Windows 10: D:drive disappeared

Discus and support D:drive disappeared in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After a December update, D: drive just disappeared on all my laptops. I need it restored. Is there a patch for this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MurielJeffs, Apr 12, 2021.

1. D:drive disappeared

After a December update, D: drive just disappeared on all my laptops. I need it restored. Is there a patch for this?

:)

MurielJeffs, Apr 12, 2021
  2. KR1021 Win User

D Drive Disappeared

My D Drive just disappeared. Using Windows 10. anyone have any suggestions on how to find my disk?

I am a college student and need my drive quickly

KR1021, Apr 12, 2021
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Manosman Win User

D:drive disappeared

D: Drive Suddenly Disappeared

I have seen this command before, though I've never used it much, other than to list the disks. I indeed only have 1 2TB drive. However, it's gone again. And even though I tried to list the disks, only C: appeared.

I'll try to open the box tomorrow and see if I can make it appear again.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I did a diskpart and then I was able to use the drive again, format it and it's now the same way I bought it (software-wise at least). I also made sure all drivers were up to date (just in case).

However, when it comes to Western Digital's disk test, it still fails for the same reasons. The disk is currently empty, so it's indeed a hardware problem. The cables are all good, so it's the drive itself I guess.

Any other suggestions maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

So, I did got no different results from the test, but I saw this. It seems this is the only fail it gives in this results window.

D:drive disappeared [​IMG]

Manosman, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

D:drive disappeared

1. D:drive disappeared - Similar Threads - drive disappeared

2. Drives Disappear After Restart or Reboot [Solution]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drives Disappear After Restart or Reboot [Solution]: - If one of your drives, other than the drive where Windows is installed, does not appear when you switch on or restart the computer;1- Switch off the computer completely, disconnect the power and wait for 10 seconds.2- Restart the computer again and check if your drives...
  3. Drives Disappear After Restart or Reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drives Disappear After Restart or Reboot: - If one of your drives, other than the drive where Windows is installed, does not appear when you switch on or restart the computer;1- Switch off the computer completely, disconnect the power and wait for 10 seconds.2- Restart the computer again and check if your drivers...
  4. Drives Disappear After Restart or Reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drives Disappear After Restart or Reboot: - If one of your drives, other than the drive where Windows is installed, does not appear when you switch on or restart the computer;1- Switch off the computer completely, disconnect the power and wait for 10 seconds.2- Restart the computer again and check if your drivers...
  5. Drives Disappear After Restart or Reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Drive disappeared after cleaned from diskpart and not showing in neither diskpart->list...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive disappeared after cleaned from diskpart and not showing in neither diskpart->list...: Hello Asad hereOne random day my laptop which is an Asus Tuf dash f15 got bitlocker locked. My brother got me this laptop for university so I wasn't able to find the bitlocker recovery key. Its been 2 days since Ive been trying to resolve this issue. So I first started with...
  7. Drive disappeared after cleaned from diskpart and not showing in neither diskpart->list...

Drive disappeared after cleaned from diskpart and not showing in neither diskpart->list...: Hello Asad hereOne random day my laptop which is an Asus Tuf dash f15 got bitlocker locked. My brother got me this laptop for university so I wasn't able to find the bitlocker recovery key. Its been 2 days since Ive been trying to resolve this issue. So I first started with...
  8. Drive disappeared after cleaned from diskpart and not showing in neither diskpart->list...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. My D drive has disappeared how do I recover it? My C and E drives work fine.

My D drive has disappeared how do I recover it? My C and E drives work fine.: My D drive has disappeared how do I recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-d-drive-has-disappeared-how-do-i-recover-it-my/f6663273-a04e-49e0-9678-6ff0929e8da2
  10. My D drive has disappeared how do I recover it? My C and E drives work fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D drive has disappeared how do I recover it? My C and E drives work fine.: My D drive has disappeared how do I recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-d-drive-has-disappeared-how-do-i-recover-it-my/f6663273-a04e-49e0-9678-6ff0929e8da2