Windows 10: D drive not showing any apps being used in storage usage even though 753gb of the D drive...

Discus and support D drive not showing any apps being used in storage usage even though 753gb of the D drive... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As the title states it's showing me that there is no apps installed on it in storage usage even though there clearly is. Is this stopping me from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by XanderBland, Oct 23, 2020.

1. D drive not showing any apps being used in storage usage even though 753gb of the D drive...

As the title states it's showing me that there is no apps installed on it in storage usage even though there clearly is. Is this stopping me from installing microsoft games to my d drive and also stopping me from changing where content is saved?

P.S I had to reinstall windows due to a boot error i had two days ago and now i got this issue

D drive not showing any apps being used in storage usage even though 753gb of the D drive... c46018dd-e48a-4599-a277-33d5331eafb6?upload=true.png

:)

XanderBland, Oct 23, 2020

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Oct 23, 2020
  3. D drive

We'd like to ask few questions so we can isolate your concern properly. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using an external drive as your D drive?
    • Can you show us a screenshot of your File explorer?
    • When you say "something will come up and be like "Drive Removed", is this the actual error message?

Raymond Ave, Oct 23, 2020
  4. D drive not showing any apps being used in storage usage even though 753gb of the D drive...

D drive went on vacation

Each volume, C:, D:, and so on are storages on physical drive (hard disk drive, SSD, USB flash...) Device manager operate with physical devices - drives.

The system operates with logical units - volumes - creates on Physical devices.

Please open Device manager and show the open list of disk drives.

Then show the picture of Disk management.

Igor Leyko, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

D drive not showing any apps being used in storage usage even though 753gb of the D drive...

1. D drive not showing any apps being used in storage usage even though 753gb of the D drive... - Similar Threads - drive showing apps

2. D drive empty but not in use!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D drive empty but not in use!!: Could you please advise me how to make use of the D drive? I have over 915 Gg empty in the D drive. Yet all my files are being saved to the C drive which is almost full. I went to SETTINGS then STORAGE and changed the default drive to D. Unfortunately all the files and...
  3. drive d

drive d: i tried to move space from drive d to drive c . i followed instructions and went to disk manager , said to delete drive d by right clicking and delete than go to drive c right and rifge ckick abd click extend but extend was grayed out how do i get drive back...
  4. d drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    d drive: I stopped a disc from playing part way through. Ever since then when I put a disc in nothing happens, When I go to the Drive under control panel and it tells me to insert a disc , it releases the drawer and I put the disc in the only thing that happens is a green line runs...
  5. D: drive

D: drive: Could anybody tell me what error message D:/ application not found means https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive/3e12ff88-119b-4167-8c28-2815abe32f65
  6. D drive

D drive: My data drive has disappeared it has done this before but it has managed to come back on its own within a few hours it has been five days now and the drive is still missing. Is this a bad problem....
  7. Drive D

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Drive D: I don't have a D Drive, I think Im suppose to have one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/drive-d/7c9b1ef1-b701-4dc9-b8d9-46d3b6359bbd
  8. D: drive

D: drive: reported to be empty chk DISK SHOWS FILES i can not see https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive/b42aebc6-8e6c-47ee-8459-c1cc832dfc22
  9. D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D drive: When I put a CD into my D drive nothing happens. I should be able to read which files are in it or listen to music or play a game. I also cant find how to manage this drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive/9dfd13ef-38ae-4aa5-b7b5-bed4f3e00c0f
  10. D Drive

D Drive: D Drive missing with last Microsoft Windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive/45fad700-9b13-4618-9bec-f529c0d8f8ea