Windows 10: D Drive suddenly missing

Discus and support D Drive suddenly missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. Was working on my desktop HP, had some windows files open....came back after a couple of hours and my D drive/partition where all my files and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MartinKF99, Sep 2, 2021.

1. D Drive suddenly missing

Hi. Was working on my desktop HP, had some windows files open....came back after a couple of hours and my D drive/partition where all my files and pictures are stored is no longer there! I have not installed any new software recently. I tried disk management rescan, and it made no difference. My backup software Carbonite popped up and said restore paused I had not initiated anything. I tried disk management 'rescan', and it made no difference. Any help appreciated I am not particularly savvy, but can follow instructions!

:)

MartinKF99, Sep 2, 2021
  2. Manosman Win User

D: Drive Suddenly Disappeared

I have seen this command before, though I've never used it much, other than to list the disks. I indeed only have 1 2TB drive. However, it's gone again. And even though I tried to list the disks, only C: appeared.

I'll try to open the box tomorrow and see if I can make it appear again.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I did a diskpart and then I was able to use the drive again, format it and it's now the same way I bought it (software-wise at least). I also made sure all drivers were up to date (just in case).

However, when it comes to Western Digital's disk test, it still fails for the same reasons. The disk is currently empty, so it's indeed a hardware problem. The cables are all good, so it's the drive itself I guess.

Any other suggestions maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

So, I did got no different results from the test, but I saw this. It seems this is the only fail it gives in this results window.

D Drive suddenly missing [​IMG]

Manosman, Sep 2, 2021
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Sep 2, 2021
  4. D Drive suddenly missing

windows 10 missing D: drive

Original title: windows 10

I have installed windows 10 a few weeks ago and suddenly it does not see drive D: It lists only drive C: and DVD E: I have stoked up device manager and looked at disks, there is only one physical disk listed. I have all my data on drive D:

HELP!!!

Jean-ClaudeMagnien, Sep 2, 2021
Thema:

D Drive suddenly missing

1. D Drive suddenly missing - Similar Threads - Drive suddenly missing

2. D Drive suddenly gone missing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    D Drive suddenly gone missing.: I was trying to clear some space from my C drive by moving some files over to my D Drive, and after emptying my recycling bin of some files I realized my D drive was no longer showing up at all. I can't imagine I accidentally deleted my D Drive, but I have no idea what has...
  3. Drive D Suddenly Missing!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive D Suddenly Missing!: NB: I have 2 drive, SSD which is where my OS and apps installed and is C drive. While Drive D is HDD, for backup folder.My drive D occasionally missing, and i cannot access it. I checked it on Disk Management and here is the...
  4. Drive D Suddenly Missing!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive D Suddenly Missing!: NB: I have 2 drive, SSD which is where my OS and apps installed and is C drive. While Drive D is HDD, for backup folder.My drive D occasionally missing, and i cannot access it. I checked it on Disk Management and here is the...
  5. Drive D Suddenly Missing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Missing D: Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing D: Drive: My D: Drive disappeared today and I could not find any solution to the problem. I checked the disk management but as you can see it does not show. I even installed Recoverit which also could not find the drive. This is a relatively new PC too. What happened was I was...
  7. D drive missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive missing: About an hour ago my d drive dissapeared and It has all my work stuff on it please help. Ive tried the settings and disk managment and everytime I go to the system reboot thingy it doesnt have my d drive on it. I looked at the d drive on my computer and everything looks fine...
  8. missing drive D

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    missing drive D: i tried connecting an external hard disk to my laptop. but it was not showing up. so i went it to the settings and under drive setting changed some setting from online to offline. since then i am unable to view my drive D. how do i recover my drive with all the files?...
  9. D: drive missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    D: drive missing: Three problems: "D:\desktop us unavailable" plus D: drive missing "path not found" plus my taskbar is wiped clean System info on my desktop below. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-missing/0e2a5392-16fe-4e17-be4c-c58fc4730a23
  10. D drive suddenly missing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D drive suddenly missing?: Yesterday I went to play a game I had on steam which was installed onto my D drive. I realized that the icon for the game just showed the white piece of paper with the corner folded, and upon clicking on the icon it said that the application was not found. The steam icon was...