Windows 10: D drive completely gone after windows update and bios update

Discus and support D drive completely gone after windows update and bios update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows just installed an update when I tried to restart my laptop, it also started upgrading my BIOS. After the update my D drive was gone. My D... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FWshaun98, Apr 11, 2020.

1. D drive completely gone after windows update and bios update

Windows just installed an update when I tried to restart my laptop, it also started upgrading my BIOS. After the update my D drive was gone.

My D drive is a 500gb internal HDD, it doesnt show up in file explorer, disk management or even in the BIOS, there was no evidence of it after the update.

I have a lot of data on that drive and im really worried D drive completely gone after windows update and bios update :(

Windows10 ASUS motherboard

submitted by /u/FWshaun98
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FWshaun98, Apr 11, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Apr 11, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond D drive completely gone after windows update and bios update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 11, 2020
  4. D drive completely gone after windows update and bios update

Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

D drive completely gone after windows update and bios update

1. D drive completely gone after windows update and bios update - Similar Threads - drive completely gone

2. Activation gone after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation gone after BIOS update: My previos thread was actually ignored, just some formal replies which didn`t helped at all, just imitation. It`s outrageous, unthinkable. After I updated bios my windows 11 activation gone. I tried to get support here and in official "contact support" but nothing helped,...
  3. Activation gone after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation gone after BIOS update: My previos thread was actually ignored, just some formal replies which didn`t helped at all, just imitation. It`s outrageous, unthinkable. After I updated bios my windows 11 activation gone. I tried to get support here and in official "contact support" but nothing helped,...
  4. D Drive is gone.

D Drive is gone.: My D:/ drive is completely gone. i've rescanned disks, tried resetting failed tried a fresh install also failed, i've tried automatic repair another fail. Can anyone help me?...
  5. Audio completely gone after new windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio completely gone after new windows update.: So windows does not detect any audio output devices and I have tried everything. I have tried with device manager by adding the drivers and when I add Realtek drivers which is my main audio thing my pc just gets the blue screen. I have aksi tried resetting my pc completely...
  6. Audio completely gone after new windows update.

Audio completely gone after new windows update.: So windows does not detect any audio output devices and I have tried everything. I have tried with device manager by adding the drivers and when I add Realtek drivers which is my main audio thing my pc just gets the blue screen. I have aksi tried resetting my pc completely...
  7. Audio completely gone after new windows update.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. D: completely gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D: completely gone: I noticed today that I had a few broken Links where Shorcuts to my games are on my desktop. The whole disk drive D: has disappeared. It isn't even being recognized in Diskmanagment so I can't give it a rename and when I do a full search using partition software it doesn't...
  9. windows 10 pro GONE after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 pro GONE after BIOS update: I was having issues with my laptop, which was purchased Sept 2019. Product is an MSI Modern 14, purchased from neweggbusiness. I purchased the product with windows 10 pro preinstalled. When the BIOS was updated, it began running Windows 10 Home edition. I contacted MSI as...
  10. WiFi completely gone after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi completely gone after update: Hi my laptop seemed to reset im guessing through an update and my wifi is completly gone?! I have looked online and cannot find the option in settings or any network adaptors. i an currently uninstalling the update and i am not very tech savvy so any advice would be great...