Windows 10: D recovery partition full other issues as well

Discus and support D recovery partition full other issues as well in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Had dealt with an issue where duplicate files kept popping up on my windows 10, my administrator had become user and administrator and my other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gbzombie1986, Dec 19, 2019.

1. D recovery partition full other issues as well

Had dealt with an issue where duplicate files kept popping up on my windows 10, my administrator had become user and administrator and my other account lost its during an update. So I fixed that and I did a system factory restore, I remember it saying it was going to save a backup incase it failed. Well I chose an existing Microsoft account and I will ask later why that ones been blocked. Bit locker had been off due to that I think. I logged onto my proper account made it administrator. found the repair button somewhere for bit locker. It turned it on. when I was investigating drivers these shadow copies on device manager I have 1 transparent one no real ones, also storage volumes 1 is transparent and 5 are there. I don't know why theres 5 but better then losing them I guess. So I went to create a backup and or clean shadow copies found my D drive partition was full. 16. gigs couldn't start backup because it was on same disk as im using. I read a thread, how to hide drive D im not trying to delete anything off it someone said its safer to be full then mess with, even though I changed view to show hidden files and show empty drives and then math never added up to 15gigs of space being used, is this correct before I hide drive D. im afraid partitions also were mixed up during that time my admin account was messed up before the factory restore.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home going to try to get pro back when updates finish
    Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name DESKTOP-RHQMJM4
    System Manufacturer HP
    System Model HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m-cd0xxx
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU 4BV71UA#ABA
    Processor IntelR CoreTM i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processors
    BIOS Version/Date Insyde F.34, 4/29/2019
    SMBIOS Version 3.0
    Embedded Controller Version 72.23
    BIOS Mode UEFI
    BaseBoard Manufacturer HP
    BaseBoard Model Not Available
    BaseBoard Name Base Board
    Platform Role Mobile
    Secure Boot State On
    PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
    Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.17134.1"
    User Name DESKTOP-RHQMJM4\Joe Underwood
    Time Zone Pacific Standard Time
    Installed Physical Memory RAM 8.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 7.84 GB
    Available Physical Memory 4.56 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 9.71 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 6.60 GB
    Page File Space 1.88 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    Kernel DMA Protection Off
    Virtualization-based security Not enabled
    Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View
    Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes was using bluestacks before factory restore
    Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

on command prompt

DISKPART> list volume

Volume ### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info
    ---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- --------
    Volume 0 C WINDOWS NTFS Partition 449 GB Healthy Boot
    Volume 1 Windows RE NTFS Partition 980 MB Healthy
    Volume 2 D RECOVERY NTFS Partition 15 GB Healthy
    Volume 3 FAT32 Partition 260 MB Healthy System

I can only run sfc /scannow on the one that's not x64 a resource error, just ran it now on the regular one it said.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
    For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
    windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
    repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

soo was hoping that a system restore would have cleared me back to day 1, and no errors. Had messed with registry to. I shut off cortana edge was using 10million times more of my pc then the 2nd most used thing fishing planet online game and It used a lot. disabled windows defender real time scan as well in registry, I just didn't want to lag in game. if that contributed to any of these problems. I haven't touched anything in registry since restore this time. if registry went back 100% to normal. edge defender cortana are running fine. Sorry such long post. im going to try the online dhcf or how its named image restore on command prompt now. and also read the error log of sfc scannow thanks a bunch for this community help site, I know Ill help on things, if im only 99% sure I wont recommend answers to it. 100% only

:)

gbzombie1986, Dec 19, 2019
  2. RyoTakagi Win User

Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! D recovery partition full other issues as well :)

RyoTakagi, Dec 19, 2019
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Dec 19, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

D recovery partition full other issues as well

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

D recovery partition full other issues as well

1. D recovery partition full other issues as well - Similar Threads - recovery partition full

2. recovery partition missing and other issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recovery partition missing and other issues: My Alienware laptop bought last christmas now says I dont have tcm 2.0 . System is the admin account recovery partition was removed help please Alienware m15 R4...
  3. recovery partition missing and other issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recovery partition missing and other issues: My Alienware laptop bought last christmas now says I dont have tcm 2.0 . System is the admin account recovery partition was removed help please Alienware m15 R4...
  4. recovery partition missing and other issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recovery Drive D is 90% full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery Drive D is 90% full: Need to know if I move my program files to a seperate removable hard drive if this will allow space on my D drive and speed up my computer speed? My D Drive is at 10% fee and my C drive have 80% free....
  6. Recovery Drive D is 90% full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Drive D is 90% full: Need to know if I move my program files to a seperate removable hard drive if this will allow space on my D drive and speed up my computer speed? My D Drive is at 10% fee and my C drive have 80% free....
  7. Recovery Drive D is 90% full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Full Recovery(D:) drive

Full Recovery(D:) drive: My Recovery(D:) drive has always said it was almost full. (contained 13.5 gigabytes of content) I entered Settings >> System >> Storage >> Recovery(D:) >> Other and then it said, "We couldn't find any files to show you." Here's a screenshot(ish): [IMG]...
  9. recovery d partition

recovery d partition: how do I find out what files were mistakenly saved to the recovery d partition and can they be deleted without screwing up the recovery info. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-d-partition/d13b5aff-6002-4804-b3f7-b7e8f958f561
  10. Recovery D: ALMOST FULL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery D: ALMOST FULL: Computer running VERY SLOW so I decided to do some clean up. Went into storage there to see what I could do. The RECOVER STORAGE shows really full so I decided to investigate. I know you've got to be careful in this area of the computer so I was just investigating to start...