Windows 10: D drive keeps disappearing.

Discus and support D drive keeps disappearing. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every time I download something on my D drive it simply disappears, although once I restart my computer its there again. This would not be as big of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hudd_y, Dec 12, 2020.

1. /u/Hudd_y Win User

D drive keeps disappearing.

Every time I download something on my D drive it simply disappears, although once I restart my computer its there again. This would not be as big of a problem if the thing I'm downloading did not have to restart. Does anybody know a solution to this issue?

submitted by /u/Hudd_y
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hudd_y, Dec 12, 2020
  2. itay_373 Win User

d drive keep disappearing..

Hi,

my d drive keep disappearing,

i tried chkdsk the drive, but the process suddenly stops and d drive disapper

i really don't know what to do..

itay_373, Dec 12, 2020
  3. KR1021 Win User
    D Drive Disappeared

My D Drive just disappeared. Using Windows 10. anyone have any suggestions on how to find my disk?

I am a college student and need my drive quickly

KR1021, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Manosman Win User

D: Drive Suddenly Disappeared

I have seen this command before, though I've never used it much, other than to list the disks. I indeed only have 1 2TB drive. However, it's gone again. And even though I tried to list the disks, only C: appeared.

I'll try to open the box tomorrow and see if I can make it appear again.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I did a diskpart and then I was able to use the drive again, format it and it's now the same way I bought it (software-wise at least). I also made sure all drivers were up to date (just in case).

However, when it comes to Western Digital's disk test, it still fails for the same reasons. The disk is currently empty, so it's indeed a hardware problem. The cables are all good, so it's the drive itself I guess.

Any other suggestions maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

So, I did got no different results from the test, but I saw this. It seems this is the only fail it gives in this results window.

D drive keeps disappearing. [​IMG]

Manosman, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

1. D drive keeps disappearing. - Similar Threads - drive keeps disappearing

2. D drive disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive disappeared: My Drive D on Alienware M15 laptop suddenly disappeared. It disappears every night and comes back itself the next day. But after 2 days it disappeared permanently and hasn't appeared back since the last 4 days. It all started when my drive C became full, and then the laptop...
  3. My D Drive keeps deleting or disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D Drive keeps deleting or disappearing: I have no idea how to explain this fully but I have researched many times every single time this happens, I know how to fix it but just not even a day ago it deleted my d drive to where I had to restore to a previous restore point which was about a week back, but not even 3...
  4. My D Drive keeps deleting or disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My D Drive keeps deleting or disappearing: I have no idea how to explain this fully but I have researched many times every single time this happens, I know how to fix it but just not even a day ago it deleted my d drive to where I had to restore to a previous restore point which was about a week back, but not even 3...
  5. My D Drive keeps deleting or disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. D drive disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive disappeared: Hello. I recently had my second ssd disappear on my laptop. Its a new laptop, installed the second drive a few weeks ago and all was running fine. Thankfully I have all data stored elsewhere. When I go into disk management, it only shows up as 2gb unallocated, though it is a...
  7. D drive disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D drive disappeared: Hello. I recently had my second ssd disappear on my laptop. Its a new laptop, installed the second drive a few weeks ago and all was running fine. Thankfully I have all data stored elsewhere. When I go into disk management, it only shows up as 2gb unallocated, though it is a...
  8. D: drive disappeared

D: drive disappeared: I have Windows 10 Here is what happened 1. D: drive disappeared for no obvious reason 2. Shortly after that, Windows got updated 3. In the disk management window I could see that partition but it had no letter assigned and I could not assign it by right-clicking (the only...
  9. D Drive Disappeared.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D Drive Disappeared.: I was using my computer as per usual, and just earlier today I had access to all of my games and software on my D: drive. When I came home, all of it was gone. I have currently tried to solve the issue by: - scanning for viruses (AVG and Windows Defender) - re-scanning...
  10. D Drive Disappeared

D Drive Disappeared: My D Drive just disappeared. Using Windows 10. anyone have any suggestions on how to find my disk? I am a college student and need my drive quickly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-disappeared/f98db626-d6ed-46bd-ae72-fca28cc344d8