Windows 10: D and E drive keeps disappearing? any fixes?

Discus and support D and E drive keeps disappearing? any fixes? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so this started about last night just finished dinner went back to my pc and noticed that a few windows and apps had closed, went into file explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ClumsyBaron, Jun 10, 2019.

1. D and E drive keeps disappearing? any fixes?

so this started about last night just finished dinner went back to my pc and noticed that a few windows and apps had closed, went into file explorer and noticed that D and E drive are missing, restarted my pc the drives returned but then they disappeared randomly. tried disk managment but that didnt seem to help like it only showed disk 0 which includes C drive and nothing else when the D and E drive disappeared. does anyone have any solutions for this?

:)

ClumsyBaron, Jun 10, 2019
  2. itay_373 Win User

d drive keep disappearing..

Hi,

my d drive keep disappearing,

i tried chkdsk the drive, but the process suddenly stops and d drive disapper

i really don't know what to do..

itay_373, Jun 10, 2019
  3. KR1021 Win User
    D Drive Disappeared

My D Drive just disappeared. Using Windows 10. anyone have any suggestions on how to find my disk?

I am a college student and need my drive quickly

KR1021, Jun 10, 2019
  4. D and E drive keeps disappearing? any fixes?

D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

D and E drive keeps disappearing? any fixes?

1. D and E drive keeps disappearing? any fixes? - Similar Threads - drive keeps disappearing

2. My D Drive keeps deleting or disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D Drive keeps deleting or disappearing: I have no idea how to explain this fully but I have researched many times every single time this happens, I know how to fix it but just not even a day ago it deleted my d drive to where I had to restore to a previous restore point which was about a week back, but not even 3...
  3. My D Drive keeps deleting or disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My D Drive keeps deleting or disappearing: I have no idea how to explain this fully but I have researched many times every single time this happens, I know how to fix it but just not even a day ago it deleted my d drive to where I had to restore to a previous restore point which was about a week back, but not even 3...
  4. My D Drive keeps deleting or disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. SSD drives D: and E: disappearing after a Restart.

SSD drives D: and E: disappearing after a Restart.: I have two 2T SSD drives that disappear only after a restart. I need to use the shut down option to make them reappear. I have checked the bios after the restart and the drives are not showing up in the bios. Once I do a shutdown and power the computer back up, both drives...
  6. Disk D and E suddenly disappeared

Disk D and E suddenly disappeared: Yesterday I shut down and update my computer. After the update finishes and it shut down, my brother pulled the wifi cable from the computer and used it for his laptop. after reattaching the said wifi cable to the computer and launching it, some shortcuts at desktop...
  7. D drive keeps disappearing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    D drive keeps disappearing.: Every time I download something on my D drive it simply disappears, although once I restart my computer its there again. This would not be as big of a problem if the thing I'm downloading did not have to restart. Does anybody know a solution to this issue? submitted by...
  8. D and E Drives Keep Disappearing and Asking to be Initialized Over and Over

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D and E Drives Keep Disappearing and Asking to be Initialized Over and Over: This issue has taken place for a while now and I can't seem to find a solution. My Samsung 850 Evo 1TB SSD and WD Black 2TB HDD keep continuously disappearing and then showing up in the disk management as needing to be initialized again. I've tried many things like changing...
  9. My partitions E and D disappeared!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My partitions E and D disappeared!: hi guys yesterday I was looking at my files and noticed that partition E and D were gone. I thought they didn't load properly so I just restarted my laptop. Still nothing. I checked the disk management and nothing they were not even hidden or unlocated. [ATTACH] I have...
  10. D and E drives

D and E drives: Hi all, can anyone enlighten me as to why my D or E drives don't work, I want to copy some tracks onto my OC then burn them to another disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-and-e-drives/6cf8b911-ce0d-4e4e-a023-019f7c54a140

Users found this page by searching for:

1. d drive keeps disappearing

2. drive e keeps disappearing

3. windows drive substitution keeps disappearing

4. why does my d drive keep disappearing,
  5. E drive keeps disappearing,
  6. d / keeps disappearing,
  7. my disc drive D keeps dissapearing?