Windows 10: D:/ usage space showing wrong

Discus and support D:/ usage space showing wrong in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Suggest me how to rectify this error or issue. From the below image its clearly shown that "all in d:\" size is 38.0gb, but in properties shows 207gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VenkataAdiseshu, Oct 4, 2020.

1. D:/ usage space showing wrong

Suggest me how to rectify this error or issue. From the below image its clearly shown that "all in d:\" size is 38.0gb, but in properties shows 207gb used how?

D:/ usage space showing wrong 2d31052f-878c-4cea-9c61-9eeffd45f501?upload=true.png

:)

VenkataAdiseshu, Oct 4, 2020
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Not enough space on Recovery (DD:/ usage space showing wrong :) drive.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the following:

1. What is the make and model number of your Computer?

Please note that recovery "D" is a partition on the hard drive which contains the image of the Operating system. You can use it to restore the computer back to factory settings. You should not attempt to store files in it.
    If you have any data saved on the D drive, I would suggest you to move it to an external drive and to free up some space, you can follow the steps provided in the article:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10.

If you are using a HP computer, then you can refer to this article:
    HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - What is the Recovery (DD:/ usage space showing wrong :) Hard Drive?

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Naresh_K, Oct 4, 2020
  3. low disk space warning on d drive

Thank you for the response. I think you are right, I'm not sure I ever saw a D drive listed before. I tried what you advised but I don't have the option to select volume D. I hit remove=d but it says arguments invalid. Am I doing something wrong, any
    other suggestions. Thanks

CliffordBrass, Oct 4, 2020
  4. D:/ usage space showing wrong

Mismatched Space Usage

The cause of this is due to the filing system the storage device is formatted in.

You may try to fix read-only error with the following simple instruction.

Step 1: Click on your "Start Menu", type cmd in the search bar, then hit "Enter".

Step 2: Type command diskpart and hit "Enter". A new command line window will open.

Step 3: Type list disk and hit "Enter". (make sure your devices has been listed out, for example, it is listed as disk 0)

Step 4: Type the command select disk 0 and hit "Enter". Now you've removed the read-only attribute from the storage devices. Type
    exit and hit "Enter" to leave the DiskPart utility.

If the suggestion above doesn't work in your case, try to correct Read-Only error by reformatting.

You can just use a reliable third-party partition reformatting tool like
    MiniTool Partition Wizard

Be sure to copy any and all file from the drive as all the data on the drive will be erased. This can be a simple task or a long undertaking depending on the size and usage of the storage device, but is a necessary and important step.

PeterPeng3, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

D:/ usage space showing wrong

1. D:/ usage space showing wrong - Similar Threads - usage space showing

2. C drive showing wrong space usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive showing wrong space usage: Hello, I'm Arjun.All the folder in C drive cumulatively using 55.6 GB but the C drive showing that it's using 95GB.Where is this space consumed ? How can I get rest of unused space ?Regards,Arjun...
  3. C drive showing wrong space usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive showing wrong space usage: Hello, I'm Arjun.All the folder in C drive cumulatively using 55.6 GB but the C drive showing that it's using 95GB.Where is this space consumed ? How can I get rest of unused space ?Regards,Arjun...
  4. C drive showing wrong space usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. C drive is showing wrong used space

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    C drive is showing wrong used space: Hello, I'm Arjun.I have windows 10 OS. My C drive is about 195 GB. And all the folders in C drive cumulatively used 57 GB space but C drive shows 120 GB is in use. Is there anything hidden which is using the space.How can I delete those ?Waiting for reply ASAP.Regards,Arjun...
  6. C drive is showing wrong used space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive is showing wrong used space: Hello, I'm Arjun.I have windows 10 OS. My C drive is about 195 GB. And all the folders in C drive cumulatively used 57 GB space but C drive shows 120 GB is in use. Is there anything hidden which is using the space.How can I delete those ?Waiting for reply ASAP.Regards,Arjun...
  7. C drive is showing wrong used space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Disk Partition showing wrong space.

Disk Partition showing wrong space.: I have 292GB space in a disk partition Manual, not system. I have no backups and no malwares. Only 4.61GB is occupied by all files and hidden files combined. And the size on disk is 4.62 GB. What's the difference between this? In another partition the difference between size...
  9. New computer: Wrong directories and excessive disk space usage

New computer: Wrong directories and excessive disk space usage: I transferredmy files to a new computer, but during the process it changed the directorystructure on my new computer. I am notWindows fluent, so please excuse me if I describe something incorrectly. Old computer: Windows C:-> Users -> {my correct user name} -> {my...
  10. how do i switch my storage usage space to data d space?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i switch my storage usage space to data d space?: I want to download star wars battlefront 2 but I don't have enough space. My computer has a d:data thing how do I use that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-switch-my-storage-usage-space-to-data-d/db07b75a-5715-490b-a95d-655f9a79dc10