Windows 10: D drive, recovery

Discus and support D drive, recovery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I formatted my D drive by mistake. How do I get it back??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Crawling_Eye, Nov 15, 2018.

1. D drive, recovery

I formatted my D drive by mistake. How do I get it back??

:)

Crawling_Eye, Nov 15, 2018

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Nov 15, 2018
  3. D drive Recovery

I had windows 8.1 installed on my laptop. I then upgraded to windows 10 but found that something was not going right. I decided to go to settings and clicked on update&security. I then went on Recovery and clicked on "Reset this PC". I had 2 partition which
    was D drive Recovery and one was C drive. When I began resetting windows 10, I actually remembered that I had forgotten to backup everything from D drive Recovery. And Now after resetting windows 10 to a fresh start, my "D Drive Recovery partition" is actually
    empty which means I lost everything in D drive.

Can someone help how can i get all the files which was on D drive. is there any way to get all the files back?

Hazara Hussain, Nov 15, 2018
  4. D drive, recovery

Windows 10 Partition Change Drive letter of Healthy Recovery from D to F

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Do you have any files in D drive?
    • Is it a recovery drive which you are trying to change the letter?
    • Are you getting any error message when you try to change the drive letter?
    Please post us back with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

D drive, recovery

1. D drive, recovery - Similar Threads - drive recovery

2. My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition: My laptop went wonky and the D drive disappeared. Disk management shows it as a recovery partition and won't let me do anything with it right clicking only shows "help" and the actions menu only shows "refresh", "rescan", "create VHD", and "attach VHD". Virus scans are clear....
  3. My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition: My laptop went wonky and the D drive disappeared. Disk management shows it as a recovery partition and won't let me do anything with it right clicking only shows "help" and the actions menu only shows "refresh", "rescan", "create VHD", and "attach VHD". Virus scans are clear....
  4. Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.: Create a recovery drive does not recognize my USB flash drive. The flash drive appears in file explorer and is formatted and is 64GB. I have tried several drives and get the same problem....
  5. Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.

Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.: Create a recovery drive does not recognize my USB flash drive. The flash drive appears in file explorer and is formatted and is 64GB. I have tried several drives and get the same problem....
  6. Recover Data from a Hard Drive that was setup as recovery drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover Data from a Hard Drive that was setup as recovery drive: Hi i have recently installed windows 11 which went well then i created a recovery disk getting confused with a resort point so i selected the hard drive and thought no more of it until i went to access my files and all i could see was a small recovery partition the rest of...
  7. Recover Data from a Hard Drive that was setup as recovery drive

Recover Data from a Hard Drive that was setup as recovery drive: Hi i have recently installed windows 11 which went well then i created a recovery disk getting confused with a resort point so i selected the hard drive and thought no more of it until i went to access my files and all i could see was a small recovery partition the rest of...
  8. I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?: So, I looked at my drives and said "oh, this isn't trimmed!" and optimized it. Now my PC is a bit funky and I'm worried. Am I good? What can I do to fix this without messing up my PC?...
  9. I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?

I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?: So, I looked at my drives and said "oh, this isn't trimmed!" and optimized it. Now my PC is a bit funky and I'm worried. Am I good? What can I do to fix this without messing up my PC?...
  10. Recovery data from a unbootable SSD drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery data from a unbootable SSD drive: My laptop randomly stopped booting up. It say no bootable device found. It is Windows 11 with TPM2.0 enabled. I am trying to recover the data off of the drive I have made a bootable USB drive and scanned the non-bootable SSD drive but no files are showing. Is there a way to...