Windows 10: D Drive and Download Folder Gone

Discus and support D Drive and Download Folder Gone in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After a recent Windows 10 update my D Drive disappeared, and with it all folders and files stored under 'Downloads' (on my C drive). I use a DELL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Prof. Klaus, Feb 8, 2019.

1. D Drive and Download Folder Gone

After a recent Windows 10 update my D Drive disappeared, and with it all folders and files stored under 'Downloads' (on my C drive).

I use a DELL XPS13 laptop. The files are rather important in nature (work), and I would love to recover them. I tried to run a recovery software, EaseUS, but all it could find where shortcuts to some (not all) documents. These shortcuts did not lead to the documents I am looking for, though.

Some of the documents are still visible in the 'quick access' option, but once I double click I receive an error message asking if the file has been moved, renamed, or deleted? All 'Pictures' and 'Documents' are still available and accessible, just all the 'Downloads" are missing.

On my C Drive I use the 'automatically compress' option. I restarted the laptop multiple times, to no avail.

Any assistance is highly appreciated.

:)

Prof. Klaus, Feb 8, 2019
  2. dianaΤ Win User

my d drive and downloads folder is the same folder???

my d drive is the same folder as my downloads folder and the important things I have in my d drive are now in the same place as my downloads and it's bad because sometimes I almost remove things that are important because I forget that my d drive and downloads
    folder are the same. Like I have a bunch of folders there that I've almost deleted numerous of times because I think im in the downloads folder and that it's just a copy of the original folder and then I remember that I'm on the actual drive. And it's really
    hard to clean out my stuff because I don't know what is what. Like sometimes I don't know if the file or folder in there is something that is downloaded and that I don't need or something important. I don't remember how this happened but I think that I was
    trying to make my d drive my main drive and one some way I changed the location of the drive to my downloads folder. Because I wanted the things I download to go into the d drive folder and not the c drive because I use that one for programs but I didn't want
    my downloads folder to be my d drive!

Is there any way to change it so my downloads folder is my downloads folder and that my d drive is somewhere else again?

Moved From:

dianaΤ, Feb 8, 2019
  3. dianaΤ Win User

The folder I drew a circle around is supposed to be the downloads folder and it's supposed to be named downloads folder(but in swedish) but now it's the d drive (as you can see it says D:\ ) so now my downloads and everything on my d drive are stored into
    the same folder.

Before when it was only the downloads folder the things I downloaded got stored into the c drive but I use the c drive for important things and it doesn't have much space on it and my d drive has a lot of space so I wanted my downloads to go into the d
    drive instead.

So I wanted my main drive where I download photos and videos and stuff to be the d drive and my important things such as programs to get installed into the c drive. But I think that I in some way changed the location of the d drive folder into the downloads
    folder so that's why it's like this. But is there some way to fix it`?

(also I can't move any of the files out of the d drive because it just says to copy them. Like I can cut them out and then paste them onto my desktop or something but I can't move them out of the d drive/downloads folder) I've also tried to reset the location
    of my downloads folder but because the downloads folder was in my c drive I cant. One of the folders on my d drive (the one thats called ''editing'' is 112 GB so I can't fix the downloads folder while it's in there because if I reset the downloads folder
    it will go back into the c drive and I only have 32GB left on my c drive so i can't change the location of the downloads folder. and I can't change the location of the actual d drive because then it goes to the downloads folder and it doesn't work.

But is there a way to make my d drive the main drive so my desktop and everything is on it instead of the c drive???
    D Drive and Download Folder Gone ba73f760-152e-49db-b2a4-08ef921b4390.png

dianaΤ, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

D Drive and Download Folder Gone

Thank you for the information you've provided.

The only way to restore your computer settings is to perform the "Reset this PC" option, then select the "Keep my files"
    option. This option will reinstall your Windows 10 without affecting your files.

Note: Don't forget to back up your files before performing a System Reset.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

D Drive and Download Folder Gone

1. D Drive and Download Folder Gone - Similar Threads - Drive Download Folder

2. Cannot download to WindowsApps folder in D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot download to WindowsApps folder in D drive: Hi I am unable to access my WindowsApps folder in my D Drive. When I try to open it, it says "D:\WindowsApps is not accessible. Access is denied." If I go into properties->Security->advanced, it says "You must have Read permissions to view the properties of this object." and...
  3. Cannot download to WindowsApps folder in D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download to WindowsApps folder in D drive: Hi I am unable to access my WindowsApps folder in my D Drive. When I try to open it, it says "D:\WindowsApps is not accessible. Access is denied." If I go into properties->Security->advanced, it says "You must have Read permissions to view the properties of this object." and...
  4. Cannot download to WindowsApps folder in D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. D Drive is gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D Drive is gone.: My D:/ drive is completely gone. i've rescanned disks, tried resetting failed tried a fresh install also failed, i've tried automatic repair another fail. Can anyone help me?...
  6. D Drive is gone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D Drive is gone.: My D:/ drive is completely gone. i've rescanned disks, tried resetting failed tried a fresh install also failed, i've tried automatic repair another fail. Can anyone help me?...
  7. D Drive is gone.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. D drive gone

D drive gone: Hello,When i got my laptop it had a C drive and a D drive, and both were working fine up until yesterday. I got an error message and my D drive disappeared, it has a question mark over it and won't let me access it. Nothing seems to be working to fix it, I'm not sure what to...
  9. Making a New Download Folder in the D: Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Making a New Download Folder in the D: Drive: Greetings Everyone, I came to a problem that I need the community's help with. I got two drives on my pc. An SSD for boot and a hard drive for mass storage. I was trying to change the location of the downloads to my D: drive, but whenever I do, the file automatically...
  10. Downloading to the D drive

Downloading to the D drive: I want to have my downloads go to my D drive rather than the C drive since I have more space available on the D drive. How do I change it on my computer? I have Windows 10 Home with an Intel Core i5-9600 CPU @3.70Hz....