Windows 10: D drive for cd/dvd not working

Discus and support D drive for cd/dvd not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10. Says all updates are good but read it could be an update causing optic not to read a cd/dvd. It said I need the Anniversary update but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DebbieMitchell3, Jul 25, 2019.

1. D drive for cd/dvd not working

Windows 10. Says all updates are good but read it could be an update causing optic not to read a cd/dvd. It said I need the Anniversary update but it says I have all my updates

:)

DebbieMitchell3, Jul 25, 2019
  2. Joosujin Win User

CD/DVD drive is not correctly displayed

All the resolutions listed under Method 1 apply to the cases when CD/DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs. Fortunately, my drive is recognized by Windows and other programs. I tried all the step-by-step resolutions listed, but did not
    work. For some reason, my CD/DVD drive icon is not the right icon for the drive, and is for compact flash. Any idea?

I also reset my BIOS settings back to factory reset, but it did not help.

Joosujin, Jul 25, 2019
  3. pras847 Win User
    DVD/CD drive not working correctly in Windows 10

D drives comes with ? , cd not working. Many times wan't show dvd drive on list. Is window 10 worth using ? or is time wasting on window 10 ?

pras847, Jul 25, 2019
  4. D drive for cd/dvd not working

windows 10 and CD/DVD drive not working

I have tried all the updates that were suggested and have received no error messages. The CD is there on the E drive, the contents show up, but I can't access it. I started by running defrag and system cleanup etc. as that was recommended on some discussion.
    Then I copied and printed pages of suggestions after checking for updates. I tried the suggestions and am still w/o access to the CD/DVD drive. HELP

needhelpRG, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

D drive for cd/dvd not working

1. D drive for cd/dvd not working - Similar Threads - drive dvd working

2. CD/DVD drive does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD/DVD drive does not work.: Split from this thread.I have the same problem but the fixes don't help. On the Resolution one there is no configure a devise that shows.Devise manager IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers it has mobile 5th generation Intel R Core tm SATA controller {AHCI model} 9C83It tells me to right...
  3. CD/DVD drive does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD/DVD drive does not work.: Split from this thread.I have the same problem but the fixes don't help. On the Resolution one there is no configure a devise that shows.Devise manager IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers it has mobile 5th generation Intel R Core tm SATA controller {AHCI model} 9C83It tells me to right...
  4. CD not working in D Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD not working in D Drive: My Audio book cds will not work in D drive. My pc eventually ejects the disc and then tells me to insert a cd. Other cds and dvds work fine in the drive. I am at a loss what to do. It is just these audiobooks. I have tried downloading itunes from microsoft but download error...
  5. CD not working in D Drive

CD not working in D Drive: My Audio book cds will not work in D drive. My pc eventually ejects the disc and then tells me to insert a cd. Other cds and dvds work fine in the drive. I am at a loss what to do. It is just these audiobooks. I have tried downloading itunes from microsoft but download error...
  6. CD/DVD drive no longer works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CD/DVD drive no longer works: I upgraded my Acer Aspire 7551-7422 to Windows 10 and the CD/DVD Super Multi DL Driver no longer works and Acer will not support windows 10. So, is there a CD/DVD driver available to download compatible with my Laptop?...
  7. CD / DVD drive is not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD / DVD drive is not working properly: My CD-ROM/ DVD hardware drive is opening automatically when PC is power on. Please help me to stop it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-dvd-drive-is-not-working-properly/f8ff3be7-0e8e-4926-8fd7-fac065e0764b
  8. DVD/CD-ROM drives not working

DVD/CD-ROM drives not working: Will not play CD. I've tried Update driver, Uninstall driver, Disable driver, scan for a hardware change, restarted computer. Checked for Updates. DVD/CD-ROM drives show an error. does this relate to any past Windows updates?...
  9. CD/DVD Drive not working properly

CD/DVD Drive not working properly: So, I got a new empty CD and I wanted to record something on it. When I insert the CD in my CD/DVD drive it starts to make some noise. I can hear it start and then, after a few seconds, it just stops. It doesn't autoplay the CD like it usually does. When I check to see if the...
  10. External CD/DVD drive is not working.

External CD/DVD drive is not working.: Hi, my external drive isn't working. I am trying to import a CD onto my laptop so that I can add it to my iPod via iTunes. I have read the answer to a very similar question where they went onto device manager, so I did. It said "Windows cannot load the device driver for this...