Windows 10: D Drive Full with one corrupt file, cannot use

Discus and support D Drive Full with one corrupt file, cannot use in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I clicked on an email today that loaded a java script file on m D:\ drive which I cannot remove using "File Explorer" method or any other method. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jim Wellman, Feb 7, 2023.

1. D Drive Full with one corrupt file, cannot use

I clicked on an email today that loaded a java script file on m D:\ drive which I cannot remove using "File Explorer" method or any other method. When I select delete the message "File is open" on system comes Up and I cannot remove the virus. My D:\ drive is completely full with this file Please help Me

:)

Jim Wellman, Feb 7, 2023

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Feb 7, 2023
  3. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Feb 7, 2023
  4. D Drive Full with one corrupt file, cannot use

Corrupted and broken D: Drive

My D: drive has been wiped and corrupted for what seems no reason. Its not listed on disk management and its symbol is a question mark. I dont need my data back, i just want to use it again

RileyFurmedge, Feb 7, 2023
Thema:

D Drive Full with one corrupt file, cannot use

1. D Drive Full with one corrupt file, cannot use - Similar Threads - Drive Full corrupt

2. D Drive Full with one corrupt file, cannot use

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D Drive Full with one corrupt file, cannot use: I clicked on an email today that loaded a java script file on m D:\ drive which I cannot remove using "File Explorer" method or any other method. When I select delete the message "File is open" on system comes Up and I cannot remove the virus. My D:\ drive is completely full...
  3. D Drive Full with one corrupt file, cannot use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D Drive Full with one corrupt file, cannot use: I clicked on an email today that loaded a java script file on m D:\ drive which I cannot remove using "File Explorer" method or any other method. When I select delete the message "File is open" on system comes Up and I cannot remove the virus. My D:\ drive is completely full...
  4. One Drive Corrupting files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Corrupting files: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/onedrive-file-corruption-issues/db4c6e9d-681c-481e-9d1f-bcb4267de968Of course, this is a pretty inadequate answer. Several problems in conjunction with one drive from file deletion to corrupting in running processes while...
  5. One Drive Corrupting files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive Corrupting files: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/onedrive-file-corruption-issues/db4c6e9d-681c-481e-9d1f-bcb4267de968Of course, this is a pretty inadequate answer. Several problems in conjunction with one drive from file deletion to corrupting in running processes while...
  6. One Drive Corrupting files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Is D:\ drive corrupted?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is D:\ drive corrupted?: Last night when I booted up my computer a pop up started on my computer saying my D drive’s recycle bin was corrupted I couldn’t access it either . I did a cmd which was recommended and afterwards I could access but it used 100% data usage to the point of causing a restart...
  8. D: drive full

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D: drive full: I keep getting message RECOVERY D: full. What do I have to do to clear uninstall unwanted files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-full/f3594a9e-5b13-4a6e-8813-0b1318adadfd
  9. Full D drive

Full D drive: My D disk is almost full and I am unable to empty it. It says there are no folders to show me and the contents are "Other". However, my C drive has almost nothing in it. I am getting constant reminders that D disk is almost full....
  10. Drive D is full

Drive D is full: How do I create more space in Drive D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-d-is-full/80a57551-0dff-4b37-9112-3c468cf94f16"