Windows 10: D and E drives are not playing my image CD

Discus and support D and E drives are not playing my image CD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My PC appears not to do anything with my image CDs after inserting them into the drives. On my OLD PC there was no problem, the media player created a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BevMurphy1, Mar 16, 2020.

1. D and E drives are not playing my image CD

My PC appears not to do anything with my image CDs after inserting them into the drives. On my OLD PC there was no problem, the media player created a slide show from previous photo/image discs and displayed it on my PC. I clicked directly onto the disc drive icon, it directed me to insert a disc because it said non was in the drive, even though I had inserted one in there. I right clicked the icon, and information came up other than 'play' or 'open with' that was not helpful. I clicked "IMPORT" and the PC did not recognise the image CD in drive D. So now I cant view my CD photos. Can you please suggest a way of viewing the images on my CD?? tia

:)

BevMurphy1, Mar 16, 2020

2. I cannot play a CD.

How do I "associate" the program that is supposed to be attached to my D drive (for CD's). I cannot play a CD. It was working and I "ripped" a CD and now that list of CD's won't go away in the program -- D drive is not reading (??)

JoyceBokor, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Shaymoses Win User
    CD recognition on drive D.

fouund nothing but thanks anyway. will try new cd's and NERO program... esn

Shaymoses, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Martmcd Win User

D and E drives are not playing my image CD

D and E drives

Hi johnmansfield

what sort of media are D and E drives? DVD/CD, HDD, SSD etc.

did you look in disk management?

also look in device manager

right click on start, select device manager

are there any unknow devices or problems reported?

if D & E drives are DVD, expand DVD/CDROM drives

right click on each and select uninstall

close device manager and restart

windows will reinstall them.

Martmcd, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

D and E drives are not playing my image CD

1. D and E drives are not playing my image CD - Similar Threads - drives are playing

2. My drive D and E are gone!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My drive D and E are gone!: After upgrading my ram and adding SSD, my drive E and drive D were gone. But a new partition came up with this name: reversed file. It has 237 mb used space but showing nothing even when my hidden file is on in view. In the past after connecting a USB ,this reversed file part...
  3. My drive D and E are gone!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My drive D and E are gone!: After upgrading my ram and adding SSD, my drive E and drive D were gone. But a new partition came up with this name: reversed file. It has 237 mb used space but showing nothing even when my hidden file is on in view. In the past after connecting a USB ,this reversed file part...
  4. CD not working in D Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD not working in D Drive: My Audio book cds will not work in D drive. My pc eventually ejects the disc and then tells me to insert a cd. Other cds and dvds work fine in the drive. I am at a loss what to do. It is just these audiobooks. I have tried downloading itunes from microsoft but download error...
  5. CD not working in D Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD not working in D Drive: My Audio book cds will not work in D drive. My pc eventually ejects the disc and then tells me to insert a cd. Other cds and dvds work fine in the drive. I am at a loss what to do. It is just these audiobooks. I have tried downloading itunes from microsoft but download error...
  6. i cannot find my D: drive and E: drive in my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i cannot find my D: drive and E: drive in my laptop: hello, I cannot locate my D:drive and E:drive in my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-find-my-d-drive-and-e-drive-in-my-laptop/ddb6f397-8e9d-4b9a-b874-670224ea836b
  7. D drive for cd/dvd not working

D drive for cd/dvd not working: Windows 10. Says all updates are good but read it could be an update causing optic not to read a cd/dvd. It said I need the Anniversary update but it says I have all my updates...
  8. D and E drives

D and E drives: Hi all, can anyone enlighten me as to why my D or E drives don't work, I want to copy some tracks onto my OC then burn them to another disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-and-e-drives/6cf8b911-ce0d-4e4e-a023-019f7c54a140
  9. How to change E Drive to D

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change E Drive to D: On my Windows 10 Surface I have attached two extra separate hard drives via USB cables. For the last 12 months one was D: the other G:. Now they show up as E: and G: I have lots of links to files on my D: drive. How do I rename this E: back to D:?...
  10. CD drive (D) is stuck closed

CD drive (D) is stuck closed: My cd drive:D is stuck closed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-drive-d-is-stuck-closed/97af1d92-a910-4184-9a4d-a2e57966a609