Windows 10: D drive memory localization failed

Discus and support D drive memory localization failed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My windows was crashing randomly from past 3 days. So I decided to reinstall windows. Now my drive is showing full. Though there's nothing inside it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EricaThomasF, Aug 10, 2020.

1. D drive memory localization failed

My windows was crashing randomly from past 3 days. So I decided to reinstall windows. Now my drive is showing full. Though there's nothing inside it.

Storage settings crashes every time I try to open it and it also stopped detecting my external monitor too.

:)

EricaThomasF, Aug 10, 2020

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Dry Ink Win User
    My Local Disk D drive is looked

Hi,

I recently did a recovery on my surface pro 3 because it was slow so I thought about it's time to reinstall windows. However, after the recovery was done, my local disk D got locked. My C drive shows an icon of an open silver lock, however my local disk
    D drive shows a golden lock that is locked. I don't know how that happened but I have a lot important stuff on my D drive and I don't know the 48-digits recovery key. Any suggestions?

Thank you

Dry Ink, Aug 10, 2020
  4. D drive memory localization failed

Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

D drive memory localization failed

1. D drive memory localization failed - Similar Threads - drive memory localization

2. Hard drive shows up as Local Disk D

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive shows up as Local Disk D: I cant access my external drive and it shows as local disk D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-shows-up-as-local-disk-d/ea2327aa-81a2-488d-9d37-f833daab3f4b
  3. local disk d

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    local disk d: hi, i need some help, please help.... the problem is my hp laptop's local disk d is corrupted.... when I try to open it, it says that i have to format the disk.. And when I click format a blue screen appear.. and the stop code : KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED.. please...
  4. My Local Disk D drive is looked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Local Disk D drive is looked: Hi, I recently did a recovery on my surface pro 3 because it was slow so I thought about it's time to reinstall windows. However, after the recovery was done, my local disk D got locked. My C drive shows an icon of an open silver lock, however my local disk D drive shows a...
  5. Transfer of memory from 'D' drive to 'C' drive

Transfer of memory from 'D' drive to 'C' drive: Can I transfer memory from Mt'D' drive to my 'C' drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-of-memory-from-d-drive-to-c-drive/f9ad4878-0e61-4b53-8db7-053eaafd61b9
  6. Local D backup drive is full? How to fix?

Local D backup drive is full? How to fix?: Hello, When my desktop was installed a local D drive was created for backups I believe. It has been full and I continue to get warnings. How can I allocate more space or change backup destination? Thanks, Greg...
  7. Local Disk D turned into a CD Drive

Local Disk D turned into a CD Drive: Basically what the title says. I don't know why or how this happened, but my local disk (d:) turned into a cd drive (d:). I can't access anything in it now. When I click it I get the message "please insert a disk into cd drive (d:)". I have too many important projects in that...
  8. Local D Drive is full

Local D Drive is full: I keep getting an message saying my local D drive is full. Now my computer is running poorly. It shows all my space is taken by "misc". There is nothing on my computer except photos. I feel like it has something to do with an update but I don't know how to fix it....
  9. can't access file directory in my local D drive

can't access file directory in my local D drive: I'm trying install a certain program in a file directory that's in my local d Drive that is separate from my c drive, but every time I try to run the set up it gives me an error saying, set up failed to create file directory error 5: Access denied. would really need help on...
  10. running out of disk space on local drive D

running out of disk space on local drive D: Will they be fixing the update that created all these "running out of disk space on local drive D" warning notices that pop up every couple of minutes?Really getting sick of it!...