Windows 10: D: completely gone

Discus and support D: completely gone in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I noticed today that I had a few broken Links where Shorcuts to my games are on my desktop. The whole disk drive D: has disappeared. It isn't even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SheaLutz, Oct 15, 2020.

1. SheaLutz Win User

D: completely gone

I noticed today that I had a few broken Links where Shorcuts to my games are on my desktop. The whole disk drive D: has disappeared. It isn't even being recognized in Diskmanagment so I can't give it a rename and when I do a full search using partition software it doesn't find it either. My C:/ is completely full of basic program files needed to run my PC so I can't delete anything and I need space to even open up my adobe software. I'm kinda freaking out a little. It's also A ROG gaming laptop so I cant try unplugging and resetting it that way.

:)

SheaLutz, Oct 15, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond D: completely gone :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 15, 2020
  4. D: completely gone

D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

D: completely gone

1. D: completely gone - Similar Threads - completely gone

2. My ASUS TUF A15 updated but now my taskbar is completely gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ASUS TUF A15 updated but now my taskbar is completely gone: So I have a Asus laptop TUF FA507RE before an update my WiFi icon was gone I couldn’t connect to the internet so I was like hmmmm maybe if I updated to the latest version it would fix then I updated and I got stuck in a boot loop which eventually finished but then I noticed...
  3. My ASUS TUF A15 updated but now my taskbar is completely gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My ASUS TUF A15 updated but now my taskbar is completely gone: So I have a Asus laptop TUF FA507RE before an update my WiFi icon was gone I couldn’t connect to the internet so I was like hmmmm maybe if I updated to the latest version it would fix then I updated and I got stuck in a boot loop which eventually finished but then I noticed...
  4. mediatek completely gone, my internet doesn’t work, any help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mediatek completely gone, my internet doesn’t work, any help?: Many of the fixes involve resetting your wifi driver, minor inconvenience being I don’t have one! I’ve already tried viewing hidden stuff, the mediatek adaptor isn’t there....
  5. mediatek completely gone, my internet doesn’t work, any help?

mediatek completely gone, my internet doesn’t work, any help?: Many of the fixes involve resetting your wifi driver, minor inconvenience being I don’t have one! I’ve already tried viewing hidden stuff, the mediatek adaptor isn’t there....
  6. Windows Copilot is completely gone from my windows 11,how can i bring it back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Copilot is completely gone from my windows 11,how can i bring it back?: Hello, yesterday i noticed that my windows copilot is gone, the only reason i can think of, is because of i ran a windows utility tool 2 days back Chris titus windows tool and maybe that borked it. Things i did to fix it:1: going to taskbar settings, but the option to switch...
  7. Windows Copilot is completely gone from my windows 11,how can i bring it back?

Windows Copilot is completely gone from my windows 11,how can i bring it back?: Hello, yesterday i noticed that my windows copilot is gone, the only reason i can think of, is because of i ran a windows utility tool 2 days back Chris titus windows tool and maybe that borked it. Things i did to fix it:1: going to taskbar settings, but the option to switch...
  8. My internet and bluethooth icon is completely gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet and bluethooth icon is completely gone.: On my laptop window 11 the internet and Bluetooth icon is completely gone. I've restarted and factory restarted my laptop. I have no clue what to do. When I went to device manager the Realtek Bluetooth adapter has a little orange triangle. Please help me out....
  9. My internet and bluethooth icon is completely gone.

My internet and bluethooth icon is completely gone.: On my laptop window 11 the internet and Bluetooth icon is completely gone. I've restarted and factory restarted my laptop. I have no clue what to do. When I went to device manager the Realtek Bluetooth adapter has a little orange triangle. Please help me out....
  10. The yes button on the UAC Prompt is completely gone

The yes button on the UAC Prompt is completely gone: I gave my user account on windows 10 standard privileges and now the "yes" on UAC Prompt is completely gone. I don't think I have any way to reverse it.Here are some instructions I have already followed but did not work for various reasons. I tried each solution from this...