Windows 10: D:/ drive unavailable

Discus and support D:/ drive unavailable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey I am experiencing a problem where my secondary hard drive is unavailable. It's a local HDD inside of the laptop. I can use the laptop normally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stefandavid1, Apr 6, 2020.

1. D:/ drive unavailable

Hey I am experiencing a problem where my secondary hard drive is unavailable. It's a local HDD inside of the laptop. I can use the laptop normally since windows is on my c:/ drive SSD but I cannot access my other files. I keep getting this error message when trying to access files one the disk.

"D:\ is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you're connected to the network or Internet, and then try again. If the location still can't be found, it might have been moved or deleted."

Additionally i cannot see the disk on file manager nor disk management. I really hope my files are not lost and how can I fix this problem.

:)

stefandavid1, Apr 6, 2020

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Apr 6, 2020
  3. D:/ drive unavailable

Hey I am experiencing a problem where my secondary hard drive is unavailable. It's a local HDD inside of the laptop. I can use the laptop normally since windows is on my c:/ drive (SSD) but I cannot access my other files. I keep getting this error message
    when trying to access files one the disk.

"D:\ is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you're connected to the network or Internet, and then try again. If the
    location still can't be found, it might have been moved or deleted."

Additionally i cannot see the disk on file manager nor disk management. I really hope my files are not lost and how can I fix this problem.

stefandavid1, Apr 6, 2020
  4. D:/ drive unavailable

Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

D:/ drive unavailable

1. D:/ drive unavailable - Similar Threads - drive unavailable

2. Troubleshooting Unavailable RAID Drives After Windows 11 Reinstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting Unavailable RAID Drives After Windows 11 Reinstallation: Hi,I had some major problems with my current Windows Pro 11 installation, so I had to start over by installing a fresh Win 11 image.Before that, I had 4 HDDs, organized as two different Raid 1 disks.Right after finishing my reinstallation, the disks were “synchronizing” in...
  3. Troubleshooting Unavailable RAID Drives After Windows 11 Reinstallation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubleshooting Unavailable RAID Drives After Windows 11 Reinstallation: Hi,I had some major problems with my current Windows Pro 11 installation, so I had to start over by installing a fresh Win 11 image.Before that, I had 4 HDDs, organized as two different Raid 1 disks.Right after finishing my reinstallation, the disks were “synchronizing” in...
  4. "The drive or network connection that the shortcut '___.Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The drive or network connection that the shortcut '___.Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make...: I was having all the files in Windows 10 pro and it got crashed due to some problem. So I had to format it and I did. But I copied the datas in USB so that I can use. And now I'm using Windows 11 Enterprise. I inserted the USB and tried to open the files which is shortuct...
  5. "The drive or network connection that the shortcut '___.Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make...

"The drive or network connection that the shortcut '___.Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make...: I was having all the files in Windows 10 pro and it got crashed due to some problem. So I had to format it and I did. But I copied the datas in USB so that I can use. And now I'm using Windows 11 Enterprise. I inserted the USB and tried to open the files which is shortuct...
  6. D:/ drive freezes File Explorer, spikes HDD use to 100%, volume information unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D:/ drive freezes File Explorer, spikes HDD use to 100%, volume information unavailable: I use a SSD for my C drive and a HDD for my E drive, and the D drive seemingly is my HDD too as seen on Task Manager, I remember it used to be labeled as "System Reserved Drive" and had 100MB of volume. The HDD is an old hard drive from a previous PC, and so I use it for big...
  7. D:/ drive freezes File Explorer, spikes HDD use to 100%, volume information unavailable

D:/ drive freezes File Explorer, spikes HDD use to 100%, volume information unavailable: I use a SSD for my C drive and a HDD for my E drive, and the D drive seemingly is my HDD too as seen on Task Manager, I remember it used to be labeled as "System Reserved Drive" and had 100MB of volume. The HDD is an old hard drive from a previous PC, and so I use it for big...
  8. D:/ drive freezes File Explorer, spikes HDD use to 100%, volume information unavailable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected...: is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you’re connected to the network or Internet, and then try again. If the location still can’t be...
  10. is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected...

is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected...: is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you’re connected to the network or Internet, and then try again. If the location still can’t be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. d drive unavailable windows 10