11 and I use Firefox browser. About a month ago, I started getting redirected to D.agkn.com when I click on some store links that show... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DeniseJM, Jun 21, 2022.

1. DeniseJM Win User

D.agkn.com redirect

I have Windows 11 and I use Firefox browser. About a month ago, I started getting redirected to D.agkn.com when I click on some store links that show up on a Google search such as Etsy, Kohls, etc. I don't get redirected when I use Edge.I went on line and tried a few malware removal programs. The first one I tried was SpyHunter5. It found a couple of things that are shown in the attached picture. SpyHunter5 deleted them but when I restarted my computer, I could connect to Firefox but couldn't go anywhere. None of my bookmarks worked and when I typed Google in the address bar, I still got

:)

DeniseJM, Jun 21, 2022
  2. dearnold Win User

Redirect a system file problem

Thank you, dalchina. I did use the location tab and I've done it many times over the years - so I wasn't following the tut and didn't use proper care by making a system backup first. Lesson learned (again)!

I'm not entirely sure how I did it, but it now appears to be fixed. I followed a suggestion in another thread that I happened on.
    the steps were:
    1. make a new downloads folder in the destination location of choice
    2. right click on the "wrong" shortcut - D:\ in my case & select Properties
    3. In the path field, simply change it to your preferred destination and click APPLY
    4. You'll get a request to confirm the redirection - click No
    5. Click OK in your D:\ window
    Restart.

After restarting, I opened File Explorer and the Downloads system folder seems to be where I want it - D:\DOWNLOADS
    I manually moved a few files into it.
    There are no error messages.
    It sounds to easy to actually be true, so I'm not publishing this to the world yet.

Berton, thanks for chiming in. Your solution certainly works, but I don't want to have to think about yet another "maintenance" step if I can possibly avoid it.

dearnold, Jun 21, 2022
  3. Ṣmeed Win User
    Ṣmeed, Jun 21, 2022
  4. D.agkn.com redirect

D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jun 21, 2022
Thema:

D.agkn.com redirect

1. D.agkn.com redirect - Similar Threads - agkn com redirect

2. One Drive - Redirect OneDrive to Drive D, rather than the default of C:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive - Redirect OneDrive to Drive D, rather than the default of C:: Most NEW Computers have the root drive as an SSD for C: How can I redirect the OneDrive files to synch to D, which is much larger than C :?...
  3. Download and My Pictures data being redirected to D: drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download and My Pictures data being redirected to D: drive: In the past, I set my windows data to reside on disk D: I just upgraded to a large ssd drive and have migrated the data back to the C: drive. Unfortunately, some directories do not seem to understand the redirection. Specifically, Downloads and My Pictures still end up on the...
  4. Redirect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Redirect: Hello, My SSD is running out of storage and so I want to move my videos folder from my SSD to my Hard Drive. When I go to Video Properties and try to change the location to a folder on my HDD, it says: This folder can't be moved here. Cannot redirect a parent into a child....
  5. Can I redirect Program files to D drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I redirect Program files to D drive?: Split from this thread. HI, If I do this. To change the default installation path, just follow below steps: 1. Press Windows key + R and type gpedit.msc 1. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion. 2. At the right panel, look for...
  6. Redirecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Redirecting: Hello I have an issue with lately all of my links i usually click they are redirecting me to other sites and opening up multiple tabs at a time. This as well has been spamming my inbox. I have all firewall setup on strict and smart screen is on. Not sure why this keeps...
  7. Redirect

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Redirect: Hello Please how to get rid of browsers Redirects ? It is troubling me during watching videos ,,, Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/redirect/003558f8-7139-46e5-b65b-2afd1bf20c21"
  8. D COM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    D COM: It seems just about every single day that I use my computer I continuously, have to fix errors that fill up the event viewer. Just what in the F@#% was Microsoft NOT thinking. I constantly have to go in the RegEdit to fix permissions search for the CLSID then the APPID then...
  9. redirect to msftconnecttest.com/redirect in startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    redirect to msftconnecttest.com/redirect in startup: Hi. Every time I restart my system or turn on from a shut down, this website "MSN France: Hotmail, Outlook, actualités, météo, divertissement" opens automatically in microsoft edge and obviously it dont go anywhere just saying chek your firewall and network Diagnostics. I...
  10. Need to redirect "C:\Users\Dave\Documents" to "D:\doher\Documents"

in Windows 10 Support
    Need to redirect "C:\Users\Dave\Documents" to "D:\doher\Documents": When I did a new install of Windows 10, my user name changed from 'Dave' (in Windows 7) to 'doher' (in Windows 10). At the time I was not happy about it, but too many things eventually tied to the new name I just decided to stick with it. In Win 7, my documents were in...