Windows 10: D disk disappeared, healthy partition

Discus and support D disk disappeared, healthy partition in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, for some reason today mi D disk simply disappeared (disk 0). As you can see in the screenshots I can't change the name, it's a healthy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by johtzenbach, Mar 24, 2021.

1. D disk disappeared, healthy partition

Hello,

for some reason today mi D disk simply disappeared (disk 0). As you can see in the screenshots I can't change the name, it's a healthy partition, and I also tried refreshing and everything, still nothing. It shows as a normal disk in "disk management" but not in "This PC" (the last screenshot). What's the problem here? Thanks.

D disk disappeared, healthy partition [​IMG]

:)

johtzenbach, Mar 24, 2021

2. Disk D and E disappeared

Hello guys D disk disappeared, healthy partition :)

I tried to browse around, but did not really find an answer that works for my issue.

So having Windws 8.1 the other day it showed an error (blue screen, saying there is a trouble of some kind) and after it did a Windows restore and update. Ever since, my Disk D and E just disappeared.

I from Disk Management, I tried to Refresh, to Rescan Disks, nothing is happening (they just show as Disk 0 Healthy (Recovery Partition) and Disk 0 (Healthy EFI System Partition). I can't right-click and Change the Drive Letter either on any of them.

Would anyone have an idea how to restore them, without loosing the data on them?

I am wondering if there was a problem with the Windows update, so should I try to restore the Windows to a point before the update? However I never created a Restore Point, so I don't know where to go back to.

Thanks a lot, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Roumiana Bobeva, Mar 24, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Partition Change Drive letter of Healthy Recovery from D to F

In Computer Management/Disk Management Show Disk 0 which is 2TB broken down into Partitions as follows (Windows 10 Home) New Laptop;

260MB Healthy EFI System

Windows (CD disk disappeared, healthy partition :) which is 2TB

735MB Healthy (Recovery Partition)

16.70GB Healthy (Recovery Partition) If I look in This PC/Devices and Drives, It is shown as (DD disk disappeared, healthy partition :)

If I right click on C, it allows me to shrink the volume so that I can create a partition with a new letter.

If I right click on The D, I just get a Help Dialogue box, which means I cannot change the letter.

In my previous HP Laptop which ran under W7 Pro, I was able to right click on the D drive and change its letter to a spare one.

I then shrank the C: volume and then changed the shranked size to D and then used that to Isolate all Data from the C Drive which just contained the Operating system and programs.

Thanks

Ken

Activities4all, Mar 24, 2021
  4. D disk disappeared, healthy partition

Healthy (EFI System Partition) and OEM Healthy Partition)

HI my HDD have 6 partitions,my question is ;one of the partitions is (EFI System Partition) and other is OEM healthy Partition,I don't know what is in it,Iwonder if i can see what is in it?and what hapen if i delete this partition whithout damage my windows
    or my recovery disk

HectorEdenburg, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

D disk disappeared, healthy partition

1. D disk disappeared, healthy partition - Similar Threads - disk disappeared healthy

2. Disk D: Partition Gone.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk D: Partition Gone.: After our hardware maintenance, the Disk D: partition was gone. I tried rescanning from Disk Management and System restore but It wasn't able to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-d-partition-gone/2fb72bb6-e4ac-4374-826d-aa320a4850c4
  3. Disk D: Partition Gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk D: Partition Gone.: After our hardware maintenance, the Disk D: partition was gone. I tried rescanning from Disk Management and System restore but It wasn't able to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-d-partition-gone/2fb72bb6-e4ac-4374-826d-aa320a4850c4
  4. Disk D: Partition Gone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleting disk partitions: "Healthy Recovery Partition" - which of these are okay to delete?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleting disk partitions: "Healthy Recovery Partition" - which of these are okay to delete?: I recently removed Ubuntu from an Ubuntu-Window dual boot to which I gave a portion of my disk.In the process of removing it, I discovered I had 4 other partitions other than the C:, taking up quite some space.I cannot tell which are the results/residues from the dual boot...
  6. D: partition totally disappeared

D: partition totally disappeared: As I stated in the subject, the D: disk is totally gone, I can't see it neither on "This PC", neither on the "Create and format hard disk partitions". I tried rescanning and everything, and the apps that were installed in it now give me an error that says that the drive where...
  7. Recovering Healthy Partitions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovering Healthy Partitions: During this morning's Window's update, my backup drive lost 3 out of 4 partitions. It rebooted and all of a sudden, three partitions were no more. The data is there, the drive letters show up, but if you try to access them, it wants to reformat the partition. I have run it...
  8. Help with Disk Management - unused healthy primary partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with Disk Management - unused healthy primary partition: Hello, My laptop was running slow still a little slow, in following various recommendations I ended up deleting a ton of stuff to recover space, and I saw my drive set up in Disk Management. I see that I have one Disk 0 and 4 partitions. I also have a D drive that is empty...
  9. partition D of my hard disk disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    partition D of my hard disk disappeared: and it become named partition E and some files of old partition E become inseted in it. OLd partition E become partition F. I downloaded lots of tv tuner software and programs from net to find correct tv tuner software. but there s now corruption and i dont know what to do...
  10. Healthy (EFI System Partition) and OEM Healthy Partition)

Healthy (EFI System Partition) and OEM Healthy Partition): HI my HDD have 6 partitions,my question is ;one of the partitions is (EFI System Partition) and other is OEM healthy Partition,I don't know what is in it,Iwonder if i can see what is in it?and what hapen if i delete this partition whithout damage my windows or my recovery...