Windows 10: D drive went on vacation

Discus and support D drive went on vacation in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi to all, This never happened to me before, but serching through google it seems like I`m not the only one. Anyway, my D drive went missing and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FunnyKatz, Oct 29, 2019.

1. D drive went on vacation

Hi to all,

This never happened to me before, but serching through google it seems like I`m not the only one. Anyway, my D drive went missing and I can´t figure why or how to restore it (without having to fresh install win10 again).

So far, I've tried rescanning the disks on Disk Management, but nothing happened. After that, I used "verifier" to see if something was messing with the other drives, and apparently there is. I got this:

DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

What failed: WUDFRd.sys

Going back to the Verifier tool apparently its a microsoft driver.

Now I have no idea what to do next. Anyone willing to help?

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/FunnyKatz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FunnyKatz, Oct 29, 2019

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Paulieg Win User
    Vacation

Hey guys. I'm going on vacation starting this Friday afternoon, and will be out of town until next Wednesday. I'll be asking another mod to keep an eye on things here, even though you guys really don't need it...though you never really know. *Wink D drive went on vacation ;) Unfortunately, I'll need to shut down all of my rigs for that time. My wife will have a fit if I tried to leave them on. So, especially since we've had some major contributors leave recently to do me a favor, and step it up!! Top 50 is within our reach, but we need everyone to crunch hard!!*Big Grin D drive went on vacation :D

Paulieg, Oct 29, 2019
  4. D drive went on vacation

Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

D drive went on vacation

1. D drive went on vacation - Similar Threads - drive went vacation

2. Wifi driver went on a vacation. Never came back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi driver went on a vacation. Never came back: showed the hidden devices btw. Can anyone help me reinstall the driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-driver-went-on-a-vacation-never-came-back/d6bd05a4-567d-4d5d-8460-bcc82bb6f400
  3. Wifi driver went on a vacation. Never came back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi driver went on a vacation. Never came back: showed the hidden devices btw. Can anyone help me reinstall the driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-driver-went-on-a-vacation-never-came-back/d6bd05a4-567d-4d5d-8460-bcc82bb6f400
  4. Wifi driver went on a vacation. Never came back

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. D drive went missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive went missing: Hey. so I have almost all of my important files on the D drive and I really didn't do ANYTHING I was watching youtube while waiting for an app to respond which was weird I didn't have this issue before and it didn't respond and I tried to open the task manger so I can close...
  6. D drive went missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D drive went missing: Hey. so I have almost all of my important files on the D drive and I really didn't do ANYTHING I was watching youtube while waiting for an app to respond which was weird I didn't have this issue before and it didn't respond and I tried to open the task manger so I can close...
  7. D drive went missing

8. Drive D/ Personal Documents went missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Drive D/ Personal Documents went missing: All, My drive D and personal documents went missing. I tried all ways and means but don't seem to work. I also did not backup so can't use the restore & backup option. Just upgraded Windows 10 recently. Help please. 144732
  9. D drive went on vacation

D drive went on vacation: Hi to all, This never happened to me before, but serching through google it seems like I`m not the only one. Anyway, my D drive went missing and I can´t figure why or how to restore it (without having to fresh install win10 again). So far, I've tried rescanning the disks on...
  10. D Drive went missing

D Drive went missing: I have reset my laptop and after which i used the education version and was wondering where did my d drive went. My D drive now went to become my cd/dvd drive and i cant find my D drive hard disk. Before that i have 2 hard drive C and D. Can someone help me ? thanks 85981