Windows 10: D drive missing in System Restore

Discus and support D drive missing in System Restore in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; System restore does not show D: drive after restoring an image, it does show in File Explorer and Disk Management. Ran SFC /scannow and no error found.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rdwray, Aug 8, 2021.

1. rdwray Win User

D drive missing in System Restore

System restore does not show D: drive after restoring an image, it does show in File Explorer and Disk Management. Ran SFC /scannow and no error found. System restore did show C: missing and that was fixed by disabling system restore for that item. I have checked BIOS and there isn't any settings for the drive other than the start up position.

:)

rdwray, Aug 8, 2021
  2. Ron_52 Win User

Upgraded from windows 8.1 to 10 now D drive missing

Hello,

Upon upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 my D drive is no longer listed under my PC. I tried a search and cannot find it nor can I do a system restore as that requires the D Drive. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ron_52, Aug 8, 2021
  3. Missing D: drive

At first the D: drive only had ~35 Mb of 495Mb available space for a 3TB disk.

Did System restore and D: drive went missing. I want to save the data on the drive.

How can I get the drive back and save its data?

Battosai#me2, Aug 8, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

restore system image from command prompt, drive d: not seen by system restore

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To be able to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• Are you trying to restore the system image or create a system image?
    • Are you able to see the external drive in File Explorer?
    • Could you please briefly explain the procedure that you are following to initiate a system image restore?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the articles on
    How to: Create a system image in Windows 10
    and

How to restore a Windows 10 system image to an existing or larger storage device
    created by Andre Da Costa.

Please reply with the detailed information, to help you in a better way.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 8, 2021
Thema:

1. D drive missing in System Restore - Similar Threads - drive missing System

2. Missing D Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing D Drive: My D drive has gone missing after I re-installed Windows 10. So far, I have tried to:1 Rescan drives in Disk Management2 gone to gpedit.msc, user configuration, administration template, windows components, file explorer, hide these specified drives in my computer, disable,...
  3. D drive Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive Missing: The D drive on my laptop is not showing up on my laptop. It is no longer in the This pc area on my laptop. I've gone to disk management and the d drive doesn't show there . Its not allowing me to rescan all my disks . I have gone to command prompt and tried the chkdsk command...
  4. D drive missing in System Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    D drive missing in System Restore: System restore does not show D: drive after restoring an image, it does show in File Explorer and Disk Management. Ran SFC /scannow and no error found. System restore did show C: missing and that was fixed by disabling system restore for that item. I have checked BIOS and...
  5. D Drive Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D Drive Missing: Hello I was wondering if anyone had an answer to my problem. I left home early Thursday morning and everything was fine with my computer, but after I got home I turned it on and noticed my D drive was missing. How can I get my D drive back, and how can I prevent this...
  6. Missing D: drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing D: drive: So today, I woke up and found my D: drive was completely missing. All of the game launchers I had which had games on the D: drive said that those games were uninstalled. Any help would be appreciated....
  7. Missing D drive

Missing D drive: I was stuck in preparing automatic repair loop for 2 days and somehow managed to system restore to two days previously which seemed to solve the problem. However, I have now lost my D drive. In Disk management I have Disk 1 partition 1; 100MB; Windows C, 16.52 GB and WINRE...
  8. D drive missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    D drive missing: HI, After windows 10 update my D drive is missing. And it works fine if I change the drive letter. But the weird issue is the system shows C and D drives as the same drive.( A new D drive got created and is same as C drive). How do I delete this unnecessary D drive?...
  9. Missing D: drive after system crash

Missing D: drive after system crash: Hello, my computer was running, doing almost nothing when suddenly it crashed (system), nothing special blue screen- collecting data- reboot. When i logged in error message popped up. That it cannot load my desktop ( it was on my D: drive) after several try outs of internet...
  10. D: Drive is missing

D: Drive is missing: Hello! My laptop ran out of charge before yesterday so I charged it and opened it up, then I suddenly found that my D: Drive which contains all my games and important files is missing. It's been 2 days now and I have yet to find an actual working solution. Someone please...