Windows 10: D Link DWP 156 USB Modem

Discus and support D Link DWP 156 USB Modem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; D Link DWP 156 USB Modem is blocked from installing its software on windows 10 may I know the reason? also I would like to know the work around for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by UllasK, Sep 12, 2018.

1. UllasK Win User

D Link DWP 156 USB Modem

D Link DWP 156 USB Modem is blocked from installing its software on windows 10 may I know the reason?
    also I would like to know the work around for installing it.

:)

UllasK, Sep 12, 2018

2. D Link DWP 156 USB Modem successfully installed and working in actice "administrator account" but not working in "user account" of Windows 10

Hi Guru Kiran,

Thanks for responding to my much needed query

I got late to reply as i went to retreat for few days. Today I read your response to my query and immediately attempted on suggestions given by you.

• Attempt to install D Link DWP 156 USB Modem by disabling the Avast Free Anti-virus 2015 installed at my PC till the time of installation.

At first I logged into Administrator account and uninstalled the previous installation of D Link DWP 156 USB Modem. Then I switched off the Active protection settings of Avast Free Anti-virus 2015 installed at my PC with preferred
    setting “stop until start of computer”.

I inserted my D Link DWP 156 USB Modem in PC and installed it afresh. The installation completed successfully and then I restarted my PC.

I logged into "administrator account” and found
    that I could use installed application of D Link DWP 156 USB Modem on Administrator account.

I signed out from active "administrator account" to "user account"
    and tried to use the installed application of D Link DWP 156 USB Modem, but again i could not run the application and got the same notice
    "This App Has Been Blocked for Your Protection".

• Attempts to Create a new user profile got failed
    In Administrator Account I followed following steps

Settings - Accounts - Other users - Add someone else to this PC

On clicking to "Add someone else to this PC" a blink on screen appears and nothing proceeds afterwards.

In Local Account I followed following steps

Settings - Accounts - Your Account - Add a work or school account

On clicking to "Add a work or school account" a blank notice popups and goes away in moment and nothing proceeds afterwards.

By attempting above mentioned two steps as suggested by you I could not fix my problem and still i am unable to use the installed application in "user account" in Windows 10.

Please help me to fix this issue, as I still wish to continue to Windows 10 as I appreciate the new innovations attempted in Windows 10.

With Hope

Voice of Life, Sep 12, 2018
  3. D Link DWP 156 USB Modem successfully installed and working in actice "administrator account" but not working in "user account" of Windows 10

Hi,

I have just installed Windows 10 Pro on my Lenovo Notebook. I tried to install D Link DWP 156 USB Modem on freshly installed Windows 10, but the installation was blocked with notice
    "This App Has Been Blocked For Your Protection".

I read some articles on the above mentioned issue and got the solution. I did activation of hidden administrator account by running command prompt as administrator and applied "net user administrator /active:yes". After this i signed out from
    "user account" to active "administrator account" and successfully installed the D Link DWP 156 USB Modem. After installation i successfully used the application to get internet connection at my PC.

I signed out from active "administrator account" to "user account"
    and tried to use the installed application of D Link DWP 156 USB Modem, but i could not run the application and got the same notice
    "This App Has Been Blocked For Your Protection". Now i am unable to use the installed application in "user account" in Windows 10. I did search for the solution of this issue on web but did not had right solution for it.

Please help me to solve this issue, as i wish to continue on Windows 10.

With Hope

4. D Link DWP 156 USB Modem

D Link DWP 156 USB Modem successfully installed and working in actice "administrator account" but not working in "user account" of Windows 10

Dear Vinodh Kumar.V

Microsoft Community

I am happy to inform that I found the solution of the issue I was facing on Windows 10.

Today I called the D-Link Help Desk and discussed my issue with the D-Link Representative.

They properly listened to me and emailed me a file to be downloaded and followed.

The download had two files, one was PDF file titled “How to fix the THIS APP HAS BEEN BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION issue.pdf” and another was an application file titled “FileUnsigner.exe”.

As per D-Link Instruction I had to do following to fix the issue.

If this is a first time installation of the D-Link DWP – 156 USB Modem follow below steps.

Copy content of the setup of the D-Link DWP – 156 USB Modem to a Location in C drive.

Copy FileUnsigner.exe to the same location as the setup.

Next, start Command prompt in Administrator mode.

Navigate to the location where the blocked executable and FileUnsigner.exe is located.

Type the command
    FileUnsigner.exe /f <filename>
    . Press Enter.

The File should now be unsigned and will work. With These steps, the D-Link connection manager should start working normally.

If the application is already installed, skip to step 5.

Next, navigate to where the Application is installed. Copy FileUnsigner.exe

in the same location.

Run Command Prompt as Administrator, navigate to where the application

is installed, and run the command
    FileUnsigner.exe /f <Filename>. Press Enter.

The file will now execute normally without getting blocked.

After following above mentioned steps I was able to install the D – Link DWP – 156 USB Modem and use it to access Internet on Windows 10, even without making any change in Windows 10 default
    SmartScreen settings.

Hope this solution will help other users of Windows 10 and D-Link Dongles
    and will enrich the Microsoft Community.

Thanking you for listening.

Thema:

D Link DWP 156 USB Modem

1. D Link DWP 156 USB Modem - Similar Threads - Link DWP 156

2. USB Modem No Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Modem No Audio: I have a new USB Modem believed to be Conexant which I use for dial-out on Windows 11. It appears to dial out correctly but produces NO AUDIO. This makes the device useless as I don't know when to pick up. I have tried very many fixes, having Windows search for the best...
  3. Usb Modem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Usb Modem: Hello, I am using usb modem Huawei for the intenet on my pc and everything is working but the microsoft store and xbox app. When I switch to Wi-fi everything works fine. Why ? Error code : 0x80131500...
  4. D link modem is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D link modem is not working: Whenever i insert a d link modem it shows blocked for your protection.How can i resolve this to run my modem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-link-modem-is-not-working/7e2b4cac-9a97-4b2b-884b-b2ea2aad0279
  5. WINDOW 10 BLOCK MY D-LINK MODEM

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOW 10 BLOCK MY D-LINK MODEM: Sir, window 10 block my D-LINK modem. So tell me how to use my D-LINK modem in my window 10. thanks. Each time i plug in my D-Link Modem in my window 10. it will show an administrator has block you from running this program. I have done a lot but no solution. pls help me out...
  6. D Link

D Link: I got a d link dwa 140 usb, i installed the drivers correctly, it tells me i'm connected but if i browse the internet it doesn't work, and the diagnosis says it's all right, i don't get it...
  7. D-Link Modem 157

D-Link Modem 157: Why Why Why ???? is windows 10 blocking my D-Link Modem 157 insallation?? I can not even run it as administrator from browsing or from the command prompt Somebody PLEASE Help It keep on telling me it is blocked for my protection ?? but I always used it before the latest...
  8. d-link wireless usb adapter is not working

d-link wireless usb adapter is not working: My d-link wireless usb adapter is not working with windows 10. But when i revert back it windows 8.1 it works. Model number is dwa-131 Any idea what's the problem? 13792
  9. Cannot install D Link modem , windows not recognizing the drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot install D Link modem , windows not recognizing the drive: Please see the screenshot below: https://i.stack.imgur.com/gOhPm.jpg The first time I inserted the modem it showed in the File Explorer view. After that first time, when I tried to insert the modem again it is showing as the black D drive icon. I tried to fix the thing...
  10. I could not installed D-Link Modem in my pc........help me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I could not installed D-Link Modem in my pc........help me: When i was trying to install it, its shown that..."(This app has blocked for your protection) An administrator has blocked you from running this app.For more information, contact the administrator."...................help me please............ 27806

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new DWP Windows 10

2. d-link dwp-156 how configer to laptop and concet the internet