Windows 10: D: hard drive is not showing up

Discus and support D: hard drive is not showing up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a laptop and my D: hard drive (1TB) is not showing up in the explorer nor device manager (I also try with diskpart but is not showing there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DaxterJunior, Jan 17, 2020.

1. D: hard drive is not showing up

I have a laptop and my D: hard drive (1TB) is not showing up in the explorer nor device manager (I also try with diskpart but is not showing there either). device manager and diskpart

Before this happened I was playing a videogame, but this crash because it could not load images and sounds. I closed and open the game again but it was still crashing. So I restarted the computer but now my D: volume disappeared.

I tried uninstalling the ATA/ATAPI driver but it didn't work.

I don't know if it is worth to mention that my windows got an update yesterday, and I have SSD and HDD, but I don't know which one was used for the D: drive.

Could it be a hardware problem?

submitted by /u/DaxterJunior
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DaxterJunior, Jan 17, 2020

2. Hard Drive not Showing

Hi Lori,

Thank you for posting back.

• How are you connecting the Hard drive to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a different computer and check if it works?

It's possible that your USB drivers are corrupt. I suggest you to try the following steps and check.

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      to open Device manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
      at the left bottom.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jan 17, 2020
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

D: hard drive is not showing up

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

D: hard drive is not showing up

1. D: hard drive is not showing up - Similar Threads - hard drive showing

2. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive not showing up: After cleaning my pc, my computer has been facing a lot of hard drive issues. At first my hard drive wasn't showing up in file explorer and disk management, but today it automatically came back. It had a different drive letter and when I opened a file in the drive it woud...
  3. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive not showing up: After cleaning my pc, my computer has been facing a lot of hard drive issues. At first my hard drive wasn't showing up in file explorer and disk management, but today it automatically came back. It had a different drive letter and when I opened a file in the drive it woud...
  4. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. D: drive not showing up

D: drive not showing up: I have a dell G5 5590 laptop. I turned on my laptop to find the D: drive completely missing after using it normally the day before. I even went into disk management and it's not showing there either. Shown below is what comes up....
  6. D: drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D: drive not showing up: I have a dell G5 5590 laptop. I turned on my laptop to find the D: drive completely missing after using it normally the day before. I even went into disk management and it's not showing there either. Shown below is what comes up....
  7. Hard Drive not showing up

Hard Drive not showing up: I have both an SSD and a HDD. When I go to file explorer only the SSD shows up. In the bios both the HDD and the SSD shows up. The HDD doesnt show up in device manager either. How to I get the HDD to start appearing?...
  8. Hard drive shows up as Local Disk D

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive shows up as Local Disk D: I cant access my external drive and it shows as local disk D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-shows-up-as-local-disk-d/ea2327aa-81a2-488d-9d37-f833daab3f4b
  9. Hard drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive not showing up: While building a computer I was told that installing the OS on a SSD would lead to a faster boot time than if I Installed it on a hard drive So I recently did the only problem is that now windows isn't acknowledging the hard drive in "This PC". I have tried the following...
  10. Secondary Hard Drive D:\ Not Showing Up in Indexing Options Modify

in Windows 10 Support
    Secondary Hard Drive D:\ Not Showing Up in Indexing Options Modify: Hi, I've Googled all over and found some things about this but never an actual solution. I think it is permissions based. Here is the deal. Our organization branched off from another company and now are our own entity. They removed our computers from their domain and...