Windows 10: D drive installations instead of C drive

Discus and support D drive installations instead of C drive in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; During installations of any of my apps I always try to install them on my D drive. (Not MS Store apps, I can't stand that drivel.) I notice that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Corona, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Corona Win User

D drive installations instead of C drive

During installations of any of my apps I always try to install them on my D drive. (Not MS Store apps, I can't stand that drivel.) I notice that certain apps absolutely refuse to offer any alternative installation location besides the C drive (system drive). No such dialogue comes up before installing. I hate that. I want to beat it with a stick.

I want my C drive (256GB Toshiba NVMe) to be pure as the wind-driven snow. I'm not picky, I'm just fussy. I don't mind so much when apps install mostly on the D drive but leave a bit of whatever on the C drive, like Common Files & such. But Some apps just dump the whole kit and kaboodle on the C drive.

Is there a way to install those particular apps directly to my D drive without getting extremely Registry/rocket science intense?

:)

Corona, Jan 1, 2019
  2. niko084 Win User

Windows drive labeled ad D: instead of C:

That doesn't work very well, some software/drivers will NOT install to any drive but the C drive because the person who compiled them was an idiot *Smile D drive installations instead of C drive :)

niko084, Jan 1, 2019
  3. DJMundo Win User
    Can I update my phone on my D drive instead of my C drive?

Can I update my phone on my D drive instead of my C drive? I have no room on C, more than enough on D.

DJMundo, Jan 1, 2019
  4. D drive installations instead of C drive

No C: but D: drive has all the data

Hi Austin,

To help you with your concern regarding the data on the drive C:, you're seeing the drive "C:" as the drive "D:" because you're booting your computer outside Windows. When booting your computer outside Windows, the system is reading the recovery partition
    as drive C: and the data in the drive C: \ are listed on the drive D: \. Try to boot your computer and try to check again the data in the drive C: \ and see if the data are listed.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

D drive installations instead of C drive

1. D drive installations instead of C drive - Similar Threads - drive installations instead

2. C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive to D drive: So for some reason with this new PC, all of my applications and files were downloaded to my C drive automatically, when I wanted them in the D drive. So i took all of the files in the C drive and copy-pasted them to the D drive, then uninstalled everything from my C drive...
  3. is it possible to download office 365 on my d drive instead of c drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is it possible to download office 365 on my d drive instead of c drive?: . submitted by /u/Ilovearfa123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iqvdeb/is_it_possible_to_download_office_365_on_my_d/
  4. C: and D: drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C: and D: drives: Laptop came with Windows 8 and 1 TB hard drive which I have 700GB free. Updated to Windows 10 and C: drive is still free but 25GB D: is full https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-and-d-drives/036ccbb4-a114-453d-880a-ccece386f1e0
  5. App download keeps defaulting to D drive instead of C drive.

App download keeps defaulting to D drive instead of C drive.: I am attempting to download the most current Nox Player app to my Windows 10 PC but it keeps attempting the download to my D drive instead of my C drive. I do not have the room on my D drive for the download. I am unable to get it to download to my C drive. My computer...
  6. C Drive vs. D Drive

C Drive vs. D Drive: Hello--looking for some assistance with designating storage to the D drive on my computer. I have the settings arranged so that all new download content is supposed to go to the D drive--music, etc.--but it is still going to the C drive anyway. Thanks for any help!...
  7. C drive crashed, programs installed on D

C drive crashed, programs installed on D: I had a crash I couldn't recover from, so I had to reinstall Windows onto my C drive. My C drive was a 250 Gig SSD, but I had issues with room, so I pretty much started installing programs to my D drive. I couldn't recover from the crash by any means other than doing a...
  8. Change "D" drive to "C" drive.

Change "D" drive to "C" drive.: How do I copy all files on my "C" drive onto my current "D" drive (including bootup files and Windows 10), then change my "D" drive to "C" drive and my my old "C" drive to "D" drive?...
  9. Laptop doesn't boot because OS is on D: drive instead of C: drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop doesn't boot because OS is on D: drive instead of C: drive: My laptop doesn't boot because OS is on E: drive instead of C: drive [img] When I try to boot it up (it somehow boots up as windows 8.1 instead of my OS windows 10), it gives a BSoD and shows the error code 0xc000021a. I created a bootable USB drive with windows 10...
  10. Search indexing is indexing my D: drive instead of C:

in Windows 10 Support
    Search indexing is indexing my D: drive instead of C:: dual boot system 10 on C:, 7 on D: Search indexing insists on indexing drive D: instead of C: No matter how many times I uncheck indexing locations on D: and choose proper locations on C:, when indexing starts to rebuild it reverts back to D: I though I had solved by...