Windows 10: d drive says it is full when it is not

Discus and support d drive says it is full when it is not in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my d drive is saying it is full when trying to put a folder in the root but i have 500 gb free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by amitheninja, Aug 4, 2020.

1. d drive says it is full when it is not

my d drive is saying it is full when trying to put a folder in the root but i have 500 gb free

:)

amitheninja, Aug 4, 2020
  2. jonogy1 Win User

D:\> cmd says win 10 has no d drive yet i keep getting a warning saying its full!

Subject covers it really, d: drive full , I nearly deleted it out of frustration! The d: drive showing full with one recovery file in it, when you open this I think I got a list of 20 ? items that were in it?

jonogy1, Aug 4, 2020
  3. D drive is full

I have windows10. When I tried to install a Microsoft update, I got a message saying Drive D is full. It is full so I deleted all restore points after deleting the contents of the recycle bin. Still full. What next short of deleting Drive D.

AugustaraeAugusta, Aug 4, 2020
  4. d drive says it is full when it is not

"D" drive is full on HP B&O with Win 10

Hello,

Based on the information you've provided, we understand that you're unable to access D: drive on your computer and would like to delete some files. For us to assist you better with this concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which D: drive are you referring to, internal or external drive?
    • What happens when you try to open D: drive, do you get any error message/error code?
    • If yes, would you please mention the error message/error code in the response post?
    • By the way, when did you start noticing this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest checking if you are able to open the drive through Disk management by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select Disk management option.

• Right click on the drive which is inaccessible and select Open option.

• Check if the changes are effective.

We're looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

d drive says it is full when it is not

1. d drive says it is full when it is not - Similar Threads - drive says full

2. C: Drive full D: Drive Empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C: Drive full D: Drive Empty: Hello, I recently noticed my pc freezing and crashing and I believe it is due to me running out of storage. I found another thread which said that I should shrink/delete the empty drive and then extend the other but when I try to extend it the button is grayed out. Any help...
  3. D: drive full

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D: drive full: I keep getting message RECOVERY D: full. What do I have to do to clear uninstall unwanted files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-full/f3594a9e-5b13-4a6e-8813-0b1318adadfd
  4. Full D drive

Full D drive: My D disk is almost full and I am unable to empty it. It says there are no folders to show me and the contents are "Other". However, my C drive has almost nothing in it. I am getting constant reminders that D disk is almost full....
  5. Drive D: Seems to be full

Drive D: Seems to be full: I have transferred over 4000 pictures from my mini iPad to Windows 10. Now I can't access my documents on drive D: Is there anything I can do to remedy? Help Robert...
  6. C drive full, D drive empty

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C drive full, D drive empty: My C drive has 103 GB while my D drive has 931 GB, meanwhile the C drive is where everything is installed and the D drive is basically empty (924 GB free). This doesn't make any sense. How do I get my C drive to have all the space that my D drive has?...
  7. Full Recovery(D:) drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Full Recovery(D:) drive: My Recovery(D:) drive has always said it was almost full. (contained 13.5 gigabytes of content) I entered Settings >> System >> Storage >> Recovery(D:) >> Other and then it said, "We couldn't find any files to show you." Here's a screenshot(ish): [IMG]...
  8. Drive D is full

Drive D is full: How do I create more space in Drive D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-d-is-full/80a57551-0dff-4b37-9112-3c468cf94f16"
  9. Local D Drive is full

Local D Drive is full: I keep getting an message saying my local D drive is full. Now my computer is running poorly. It shows all my space is taken by "misc". There is nothing on my computer except photos. I feel like it has something to do with an update but I don't know how to fix it....
  10. D drive full contents won't show when

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    D drive full contents won't show when: Hello MS Expert. John here. I have a Win 10 system with 2 copies of Win 10 Pro 64 installed each on a seperate HD. On one of the drives I have my music, sound software which I use to create & record music, which I call Music Recording. On the other I have all my office &...