Windows 10: D drive missing in System Restore

Discus and support D drive missing in System Restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; System restore does not show D: drive after restoring an image, it does show in File Explorer and Disk Management. Ran SFC /scannow and no error found.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by rdwray, Aug 10, 2021.

1. rdwray Win User

D drive missing in System Restore

System restore does not show D: drive after restoring an image, it does show in File Explorer and Disk Management. Ran SFC /scannow and no error found. System restore did show C: missing and that was fixed by disabling system restore for that item. I have checked BIOS and there isn't any settings for the drive other than the start up position.

:)

rdwray, Aug 10, 2021
  2. rdwray Win User

Notice that only C: shows and not D:. Normally, system restore shows all drives.

D drive missing in System Restore [​IMG]

rdwray, Aug 10, 2021
  3. rdwray Win User

System restore does not show D: drive after restoring an image, it does show in File Explorer and Disk Management. Ran SFC /scannow and no error found. System restore did show C: missing and that was fixed by disabling system restore for that item. I have checked BIOS and there isn't any settings for the drive other than the start up position.

rdwray, Aug 10, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Sorry, I don't understand this. What are you looking at? Please post a screenshot. Thanks.

Note that after restoring a disk image (which is what I assume you mean) - presumably of at least C: ? prior System Restore points will not exist.

What is it you seek to achieve? It appears you want System Restore disabled and have done so.

dalchina, Aug 10, 2021
Thema:

1. D drive missing in System Restore - Similar Threads - drive missing System

2. Missing D Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing D Drive: My D drive has gone missing after I re-installed Windows 10. So far, I have tried to:1 Rescan drives in Disk Management2 gone to gpedit.msc, user configuration, administration template, windows components, file explorer, hide these specified drives in my computer, disable,...
  3. D drive Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive Missing: The D drive on my laptop is not showing up on my laptop. It is no longer in the This pc area on my laptop. I've gone to disk management and the d drive doesn't show there . Its not allowing me to rescan all my disks . I have gone to command prompt and tried the chkdsk command...
  4. D drive missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D drive missing.: Hello, after a windows 11 update, my D drive is missing. Not only from the file manager but also from the device manager but also in the disk management in computer management. I have restored my computer to before it happened but it said that the restore did not work....
  5. D drive missing in System Restore

in Windows 10 Support
    D drive missing in System Restore: System restore does not show D: drive after restoring an image, it does show in File Explorer and Disk Management. Ran SFC /scannow and no error found. System restore did show C: missing and that was fixed by disabling system restore for that item. I have checked BIOS and...
  6. Drive D:/ missing !!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive D:/ missing !!!: My data drive D with all my files are missing. Please help me it cannot be found in the disk manager. It is an internal drive that came with the computer... with 1TB HDD storage [ATTACH]...
  7. D: drive missing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D: drive missing.: after my computer had crashed, my data drive disappeared. i've done all the scans i can, and i've gone into disk management to try and rescan the disks, but nothing shows up. on top of that, the only option for initializing the "unknown" disk is disk 0, which just gives me an...
  8. Missing D: drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing D: drive: So today, I woke up and found my D: drive was completely missing. All of the game launchers I had which had games on the D: drive said that those games were uninstalled. Any help would be appreciated....
  9. D drive missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    D drive missing: HI, After windows 10 update my D drive is missing. And it works fine if I change the drive letter. But the weird issue is the system shows C and D drives as the same drive.( A new D drive got created and is same as C drive). How do I delete this unnecessary D drive?...
  10. Missing D: drive after system crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing D: drive after system crash: Hello, my computer was running, doing almost nothing when suddenly it crashed (system), nothing special blue screen- collecting data- reboot. When i logged in error message popped up. That it cannot load my desktop ( it was on my D: drive) after several try outs of internet...