Windows 10: D: drive disappears when I attempt to use an SSD on the USB-C port

Discus and support D: drive disappears when I attempt to use an SSD on the USB-C port in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Each time I add a Kingston 1 TB drive to my USB-C port, a fault occurs and my D: drive not SSD but also 1 TB cannot be seen.The only way to reinstate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DerrickMcDiarmid, Feb 5, 2023.

1. D: drive disappears when I attempt to use an SSD on the USB-C port

Each time I add a Kingston 1 TB drive to my USB-C port, a fault occurs and my D: drive not SSD but also 1 TB cannot be seen.The only way to reinstate the D: drive is to select "restart". Shutdown on its own does not reinstate the drive. Once reinstated the drive shows no problems and is fully accessible.This on Wndows 11, regularly updated.The external SSD drive works fine on another computer.

:)

DerrickMcDiarmid, Feb 5, 2023
  2. Z25
    Z25 Win User

Swap C & D Drive back to SSD & HHD

I had some issues with updating Windows: Redirecting

I followed the steps but I noticed that Windows 11 was working really slowly. I looked on Task Manger and it looks like my drives have swapped? Originally my C drive was the SSD and D drive was HDD but now they have swapped so C Drive is HDD and D is SSD.

How can you swap your drives?

3. anvarali Win User
    Connecting a USB-c SSD to a USB-c Hub

Hi, I'm Anvar, I'd be glad to help you today on this

since it works when connected to direct USB-C port, it is a problem related to the HUB, the hub seems not providing enough power required for the SSD and Enclosure,

suggested to try with a powered hub if you are using an unpowered USB Hub

Hope this helps.

anvarali, Feb 5, 2023
  4. Bross76 Win User

D: drive disappears when I attempt to use an SSD on the USB-C port

All data from Drive D:/ disappeared or is not recognized

Hello everyone

I am using a ASUS ROG laptop with two drives: a SSD "C:/" called "OS" and a HDD "D:/" called DATA.

After uninstalling 4 or 5 games from my laptop (properly, using the Applications list to uninstall), all my games, music, pictures, etc stored on drive D (DATA) suddenly looked to have disappeared. Steam is still working but all games show as uninstalled, Origin isn't even working at all anymore, all my music, videos etc can't be found and played anymore.

When trying to play a mp3 from "recent files", it says that drive D is not available and the file can't be found.

Drive D is still visible and can be opened but it appears almost empty, which shouldn't be the case. I think all my data is still there but can't be seen. I can still see all my Origin and Steam games in the Apllications list. It's like the data is not available or recognized anymore. The laptop runs fine (fast, no weird noises, no system error).

Any suggestion? Thanks a lot!

Bross76, Feb 5, 2023
Thema:

D: drive disappears when I attempt to use an SSD on the USB-C port

1. D: drive disappears when I attempt to use an SSD on the USB-C port - Similar Threads - drive disappears attempt

2. USB C port won't recognize SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB C port won't recognize SSD: I have a Samsung T5 SSD that I would like to connect to the usb c/thunderbolt port on my Dell XPS 9570. If I have it connected prior to booting up the computer, I am able to use the ssd normally. However, when I eject it, unplug it, and plug it back in, it never appears in...
  3. USB C port won't recognize SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB C port won't recognize SSD: I have a Samsung T5 SSD that I would like to connect to the usb c/thunderbolt port on my Dell XPS 9570. If I have it connected prior to booting up the computer, I am able to use the ssd normally. However, when I eject it, unplug it, and plug it back in, it never appears in...
  4. D: drive disappears when I attempt to use an SSD on the USB-C port

D: drive disappears when I attempt to use an SSD on the USB-C port: Each time I add a Kingston 1 TB drive to my USB-C port, a fault occurs and my D: drive not SSD but also 1 TB cannot be seen.The only way to reinstate the D: drive is to select "restart". Shutdown on its own does not reinstate the drive. Once reinstated the drive shows no...
  5. My one ssd is showing C drive and D drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My one ssd is showing C drive and D drive?: its so annoying if i want to maybe download a game which is 35gb and if disk C has 20gb and D has 20 so that I have to delete something else to download it....
  6. My one ssd is showing C drive and D drive?

My one ssd is showing C drive and D drive?: its so annoying if i want to maybe download a game which is 35gb and if disk C has 20gb and D has 20 so that I have to delete something else to download it....
  7. SSD drives D: and E: disappearing after a Restart.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD drives D: and E: disappearing after a Restart.: I have two 2T SSD drives that disappear only after a restart. I need to use the shut down option to make them reappear. I have checked the bios after the restart and the drives are not showing up in the bios. Once I do a shutdown and power the computer back up, both drives...
  8. USB C port

USB C port: hello i bought a usb c hub when i plug it in it says that the last usb device was not recognized . in the device manger it says port reset error and there is a yellow warning triangle. what can i do to get this hub to be recognized.[ATTACH] thank you...
  9. USB C Port

USB C Port: I have a USB C port on the back of my desktop and I need to be able to transfer data through it, but it only seems to charge. Is this a windows 10 error or will I just have to buy an adapter to plug my cable into the front?...
  10. disappearing USB ports

disappearing USB ports: After updating my win 7 system to win10, the USB ports for my storage devices intermittently disappear. When they are there, all my USB storage devices work fine. The USB ports for printer, mouse, keyboard do not have this problem....