Windows 10: D-Link ShareCenter NAS drives hidden and cannot be accessed in Win 10

Discus and support D-Link ShareCenter NAS drives hidden and cannot be accessed in Win 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; They were working mapped fine. Then they disappeared presumably following an update and can only be accessed by direct IP 192.168.1.XXX Any help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SlinkMink, Dec 20, 2019.

1. SlinkMink Win User

D-Link ShareCenter NAS drives hidden and cannot be accessed in Win 10

They were working mapped fine.

Then they disappeared presumably following an update and can only be accessed by direct IP 192.168.1.XXX

Any help would be appreciated?

Sharing discovery is switched on.

Thanks

:)

SlinkMink, Dec 20, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

D-Link Announces the DNS-340L NAS Server

D-Link today announced immediate availability of its new ShareCenter + 4-Bay Cloud Network Storage Enclosure (DNS-340L). Designed to provide features offered in both business and consumer storage arrays, the DNS-340L is an ideal solution for SMBs seeking a cost-effective iSCSI target for their video-surveillance projects and storage requirements.

Powered by the latest generation 1.2GHz CPU and 512MB RAM, the new Unified Storage Enclosure delivers high performance with low power consumption. The storage solution integrates a rich feature set which can act as a small multi-functional server to support applications such as media and print serving, FTP, web server, download and backup center, photo and audio center, surveillance, and more with an affordable price.

D-Link ShareCenter NAS drives hidden and cannot be accessed in Win 10 168a_thm.jpg

The DNS-340L integrates D-Link's industry-leading mydlink cloud service, allowing users to access files and applications from anywhere. With its free iOS and Android apps (the "mydlink Access-NAS" apps) you can also remotely stream multimedia content stored on your ShareCenter NAS to a mobile device.

"The DNS-340L complements D-Link's broad line of storage products by providing a flexible crossover solution for both business and consumer environments," said Mike Boschma, director of product marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. "Surveillance integrators will also find it an especially compelling low-cost iSCSI target for multi-camera surveillance installations."

In addition, this DNS-340L features powerful add-on interface/applications which extends the NAS' functionality. Users can customize their own NAS by enabling applications like P2P Download Engine, Media Servers, Photo Center, Blog, Audio Streamer, and additional features to come, to fit their needs.

The DNS-340L integrates with the Surveillance Center application for four free channels (by default) and supports D-Link Cloud Cameras. It is also supports Hot Swap, USB 3.0 interface, and mydlink technologies including Zero Configuration, Email Notification, and the Redirect to NAS functions.

The DNS-340L delivers an easy-to-use solution for accessing, sharing, and backing up important data. Additional benefits include:
    • Built-In iSCSI Target Support - Provides SMBs with a low-cost video surveillance iSCSI target.
    • Web-Enabled File Server - The high-powered network attached storage (NAS) allows users to download documents, photos and other multimedia files from anywhere, creating a personal cloud for greater security. The web interface also categorizes files according to type for easy searching and retrieving of data.
    • Built-in DLNA Certified Media Server and iTunes Server - Digital Media Streaming with a Built-in Media Server. Digital media files can be backed up to the D-Link DNS-340L ShareCenter for safekeeping with the pre-installed Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA)-certified Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) Audio Visual media server. Digital content on the NAS can be streamed remotely to compatible media players such as a smart TV, Microsoft Xbox 360 or to one's mobile devices.
    • Stream to and from Mobile Devices - Alternatively, users can login to the mydlink Access-NAS app that is available for free on Apple App Store and Google Play. This app allows users to access and stream music and videos, and view files and documents directly on their mobile devices over the air from the NAS. The app also allows for uploading of data from smart devices to the ShareCenter.

btarunr, Dec 20, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Dec 20, 2019
  4. mrbillz Win User

Win 10 Pro file explorer lockup opening NAS drives

greetings,

Win 10 pro upgrade from 8.1 pro on Hannspree netbook. Install went well, now when trying to access 2 different NAS boxes on my non domain network (simple workgroup setup) file explorer can't seem to access either of the drives, and when trying to abort the
    attempt, file explorer locks up for about 20 seconds. Somewhere in the process I picked up a persistent error that the temp file removal failed, and this now persists even after reboots.

Had no issues w/ NAS file access while under win 8.1. No config changes to either the NAS boxes or the win install that I have made. Also, no issues accessing from my other win 7 computers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

WRS

mrbillz, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

1. D-Link ShareCenter NAS drives hidden and cannot be accessed in Win 10 - Similar Threads - Link ShareCenter NAS

2. I cannot access my D: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot access my D: drive: So I'm trying to transfer some stuff over to my second drive so I have space on my main for things like games and apps I have downloaded, I basically did all that but then I just transferred everything back to the original drive because I couldn't open the second drive. I've...
  3. I cannot access my D: drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot access my D: drive: So I'm trying to transfer some stuff over to my second drive so I have space on my main for things like games and apps I have downloaded, I basically did all that but then I just transferred everything back to the original drive because I couldn't open the second drive. I've...
  4. cannot access Lacie NAS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot access Lacie NAS: i have a Lacie NAS and cant remember my login details to access it via the web portal is there a way I can acccess it locally via ethernet so I can access the files I cant reset the device as I have photos which I want to keep on it If I took the device out of the nas...
  5. Drive D: hidden files

Drive D: hidden files: I have a query. I reinstalled my Windows 10 system and since that date D drive has seemed empty. But antivirus scanning showed that it has 24 files there. I cannot find what files are there and what they contain. Help me to find what files are there...
  6. Win 10 Laptop cannot access Western Digital Nas Drive

Win 10 Laptop cannot access Western Digital Nas Drive: In our home we have multiple computers of various ages most running windows 7 home and pro, iphones, ipads, we have a central western digital nas drive that we store a majority of files on and we access those from each computer ipad, iphone even my macbook pro can see and...
  7. Cannot access files on Nas

Cannot access files on Nas: On 1803 (latest update) & 1809 I cannot access files on my nas or connect to my Nas web gui with jumbo frames enabled. This is happening on Intel & Realtek nic's. This had been working on all machines until the latest update Win10 Pro and Home. Disabling jumbo frames...
  8. No Access to NAS Drive

No Access to NAS Drive: Hi Folk, I can see that this seems to be a common problem on here! I have a Lacie cloudbox NAS drive. On WIn7 pro it worked just fine. Windows say the drive in the network group and I could access it like a normal folder. After I did the Win10 upgrade and it initially...
  9. Cannot access both C: and D: Drives.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot access both C: and D: Drives.: Title says it all ladies and gents. Access is denied on both drives. Just upgraded about an hour ago and I've been looking for solutions but cant seem to find any that works for me. I'm only using one account and its a Local(Administrator) account. It would be nice if someone...
  10. Failure accessing NAS drive

Failure accessing NAS drive: Hello! I wasn't really sure what section to put this in since it could be security and/or network. The problem is I can see my NAS in file explorer and I can ping it fine and I can even access it via FTP but if I try to access it I get the following dialog box. [img]...