Windows 10: D drive went missing, what should I do?

Discus and support D drive went missing, what should I do? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use every option I can to detect my d drive from disk management to quick access shortcut but still didn't find anything. What should I do? All of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SpaceEmperor, Aug 13, 2021.

1. D drive went missing, what should I do?

I use every option I can to detect my d drive from disk management to quick access shortcut but still didn't find anything. What should I do? All of my data from projects to games were placed exactly on that drive.

:)

SpaceEmperor, Aug 13, 2021

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Aug 13, 2021
  3. windows 10 missing D: drive

Hello Jean,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with missing D: drive from your system. We will certainly help you.

We suggest you to kindly follow the suggestion from the below link and check if it helps:

D drive missing after Windows 10 upgrade

Let us know the results. We will be happy to assists you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 13, 2021
  4. GrantFed Win User

D drive went missing, what should I do?

Woke up to a missing D Drive

I keep my files on a D Drive (Internal Hard Drive) on a Dell Desktop

I woke to have the entire drive either deleted or missing

Under Disk Management it DOES NOT show up

I DONOT have a restore point unfortunately

Please walk me through steps to get this back

GrantFed, Aug 13, 2021
Thema:

D drive went missing, what should I do?

1. D drive went missing, what should I do? - Similar Threads - drive went missing

2. All my drives except C went missing. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All my drives except C went missing. What should I do?: All my drives except C went missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-drives-except-c-went-missing-what-should-i/03bbb3ce-6cec-4418-adf7-f2f540b40dbe
  3. All my drives except C went missing. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my drives except C went missing. What should I do?: All my drives except C went missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-drives-except-c-went-missing-what-should-i/03bbb3ce-6cec-4418-adf7-f2f540b40dbe
  4. All my drives except C went missing. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. D drive went missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive went missing: Hey. so I have almost all of my important files on the D drive and I really didn't do ANYTHING I was watching youtube while waiting for an app to respond which was weird I didn't have this issue before and it didn't respond and I tried to open the task manger so I can close...
  6. D drive went missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D drive went missing: Hey. so I have almost all of my important files on the D drive and I really didn't do ANYTHING I was watching youtube while waiting for an app to respond which was weird I didn't have this issue before and it didn't respond and I tried to open the task manger so I can close...
  7. D drive went missing

8. Drive D/ Personal Documents went missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Drive D/ Personal Documents went missing: All, My drive D and personal documents went missing. I tried all ways and means but don't seem to work. I also did not backup so can't use the restore & backup option. Just upgraded Windows 10 recently. Help please. 144732
  9. My D drive went completely missing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My D drive went completely missing.: I opened disk management to see what happened to my D drive and it didn't show. So I tried to do everything the internet told me to. Still nothing. Any help please? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. D Drive went missing

D Drive went missing: I have reset my laptop and after which i used the education version and was wondering where did my d drive went. My D drive now went to become my cd/dvd drive and i cant find my D drive hard disk. Before that i have 2 hard drive C and D. Can someone help me ? thanks 85981