Windows 10: D disk space missing

Discus and support D disk space missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I have had my PC for about 2 years now and this is a newly discovered problem. My D disk shows that there is 363 GB of free space, but when I add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SimunSimlesa, Mar 27, 2020.

1. D disk space missing

So I have had my PC for about 2 years now and this is a newly discovered problem.

My D disk shows that there is 363 GB of free space, but when I add up the files that are currently on my D disk there is 132 GB of used storage. Then it should be shown that there is 604 GB of free space but as i see there is about of 200 GB of space missing... Help?! D disk space missing 5c23e307-94ae-4e76-8106-5eb91a441c04?upload=true.png D disk space missing 8d01bc29-bcd4-4281-a50a-f8d91f275cc1?upload=true.png

:)

SimunSimlesa, Mar 27, 2020
  2. jb_044 Win User

windows 10 disk space low on d:

I'm being sent messages every 5 minutes that my disk space is low on D drive, but there are no files listed under that drive. What is D Drive for and how do I change my account so this doesn't continue to happen?

jb_044, Mar 27, 2020
  3. keakar Win User
    help missing disk space

ok guys thanks, I guess its my internet then and not the link, internets been buggy all weekend going in and out.

it was windows recommended to be 12gb but I had it set to 8gb virtual memory set for all drives so I reset it to 2gb like you suggested but im missing 150gb so a handful of gb here and there isn't solving this thing but I do appreciate the help and it is doing good to fix these settings

I think this was it.

it was default set to use up to 50% of disk space so that was it. I reset it to only use 5% and now I have 465gb with 316 gb free which is more like it.

keakar, Mar 27, 2020
  4. cheesy999 Win User

D disk space missing

help missing disk space

It's system restore points and indexing information

cheesy999, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

D disk space missing

1. D disk space missing - Similar Threads - disk space missing

2. My disk D is missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My disk D is missing: I'm using Windows 10, and for a while, my PC was taking a long time to start up, to be more specific, about 5 minutes. I got tired of it and decided to try to fix it by running startup repair, which, as expected, it failed, but that isn't the issue. The issue is that it gave...
  3. My disk D is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My disk D is missing: I'm using Windows 10, and for a while, my PC was taking a long time to start up, to be more specific, about 5 minutes. I got tired of it and decided to try to fix it by running startup repair, which, as expected, it failed, but that isn't the issue. The issue is that it gave...
  4. My disk D is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disk Missing Some Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Missing Some Space: my laptop have 256 SSD btwi calculate every space taken there and those files only taken 200gb while the free files is 38 so wheres my 18 gb?, is it some system files that is not included there or what...
  6. Missing D: External Disk Drive

Missing D: External Disk Drive: Hi, I've had my AlienWare PC for about 4 months now, and recently I can't find my external hard drive. My OS C: is still here, but My D: drive is missing, and I can't find it in File Explorer or Device Manager. Please help....
  7. Disk space missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk space missing: Hi there! So one day i noticed that my disk is almost full like there were 29 GB freespace and i calculated all files on disk and hidden ones too and there were like 90 GB of files and my disk is 225GB so on main page when you click pc you see disk space there were alots of...
  8. Spanned Disk - Missing Space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spanned Disk - Missing Space: Hello, I have created a spanned disk consisting of two 1TB drives so the total space is 2TB. But after having only used 1TB of space the disk appears as full. Any idea why this is happening? Thanks submitted by /u/esfomeado [link] [comments]...
  9. how to free space in Disk D

how to free space in Disk D: D disk almost full How can I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-free-space-in-disk-d/a951515e-a326-4bd2-84d1-e03a492940bc
  10. missing disk space

in Windows 10 Customization
    missing disk space: Have a laptop with a small SSD (29GB) and system 10. File Explorer shows C: with less than 1GB of free space. WinDirStat shows C: at 15.6 GB. Run disk cleanup with little to no gain. Run chkdsk and found nothing to repair. Could some settings be the issue, any ideas?...