Windows 10: D drive not showing any apps being used in storage usage even though 753gb of the D drive...

Discus and support D drive not showing any apps being used in storage usage even though 753gb of the D drive... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As the title states it's showing me that there is no apps installed on it in storage usage even though there clearly is. Is this stopping me from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by XanderBland, Oct 23, 2020.

1. D drive not showing any apps being used in storage usage even though 753gb of the D drive...

As the title states it's showing me that there is no apps installed on it in storage usage even though there clearly is. Is this stopping me from installing microsoft games to my d drive and also stopping me from changing where content is saved?

P.S I had to reinstall windows due to a boot error i had two days ago and now i got this issue

D drive not showing any apps being used in storage usage even though 753gb of the D drive... c46018dd-e48a-4599-a277-33d5331eafb6?upload=true.png

:)

XanderBland, Oct 23, 2020

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Oct 23, 2020
  3. D drive

We'd like to ask few questions so we can isolate your concern properly. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using an external drive as your D drive?
    • Can you show us a screenshot of your File explorer?
    • When you say "something will come up and be like "Drive Removed", is this the actual error message?

Raymond Ave, Oct 23, 2020
  4. D drive not showing any apps being used in storage usage even though 753gb of the D drive...

D drive went on vacation

Each volume, C:, D:, and so on are storages on physical drive (hard disk drive, SSD, USB flash...) Device manager operate with physical devices - drives.

The system operates with logical units - volumes - creates on Physical devices.

Please open Device manager and show the open list of disk drives.

Then show the picture of Disk management.

Igor Leyko, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

D drive not showing any apps being used in storage usage even though 753gb of the D drive...

1. D drive not showing any apps being used in storage usage even though 753gb of the D drive... - Similar Threads - drive showing apps

2. D drive Storage moved to C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive Storage moved to C drive: My G drive 195 GB is totally free. If I try to copy any files to the G drive it showing not enough space cause my c drive has only 25 Gb free. Anything I try to copy in Disk 0465 GB- D, E, G Volume takes spaces in the C drive. There is a video also.What can I do now?? Disk...
  3. D drive Storage moved to C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D drive Storage moved to C drive: My G drive 195 GB is totally free. If I try to copy any files to the G drive it showing not enough space cause my c drive has only 25 Gb free. Anything I try to copy in Disk 0465 GB- D, E, G Volume takes spaces in the C drive. There is a video also.What can I do now?? Disk...
  4. D drive Storage moved to C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. D: drive not showing up

D: drive not showing up: I have a dell G5 5590 laptop. I turned on my laptop to find the D: drive completely missing after using it normally the day before. I even went into disk management and it's not showing there either. Shown below is what comes up....
  6. D: drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D: drive not showing up: I have a dell G5 5590 laptop. I turned on my laptop to find the D: drive completely missing after using it normally the day before. I even went into disk management and it's not showing there either. Shown below is what comes up....
  7. "D" Drive seems out of storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "D" Drive seems out of storage: Hi Everyone,I am new one to this community. I am using Windows 10 Pro 21H2 windows version OS Build: 19044.1466My "D" drive storage allocation is 278 GB and I used 108GB pretty sure including projects, photos, videos...Recently I noticed only 15.3GB is available and drive...
  8. "D" Drive seems out of storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "D" Drive seems out of storage: Hi Everyone,I am new one to this community. I am using Windows 10 Pro 21H2 windows version OS Build: 19044.1466My "D" drive storage allocation is 278 GB and I used 108GB pretty sure including projects, photos, videos...Recently I noticed only 15.3GB is available and drive...
  9. "D" Drive seems out of storage

10. D:\ drive not being recognized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D:\ drive not being recognized: Suddenly, when I insert a DV-R or a CD-RW in the D:\ drive of my desktop, I get a message... "Windows cannot read the disk in Drive D:\. Any solutions.I can see the Drive when I open device manager. Tried uninstall, and then reinstall, Also tried to update said...