Windows 10: D drive missing in System Restore

Discus and support D drive missing in System Restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; System restore does not show D: drive after restoring an image, it does show in File Explorer and Disk Management. Ran SFC /scannow and no error found.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by rdwray, Aug 10, 2021.

1. rdwray Win User

D drive missing in System Restore

System restore does not show D: drive after restoring an image, it does show in File Explorer and Disk Management. Ran SFC /scannow and no error found. System restore did show C: missing and that was fixed by disabling system restore for that item. I have checked BIOS and there isn't any settings for the drive other than the start up position.

:)

rdwray, Aug 10, 2021
  2. rdwray Win User

Notice that only C: shows and not D:. Normally, system restore shows all drives.

D drive missing in System Restore [​IMG]

rdwray, Aug 10, 2021
  3. rdwray Win User

System restore does not show D: drive after restoring an image, it does show in File Explorer and Disk Management. Ran SFC /scannow and no error found. System restore did show C: missing and that was fixed by disabling system restore for that item. I have checked BIOS and there isn't any settings for the drive other than the start up position.

rdwray, Aug 10, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Sorry, I don't understand this. What are you looking at? Please post a screenshot. Thanks.

Note that after restoring a disk image (which is what I assume you mean) - presumably of at least C: ? prior System Restore points will not exist.

What is it you seek to achieve? It appears you want System Restore disabled and have done so.

dalchina, Aug 10, 2021
Thema:

1. D drive missing in System Restore - Similar Threads - drive missing System

2. missing d: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing d: drive: my recently installed d: is not in file explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-d-drive/f25a365d-31af-45d7-8073-580b1581516f
  3. D drive missing in System Restore

in Windows 10 Support
    D drive missing in System Restore: System restore does not show D: drive after restoring an image, it does show in File Explorer and Disk Management. Ran SFC /scannow and no error found. System restore did show C: missing and that was fixed by disabling system restore for that item. I have checked BIOS and...
  4. D Drive Missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D Drive Missing: Hello I was wondering if anyone had an answer to my problem. I left home early Thursday morning and everything was fine with my computer, but after I got home I turned it on and noticed my D drive was missing. How can I get my D drive back, and how can I prevent this...
  5. missing d drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    missing d drive: [ATTACH] hello i was just minding my own business but yesterday my d drive disappeared randomly prob cause of an update? i was wondering if i can get any help of retrieving my d drive and my files T T new simple volume and other options has been greyed out in the disk 1...
  6. Missing D drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing D drive: I was stuck in preparing automatic repair loop for 2 days and somehow managed to system restore to two days previously which seemed to solve the problem. However, I have now lost my D drive. In Disk management I have Disk 1 partition 1; 100MB; Windows C, 16.52 GB and WINRE...
  7. Missing D: drive

Missing D: drive: Hello, I have tried to get assistance over the phone from both Microsoft support and Dell support, but each of these methods require payment that I just can't afford at this time. I am hopeful someone here may have some experience with this problem I am having and at least...
  8. D Drive missing

D Drive missing: My D drive keeps randomly disappearing. I've gone into Disk Management, and it is not there at all. Nothing to recover or reassign. Sometimes I can restart my computer and it reappears, but this is inconsistent. Thoughts?...
  9. Missing D: drive after system crash

Missing D: drive after system crash: Hello, my computer was running, doing almost nothing when suddenly it crashed (system), nothing special blue screen- collecting data- reboot. When i logged in error message popped up. That it cannot load my desktop ( it was on my D: drive) after several try outs of internet...
  10. D: Drive is missing

D: Drive is missing: Hello! My laptop ran out of charge before yesterday so I charged it and opened it up, then I suddenly found that my D: Drive which contains all my games and important files is missing. It's been 2 days now and I have yet to find an actual working solution. Someone please...