Windows 10: D Drive keeps dissappearing

Discus and support D Drive keeps dissappearing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My D Drive keeps disappearing. When I turn my PC on and off again, it shows up and the disc management says it is "Healthy" but sometimes it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bahadır CAN, Apr 29, 2020.

1. D Drive keeps dissappearing

My D Drive keeps disappearing. When I turn my PC on and off again, it shows up and the disc management says it is "Healthy" but sometimes it disappears. I tried to rescan discs and I tried "sfc /scannow", both did not give any results. My disc did not come back and command prompt said "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.". At this moment I do not know what to do. My C drive is an SSD which contains my windows and my D drive is an HDD where I keep my games and programs. I am ready to give more detailed information if necessary. I appreciate any kind of help. Thanks in advance.

:)

Bahadır CAN, Apr 29, 2020

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Winuser Win User
    Duplicate D:\ drive

I don't have a solution just a suggestion. Make a backup of the files you want to keep to another drive in case they get deleted from your D: drive.

Winuser, Apr 29, 2020
  4. D Drive keeps dissappearing

Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

D Drive keeps dissappearing

1. D Drive keeps dissappearing - Similar Threads - Drive keeps dissappearing

2. windows keeps on flashing and keeps dissappearing and reappearing in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows keeps on flashing and keeps dissappearing and reappearing in the taskbar: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/150909451270881280/1147963739933511761/VID_20230903_140246.mp4this is the video that shows that problem...
  3. windows keeps on flashing and keeps dissappearing and reappearing in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows keeps on flashing and keeps dissappearing and reappearing in the taskbar: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/150909451270881280/1147963739933511761/VID_20230903_140246.mp4this is the video that shows that problem...
  4. My Drive D keep missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Drive D keep missing: Everytime I restart, it shows for a moment before it disappear. I check disk management, rescan for disk but no news. I follow the instructions but still no good. submitted by /u/For_the_Gayness [link] [comments]...
  5. Netflix App Keeps Dissappearing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Netflix App Keeps Dissappearing: I have downloaded and installed the Netflix app from the Microsoft Store and pinned it to my taskbar many times and yet whenever I turn off my laptop and come back to it later, it isn't in my taskbar and I can't find the app when I search in the spotlight search at the bottom...
  6. D drive keeps disappearing.

D drive keeps disappearing.: Every time I download something on my D drive it simply disappears, although once I restart my computer its there again. This would not be as big of a problem if the thing I'm downloading did not have to restart. Does anybody know a solution to this issue? submitted by...
  7. D drive keeps dissapearing for no reason

D drive keeps dissapearing for no reason: Yesterday my D drive has been glitching out and keeps dissapearing everynow and then. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX IT? oh and my laptop is an Inspirion 16 7000 gaming submitted by /u/Thejman5683 [link] [comments]...
  8. Drive dissappeared - all data lost?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive dissappeared - all data lost?: Hi all, I’d like to ask for your help. I was moving about 1.5 TB of data from an external drive to an internal drive (secondary, non-system hard drive), left the PC for a few hours and when I came back the moving process was paused at 0 kB/s speed and the internal...
  9. Hard Drive Space Completely Dissappeared

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard Drive Space Completely Dissappeared: i was busy working on a photoshop project for school, for a few hours, when thing started getting sluggish. I figured it was just photoshop and i'll take a break in a bit anyway, another hour or so went by and it was getting worse so i figured i should save and restart...
  10. Factory settings with keeping D drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory settings with keeping D drive?: Hi i need some help. I have one Windows 10 Pro 32bit version It is slow. So i need to do factory reset. But i need to keep files on drive D Which option should i use in recovery window - Windows which will pop up if you type in search reset and then click on button Get...