Windows 10: D drive disappeared

Discus and support D drive disappeared in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I recently had my second ssd disappear on my laptop. Its a new laptop, installed the second drive a few weeks ago and all was running fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DavidMcC1, Jan 15, 2022.

1. DavidMcC1 Win User

D drive disappeared

Hello. I recently had my second ssd disappear on my laptop. Its a new laptop, installed the second drive a few weeks ago and all was running fine. Thankfully I have all data stored elsewhere. When I go into disk management, it only shows up as 2gb unallocated, though it is a 1 tb drive... Even in bios it shows as a 2gb drive. Anyone have any idea? Thanks

:)

DavidMcC1, Jan 15, 2022
  2. KR1021 Win User

D Drive Disappeared

My D Drive just disappeared. Using Windows 10. anyone have any suggestions on how to find my disk?

I am a college student and need my drive quickly

KR1021, Jan 15, 2022
  3. Bree Win User
    D: drive disappeared

Welcome to Ten Forums vm303

Your Disk 1 reappeared later without you doing anything, so it looks like a loose cable was the most likely cause.

The windows update was almost certainly just a coincidence. When you looked in Disk Management you probably didn't see your Disk 1, so you incorrectly assumed that the partition with no drive letter was the missing 'D:'. In actual fact it was most likely to have been your hidden Recovery partition. The size of 809MB and only getting 'Help' with a right-click would be consistent with that.

That confirms that you are looking at a Recovery partition.

Now that D: has reappeared (with a different letter now) we know that it was in fact a completely separate disk, not a partition on your Disk 0 as you thought. Now you have your Disk 1 back again, I suggest you check all the cables and connections for that drive. We don't want it to disappear again.

That also means that your steps 4-6 were unnecessary and need to be undone. The correct ID for a Recovery partition on an MBR disk such as yours is 27. Here are screenshots of a similar MBR system disk to show how it should look after you have set everything back the way it was.

D drive disappeared [​IMG]

4. Dylan07 Win User

D drive disappeared

D Drive Disappeared

I've followed the videos as suggested and removed and re-seated the HDD as well as the drives from device manager. Sadly the drive still doesn't appear but is still in the bios. Please see the screenshot below to what is in 'Device Manager'

Dylan07, Jan 15, 2022
Thema:

D drive disappeared

1. D drive disappeared - Similar Threads - drive disappeared

2. Drives Disappear After Restart or Reboot [Solution]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drives Disappear After Restart or Reboot [Solution]: - If one of your drives, other than the drive where Windows is installed, does not appear when you switch on or restart the computer;1- Switch off the computer completely, disconnect the power and wait for 10 seconds.2- Restart the computer again and check if your drives...
  3. Drives Disappear After Restart or Reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drives Disappear After Restart or Reboot: - If one of your drives, other than the drive where Windows is installed, does not appear when you switch on or restart the computer;1- Switch off the computer completely, disconnect the power and wait for 10 seconds.2- Restart the computer again and check if your drivers...
  4. Drives Disappear After Restart or Reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drives Disappear After Restart or Reboot: - If one of your drives, other than the drive where Windows is installed, does not appear when you switch on or restart the computer;1- Switch off the computer completely, disconnect the power and wait for 10 seconds.2- Restart the computer again and check if your drivers...
  5. Drives Disappear After Restart or Reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Drive disappeared after cleaned from diskpart and not showing in neither diskpart->list...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive disappeared after cleaned from diskpart and not showing in neither diskpart->list...: Hello Asad hereOne random day my laptop which is an Asus Tuf dash f15 got bitlocker locked. My brother got me this laptop for university so I wasn't able to find the bitlocker recovery key. Its been 2 days since Ive been trying to resolve this issue. So I first started with...
  7. Drive disappeared after cleaned from diskpart and not showing in neither diskpart->list...

Drive disappeared after cleaned from diskpart and not showing in neither diskpart->list...: Hello Asad hereOne random day my laptop which is an Asus Tuf dash f15 got bitlocker locked. My brother got me this laptop for university so I wasn't able to find the bitlocker recovery key. Its been 2 days since Ive been trying to resolve this issue. So I first started with...
  8. Drive disappeared after cleaned from diskpart and not showing in neither diskpart->list...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. My D drive has disappeared how do I recover it? My C and E drives work fine.

My D drive has disappeared how do I recover it? My C and E drives work fine.: My D drive has disappeared how do I recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-d-drive-has-disappeared-how-do-i-recover-it-my/f6663273-a04e-49e0-9678-6ff0929e8da2
  10. My D drive has disappeared how do I recover it? My C and E drives work fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D drive has disappeared how do I recover it? My C and E drives work fine.: My D drive has disappeared how do I recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-d-drive-has-disappeared-how-do-i-recover-it-my/f6663273-a04e-49e0-9678-6ff0929e8da2