Windows 10: "D" drive works correctly except for opening and closing, please help

Discus and support "D" drive works correctly except for opening and closing, please help in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When trying to access drive "D" using the button on the surface of the computer, nothing happens. To open, I must access through Windows Explorer and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mr44, Aug 7, 2022.

1. mr44 Win User

"D" drive works correctly except for opening and closing, please help

When trying to access drive "D" using the button on the surface of the computer, nothing happens. To open, I must access through Windows Explorer and use the eject button. The drive itself works perfectly except for this manual nonsense. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

:)

mr44, Aug 7, 2022

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Aug 7, 2022
  3. windows 10 internal drive d how to take back ownership of the hardrive?

Hi Steve,

To help you with your concern regarding the internal hard drive, let me suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Right-click on the Drive D:
    • Select Properties
    • Click Security tab then select Advanced
    • Select Change after the Owner: line

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Aug 7, 2022
  4. "D" drive works correctly except for opening and closing, please help

"D" drive is full on HP B&O with Win 10

Hello,

Based on the information you've provided, we understand that you're unable to access D: drive on your computer and would like to delete some files. For us to assist you better with this concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which D: drive are you referring to, internal or external drive?
    • What happens when you try to open D: drive, do you get any error message/error code?
    • If yes, would you please mention the error message/error code in the response post?
    • By the way, when did you start noticing this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest checking if you are able to open the drive through Disk management by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select Disk management option.

• Right click on the drive which is inaccessible and select Open option.

• Check if the changes are effective.

We're looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Aug 7, 2022
Thema:

"D" drive works correctly except for opening and closing, please help

1. "D" drive works correctly except for opening and closing, please help - Similar Threads - drive works correctly

2. "D" drive works correctly except for opening and closing, please help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "D" drive works correctly except for opening and closing, please help: When trying to access drive "D" using the button on the surface of the computer, nothing happens. To open, I must access through Windows Explorer and use the eject button. The drive itself works perfectly except for this manual nonsense. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  3. "D" drive works correctly except for opening and closing, please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "D" drive works correctly except for opening and closing, please help: When trying to access drive "D" using the button on the surface of the computer, nothing happens. To open, I must access through Windows Explorer and use the eject button. The drive itself works perfectly except for this manual nonsense. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  4. My D drive is missing! Please Help!?

My D drive is missing! Please Help!?: I recently replaced the Charger Port for my Lenovo Laptop... the port now works fine, however it had to error check... it finishes the first time... i pick it up to log in... it clicks... and everything shuts off at once, no shutdown, nothing... just off... some time later,...
  5. My D drive is missing! Please Help!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D drive is missing! Please Help!?: I recently replaced the Charger Port for my Lenovo Laptop... the port now works fine, however it had to error check... it finishes the first time... i pick it up to log in... it clicks... and everything shuts off at once, no shutdown, nothing... just off... some time later,...
  6. My D drive is missing! Please Help!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. E/D Drive Is Not Working Correctly, Please Help?

E/D Drive Is Not Working Correctly, Please Help?: So lately my epic games has been slow, it wouldnt uninstalled so i did something stupid and deleted the files manually, i dont think they all deleted, but i thought it was fine, this morning i booted up my pc and tried to reinstall epic games, it gave me an error saying...
  8. My D Drive completely disappeared please help!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My D Drive completely disappeared please help!!!: I restarted my pc and went I came back to launch a game, is said that the file couldn’t be found and i go to look at my files and my D drive is completely gone. Please help me get it back. submitted by /u/Thicx- [link] [comments]...
  9. No Apps launching from D: Drive!! Please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Apps launching from D: Drive!! Please help!: I'm completely unable to launch ANY installed applications from my HDD or my new SSD that I bought on the advice of a local repair shop (they told me the problem was likely to do with the HDD itself, as opposed to my computer). I'm guessing it has something to do with my...
  10. D drive is missing.. please help!

D drive is missing.. please help!: Hello, A little over a month ago the D drive on my computer (Asus Notebook PC, Windows 10) would disappear occasionally but when I rebooted the computer it would reappear and work normally, until one day it just completely disappeared and has not come back. I am okay with...