Windows 10: D drive disappeared after Win 10 update

Discus and support D drive disappeared after Win 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My D drive no longer appears at File Explorer, My PC; or at Disk Management. Before this problem I am sure D drive was present at File Explorer, My PC;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wvbirdman, Sep 27, 2019.

1. wvbirdman Win User

D drive disappeared after Win 10 update

My D drive no longer appears at File Explorer, My PC; or at Disk Management. Before this problem I am sure D drive was present at File Explorer, My PC; and at Disk Management. The problem started happening a few days ago around the time of the latest Windows 10 update, "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903". I can not say for sure that the D drive disappeared after the update, but I think it is very likely. I checked Event Log to verify this, but it is filled to the maximum by warnings and errors, generated every 5 seconds, regarding the D drive problem, and does not extend back in time to the update.

The first sign of a problem was pop up messages in the lower right corner of my screen which I did not understand, so I deleted them. I do not recall what these messages said, something about something being disconnected. Then I realized my D drive had disappeared. Rescan Disk has no effect. My D drive is a large partition, about 2/3 of the total hard disk. No system Restore Points appear, they are erased by every update I believe. I would prefer to avoid downloading a third party application if possible.

Thanks for any help.

:)

wvbirdman, Sep 27, 2019
  2. KR1021 Win User

D Drive Disappeared

My D Drive just disappeared. Using Windows 10. anyone have any suggestions on how to find my disk?

I am a college student and need my drive quickly

KR1021, Sep 27, 2019
  3. mikelori5 Win User
    Disappearing dvd drive

When I hook up an internal hard drive in win 10 my DVD drive disappears . Cant find it in explorer . The second hard drive takes the D letter and no DVD rom is shown . When i disconnect the HD the DVD returns as D drive . Any suggestions . SATA connections on everything .

mikelori5, Sep 27, 2019
  4. D drive disappeared after Win 10 update

D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

D drive disappeared after Win 10 update

1. D drive disappeared after Win 10 update - Similar Threads - drive disappeared update

2. After firmware update, my D: drive disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After firmware update, my D: drive disappeared: Restarted the computer for an unrelated reason and the firmware update went through. When Win11 popped back up, my D: drive disappeared. I restored to a restore point, before the update, but it is still gone. It's a laptop. Rescanning Disks in Disk Management does nothing,...
  3. After firmware update, my D: drive disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After firmware update, my D: drive disappeared: Restarted the computer for an unrelated reason and the firmware update went through. When Win11 popped back up, my D: drive disappeared. I restored to a restore point, before the update, but it is still gone. It's a laptop. Rescanning Disks in Disk Management does nothing,...
  4. D drive disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive disappeared: My Drive D on Alienware M15 laptop suddenly disappeared. It disappears every night and comes back itself the next day. But after 2 days it disappeared permanently and hasn't appeared back since the last 4 days. It all started when my drive C became full, and then the laptop...
  5. D drive disappear after restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive disappear after restarting: So when I turn off my pc and turn it on againMy d drive window pops and disappears very quicklyAnd my D drive also disappears The data and everything is there but I have to assign it a drive letter everytime.How can I fix this ?...
  6. D drive disappear after restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D drive disappear after restarting: So when I turn off my pc and turn it on againMy d drive window pops and disappears very quicklyAnd my D drive also disappears The data and everything is there but I have to assign it a drive letter everytime.How can I fix this ?...
  7. D drive disappear after restarting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. My D Drive disappeared after an Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My D Drive disappeared after an Update: Hello, Please suggest me solution regarding the issue I am facing with my Laptop. all of a sudden my D Drive got disappearedplease help with proper solution. my laptop got the new update and after update I am facing this issue....
  9. D Drive disappear after window update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    D Drive disappear after window update.: After the update, D drive disappear and I can no longer access to it. I have tried several trouble-shooting methods mentioned in this forum but none of it can apply to it. For example, rescanning it in disk management and reallocation. [ATTACH]...
  10. D Drive Disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D Drive Disappeared: My D Drive just disappeared. Using Windows 10. anyone have any suggestions on how to find my disk? I am a college student and need my drive quickly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-disappeared/f98db626-d6ed-46bd-ae72-fca28cc344d8