Windows 10: D drive disappears then reappears after restart

Discus and support D drive disappears then reappears after restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My D drive keeps on disappearing after boot then reappearing after restart. I've already contacted microsoft support multiple times and all of their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shiinobi, May 19, 2021.

1. Shiinobi Win User

D drive disappears then reappears after restart

My D drive keeps on disappearing after boot then reappearing after restart. I've already contacted microsoft support multiple times and all of their solutions only worked for a few days at best. Is there any way to prevent D drive from disappearing again?

:)

Shiinobi, May 19, 2021
  2. KR1021 Win User

D Drive Disappeared

My D Drive just disappeared. Using Windows 10. anyone have any suggestions on how to find my disk?

I am a college student and need my drive quickly

KR1021, May 19, 2021
  3. ShannonD6 Win User
    D Drive missing

My D drive keeps randomly disappearing. I've gone into Disk Management, and it is not there at all. Nothing to recover or reassign. Sometimes I can restart my computer and it reappears, but this is inconsistent. Thoughts?

ShannonD6, May 19, 2021
  4. Manosman Win User

D: Drive Suddenly Disappeared

I have seen this command before, though I've never used it much, other than to list the disks. I indeed only have 1 2TB drive. However, it's gone again. And even though I tried to list the disks, only C: appeared.

I'll try to open the box tomorrow and see if I can make it appear again.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I did a diskpart and then I was able to use the drive again, format it and it's now the same way I bought it (software-wise at least). I also made sure all drivers were up to date (just in case).

However, when it comes to Western Digital's disk test, it still fails for the same reasons. The disk is currently empty, so it's indeed a hardware problem. The cables are all good, so it's the drive itself I guess.

Any other suggestions maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

So, I did got no different results from the test, but I saw this. It seems this is the only fail it gives in this results window.

D drive disappears then reappears after restart [​IMG]

Manosman, May 19, 2021
Thema:

1. D drive disappears then reappears after restart - Similar Threads - drive disappears reappears

2. Most of the apps on my d drive disappeared after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most of the apps on my d drive disappeared after restart: Most of the apps on my d drive disappeared after i restarted my computer, only the ones from steam didn't. Most of them were from xbox game pass but some were from epic. Is there anyway to fix this is some sort of capacity. I even booted up a backup of the drive and it didn't...
  3. Most of the apps on my d drive disappeared after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most of the apps on my d drive disappeared after restart: Most of the apps on my d drive disappeared after i restarted my computer, only the ones from steam didn't. Most of them were from xbox game pass but some were from epic. Is there anyway to fix this is some sort of capacity. I even booted up a backup of the drive and it didn't...
  4. D drive disappear after restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive disappear after restarting: So when I turn off my pc and turn it on againMy d drive window pops and disappears very quicklyAnd my D drive also disappears The data and everything is there but I have to assign it a drive letter everytime.How can I fix this ?...
  5. D drive disappear after restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D drive disappear after restarting: So when I turn off my pc and turn it on againMy d drive window pops and disappears very quicklyAnd my D drive also disappears The data and everything is there but I have to assign it a drive letter everytime.How can I fix this ?...
  6. D drive disappear after restarting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. D drive keeps disconnecting and reappears after restart

D drive keeps disconnecting and reappears after restart: I have SSD of 111g and a hard disk of 930gb, it was all fine until 1.5 weeks ago my drive d started disappearing and it keeps disappearing the only way to have it back is for me to restart the laptop and, I have removed the bad sectors I have formatted it and have changed the...
  8. SSD drives D: and E: disappearing after a Restart.

SSD drives D: and E: disappearing after a Restart.: I have two 2T SSD drives that disappear only after a restart. I need to use the shut down option to make them reappear. I have checked the bios after the restart and the drives are not showing up in the bios. Once I do a shutdown and power the computer back up, both drives...
  9. drive randomly reappears and disappears

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    drive randomly reappears and disappears: I only have a 256 gb ssd and a random E drive randomly appeared with a lot of storage. So I downloaded games onto the drive and then it disappeared. But it recently disappeared with all the files still there and was even able to open an application, but it soon crashed and...
  10. Hard drive disappear and reappear after the restart

Hard drive disappear and reappear after the restart: Hello, I have a problem with my HDD hard drive inside PC. I bought it 8 months ago and everything worked fine but since 3 weeks i have a problem while playing games or using PC it crashes and when i go to "This PC" local disc HDD is missing and the only way to make it appear...