Windows 10: D drive shows up in boot but not in device management

Discus and support D drive shows up in boot but not in device management in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH] after updating my system, this notification used to show up and my computer used to crash to blue screen. so i had to reset my PC and update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mathukumallikashyap, Oct 6, 2019.

1. D drive shows up in boot but not in device management

D drive shows up in boot but not in device management def18ae0-b22f-4fb3-8e68-1079460d6ac6?upload=true.png

after updating my system, this notification used to show up and my computer used to crash to blue screen. so i had to reset my PC and update it again.

now D drive does not show up.

I can see D drive as disk 0 in boot but it doesnt show up in device management

i tried windows memory diagnostic but it did not return any error

:)

mathukumallikashyap, Oct 6, 2019
  2. seejp Win User

external hard drive showing up in device management but not disk management

Hi,

I recently tried to use a brand new Seagate 2TB External HD, but it is not showing up. It initially showed up, but after I tried reformatting it to exFAT32, it disappeared from the disk management list.

I then tried:

• refreshing the disk management list,
    • inserting into a different USB port,
    • re-starting my computer, and
    • uninstalling the device from device manager/letting it refresh,

I still can't see it. There is no yellow error in the USB controller list.

I'm on Windows 10.

Intel i5-3317U @ 1.7GHz

Any suggestions? Thanks!

seejp, Oct 6, 2019
  3. John Ado Win User
    DVD Drive shows as "Unknown device" in Device Manager

Have you updated or reinstalled the driver? If not, follow these steps:

• To update the driver, search for the driver on the device manufacturer's website, and then follow the installation instructions on the website.
    • To reinstall the driver, follow these steps:
      • Press the Windows key + R to open the
        Run
        dialog box.
      • Type devmgmt.msc, then press Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click
        Allow
      • In Device Manager, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the CD and DVD devices, and then click
        Uninstall.
      • When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, click
        OK
      • Restart the computer. After the computer restarts, the drivers will be automatically installed.
    Update us with the results.

Thank you.

John Ado, Oct 6, 2019
  4. D drive shows up in boot but not in device management

Hard Drive Not Showing Up In The Boot Order

Hi,

Since I tried to install VMware on one of my PC, the HDD is not showing up in the boot order but I can see it in the SATA device list. If I try to install Ubuntu Server or Linux Mint, the both OS can see the 500 GB drive and I can install the OS on it but when the installation is done, the OS, Linux Mint or Ubuntu Server, depending what is installed, won't boot because the 500 GB HDD is not showing up as a boot device.

Why this happen? I do a Google search but all I get is not what I search for or non somes forums, they suggest to unplug the SATA cable and re-plug it on another SATA port because the SATA port can be dead. I do this but it won't fix the issue, by the way if the SATA port was dead, why I can see the 500 GB drive on the SATA device section of the BIOS? And also I got the HDD may be dead, not possible because he is detected on the Linux Mint setup or Ubuntu Server setup ansd like I saids I can install an OS on it and he is detected in the SATA devices section in the BIOS. As I found nothing reveland on Google, I need help please.

This is possible VMware has scrapped the BIOS or the Hard Drive? I don't know…

Thanks in advance for your help!

Guillaume

guillaumesoucy, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

D drive shows up in boot but not in device management

1. D drive shows up in boot but not in device management - Similar Threads - drive shows boot

2. My D drive is not showing up. Device manager says Code 10, device cannot start. Driver is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D drive is not showing up. Device manager says Code 10, device cannot start. Driver is...: I restarted my computer recently and when it booted, my D drive had disappeared. This is where most of my applications are installed. I checked the device manager and under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers it lists the SATA AHCI controller as having a "code 10," and says "device...
  3. My D drive is not showing up. Device manager says Code 10, device cannot start. Driver is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My D drive is not showing up. Device manager says Code 10, device cannot start. Driver is...: I restarted my computer recently and when it booted, my D drive had disappeared. This is where most of my applications are installed. I checked the device manager and under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers it lists the SATA AHCI controller as having a "code 10," and says "device...
  4. D: drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D: drive not showing up: I have a dell G5 5590 laptop. I turned on my laptop to find the D: drive completely missing after using it normally the day before. I even went into disk management and it's not showing there either. Shown below is what comes up....
  5. D: drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D: drive not showing up: I have a dell G5 5590 laptop. I turned on my laptop to find the D: drive completely missing after using it normally the day before. I even went into disk management and it's not showing there either. Shown below is what comes up....
  6. Drive D not showing in explorer or device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive D not showing in explorer or device manager: Yesterday night I started some updates for windows and left them over night. Today I turn on my laptop and all the stuff on drive d is gone. My whole drive was gone. It isn't showing up in the explorer, device manager and it isn't even showing up in the bios. However it shows...
  7. Drive D not showing in explorer, device manager or disk management

Drive D not showing in explorer, device manager or disk management: Yesterday night I started some updates for windows and left them over night. Today I turn on my laptop and all the stuff on drive d is gone. My whole drive was gone. It isn't showing up in the explorer, disk manager, device manager and it isn't even showing up in the bios. I...
  8. Floppy drive recognized by device manager but not showing up

Floppy drive recognized by device manager but not showing up: Hello, I found an old floppy drive and it is showing up on BIOS and Windows device manager, but not showing up on "This PC". Does Windows 10 (20H2) still support Floppy? Thanks 173238
  9. D: hard drive is not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    D: hard drive is not showing up: I have a laptop and my D: hard drive (1TB) is not showing up in the explorer nor device manager (I also try with diskpart but is not showing there either). device manager and diskpart Before this happened I was playing a videogame, but this crash because it could not load...
  10. Hard drive shows up in device manager but no in disk management

Hard drive shows up in device manager but no in disk management: I have a few months old Seagate 2tb HDD that just today began to not show up in my drives in file explorer. After screwing with SATA and power cables (to no prevail). It was previously assigned a letter and didn't show any sign of failure, any help?...