Windows 10: D:\ not accessible Access denied

Discus and support D:\ not accessible Access denied in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After "upgrading" to windows 10, laptop wouldn't play DVDs. Paid for and downloaded driver and it worked for maybe 3 movies. Now it says "D:\is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TerryRW, Jun 4, 2020.

1. TerryRW Win User

D:\ not accessible Access denied

After "upgrading" to windows 10, laptop wouldn't play DVDs. Paid for and downloaded driver and it worked for maybe 3 movies. Now it says "D:\is not accessible" and "access denied" What's going on?

:)

TerryRW, Jun 4, 2020

2. Access denied

Whenever I connect any pendrive or hard disk it says access denied for pen drive I googled got the solution for pendrive but I need to follow the steps everytime I connect give me the permanent solution and steps for hard drive access denied

krishnamagaji, Jun 4, 2020
  3. EsMj Win User
    Change Folder Destination access Denied

Thanks.

After following the steps suggested, I get the message "Access denied" in command prompt.

Please advise how to allow permission.

EsMj, Jun 4, 2020
  4. D:\ not accessible Access denied

Radney Dri, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

D:\ not accessible Access denied

1. D:\ not accessible Access denied - Similar Threads - accessible Access denied

2. " d:\ is not accessible. Access is denied"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    " d:\ is not accessible. Access is denied": After installing Windows10 from windows 7 Pro I lost access to my external drives. All USB drives and CDRom drive. The error that I get is " d:\ is not accessible. Access is denied" Can somebody help me with this?...
  3. Denied myself access to D:

Denied myself access to D:: Hello, well trying to create a user profile for my child I went in and denied access to the D: to not only him, but now have also locked myself out. I have followed all the help I can find including the command prompt which at the end tells me "D:* access denied, and also...
  4. Access Denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access Denied: Access Denied You don't have permission to access "http://www.finishline.com/?" on this server. Reference #18.c5e33e17.1592853789.713d2201 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied/729e3550-6496-4431-b07b-9bef96bd1d4f
  5. Accidentally denied access to my own D:\

Accidentally denied access to my own D:\: Hi everyone, Hope you are safe. I did something really silly today, in my attempt to create a new user and restrict their access to D:\ I locked myself completely out of it. These are the steps I took: 1. Right clicked D:\ the Properties 2. Security tab, clicked on...
  6. Access denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access denied: Having originally getting a warning that my desk top was not available after getting some updates i followed the instructions and copy paste the desktop file but now when rebooting desktop does not come up with the warning access is denied Back to square one !!...
  7. Local disk D access denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Local disk D access denied: How to fix this ? every i make new folder [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-d-access-denied/87950c78-4e50-43c3-bb09-faf6ea96b147
  8. Drive D is not opening, not accessible, access denied

Drive D is not opening, not accessible, access denied: I`m not able to open my drive D:\ . When I try, I get message, not accessible, access denied. This error came as a result of removing all sharing privileges to the drive. immediately I finished the process of removing sharing of any file on the drive, I was not able to access...
  9. Access is denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Access is denied: I'm trying to free on space on Drive C: and cannot get into "Documents and Settings" or see what space it's using. Just "not accessible Access is Denied". It looks like it's a shortcut, not a folder. Guess it's a Win 10 thing ? Can I get around this anyhow ?...
  10. WindowsApps on D:\ Drive - Access Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsApps on D:\ Drive - Access Denied: Finally in version 10565 you are able to move/install Apps to other location than C:\Program Files\WindowsApps To change permissions for C:\Program Files\WindowsApps to be able to see what was inside the folder was easy however to do the same on D:\WindowsApps seems to be...