Windows 10: D: keeps falling off backup list

Discus and support D: keeps falling off backup list in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello folks, I am using the default File History backup on my W10 Home (1909) laptop to back up files to an external NAS drive. I like this program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by beanbag, Oct 23, 2020.

1. beanbag Win User

D: keeps falling off backup list

Hello folks,
    I am using the default File History backup on my W10 Home (1909) laptop to back up files to an external NAS drive. I like this program simply because the files on the target drive are easily readable by any other computer and doesn't need a proprietary program. It seems to work fine and automatically, except that D: (external SSD drive) keeps disappearing off the backup list. This sort of makes sense because sometimes it is not connected. Anyway, how can I keep this item on the list so that when it is plugged in, it will still automatically back up?

There's an additional complication, which is that I also got a flash drive for this laptop which will also only be occasionally plugged in. Should I just label the SSD as d: and the flash as e: so they never have a drive letter conflict? (Will windows remember these drive letter assignments?)

Thanks

:)

beanbag, Oct 23, 2020
  2. DrPepper Win User

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Backup skipped

Hi Ken,

For us to better isolate your concern, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are your backing up files or creating a system image?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest deleting the backup you created and create a new one. Click this
    article
    and follow the steps on how to create a backup.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Oct 23, 2020
  4. s1rrah Win User

ScienceMark thread (with score list)

you know, another suggestion that might make keeping track of and updating scores a bit easier on all involved ...

most threads similar to this one do not float the score list around the overall thread, most keep the score list as post #1 and simply, over time, continuously update that first post, while the rest of the thread, score postings, discussions, etc. ... carry one as usual.

is there a way to edit the first post of this thread and make it the permanent placeholder post for the score listing? might make it easier to keep track of the scores as well as update the list. i find it sort of difficult at times to have to scroll through the posts to find the latest score list posting.

just an idea ...

s1rrah, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

1. D: keeps falling off backup list - Similar Threads - keeps falling off

2. Wi-Fi falls off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi falls off: Wi-Fi is systematically disconnected when I play certain games on the Internet, when I watch YouTube, everything is fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-falls-off/143d7243-e818-4a90-ae81-dbb861a173e0
  3. Wi-Fi falls off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wi-Fi falls off: Wi-Fi is systematically disconnected when I play certain games on the Internet, when I watch YouTube, everything is fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-falls-off/143d7243-e818-4a90-ae81-dbb861a173e0
  4. Wi-Fi falls off

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Backup list of installed apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup list of installed apps?: Getting ready to do a fresh install of Windows 10 on my laptop that I use in my music studio and I have lots programs that I’ve installed over the last few years that I might not use all the time but still need and don’t want to forget about installing them on the new W10...
  6. Keyboard "A" key falling off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard "A" key falling off: Hello, my keyboard key was falling off. I kept putting it back on but it doesn't work. Do you all know a way how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-a-key-falling-off/3cd8e419-8f2b-42a5-8357-1c32aadec1ea
  7. Font fall off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Font fall off: Fonts are partially showing as if parts have fallen off. It's happening on Google and Microsoft Edge. This is an intermittent problem since the Microsoft update to my PC on 8/28/2020. Any suggestions?...
  8. The Ethernet cable connection keeps falling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Ethernet cable connection keeps falling: Suddenly, for no reason, Windows 10 drops the ethernet to "unidentified network" "No internet". The network utility returns and gives a DNS error. I can ping by IP address, I can ping the router. I can not send a browser to the router's internal address for administration,...
  9. Microsoft Store Download Speed Falls Off

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Download Speed Falls Off: I am currently trying to download Forza Horizon 4, however the download will start at my average 16mb/s and then fall over about 15 seconds to 10kb/s and then just to 'downloading' didnt know if there was any way to troubleshoot this issue. Owen * Moved from Insider...
  10. Backup Options: Lists of Folders to backup or exclude

in Windows 10 Customization
    Backup Options: Lists of Folders to backup or exclude: Settings - Backup Options has lists of folders to back up and folders to exclude. I want NOTHING in either list. But all I can do is ADD to those lists. If I add a folder to EXCLUDE, it goes off backup and appears in EXCLUDE. But that's NOT what I want. I just want to delete...