Windows 10: D3D device crash

Discus and support D3D device crash in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I fix this, and should I be worried? This is a brand new pc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JazpAT, Jul 15, 2022.

1. JazpAT Win User

D3D device crash

How do I fix this, and should I be worried? This is a brand new pc.

:)

JazpAT, Jul 15, 2022

2. D3D device Issues

Hi,

D3D errors are a result of a conflict with your video card. To help resolve the issue, try to follow the suggestion below:

Suggestion 1: Update Video Card Drivers

Updating your VC driver may resolve the issue, click this link
    and follow the steps to update the driver.

Suggestion 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Program

Reinstalling the program may solve the problem. Try it.

Suggestion 3: Report issue to software developer

If the issue still persists, we recommend reporting the issue to the software developer to get options on resolving the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, Jul 15, 2022
  3. Failed to create D3D Device

Hello Pedro,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • Does the issue also happen to other games or application?

Upon researching, some users had suggested that configuring the launch options fixed the issue:

1. Go to Steam's Library.
    2. Right-click on the affected game.
    3. Go to Properties > General > Set launch options...
    4. Type in "-dxlevel 90" or "-dxlevel81"
    5. Click OK.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 15, 2022
  4. D3D device crash

"Could not create d3d device"

I'm have been trying to play Pristontale. I got all the updates for DirectX. When I start up the game on a server, it says "Could not create d3d device".

Please Help!

OscarBanana, Jul 15, 2022
Thema:

D3D device crash

1. D3D device crash - Similar Threads - D3D device crash

2. Varying Game Errors and Crashes - Memory Corruption Large / DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG / d3d...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Varying Game Errors and Crashes - Memory Corruption Large / DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG / d3d...: System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 3/29/2023, 20:12:59 Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10.0, Build 19045 19041.vb_release.191206-1406 BIOS: 4602 type: UEFI Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor 24 CPUs, ~3.8GHzMotherboard: ASUS TUF...
  3. Varying Game Errors and Crashes - Memory Corruption Large / DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG / d3d...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Varying Game Errors and Crashes - Memory Corruption Large / DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG / d3d...: System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 3/29/2023, 20:12:59 Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10.0, Build 19045 19041.vb_release.191206-1406 BIOS: 4602 type: UEFI Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor 24 CPUs, ~3.8GHzMotherboard: ASUS TUF...
  4. Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost: I can not play any game, everytime I open a game it will crash soon and say my D3D device being lost. I have updated directx already, don't know what went wrong with this new computer....
  5. Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost

Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost: I can not play any game, everytime I open a game it will crash soon and say my D3D device being lost. I have updated directx already, don't know what went wrong with this new computer....
  6. D3D device crash

D3D device crash: How do I fix this, and should I be worried? This is a brand new pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d3d-device-crash/6f26f170-114e-4439-bc33-90fbf6789a84
  7. "The chosen D3D device doesn't support depth bounds testing"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The chosen D3D device doesn't support depth bounds testing": Whenever I try to launch DIRT 5, which I installed off game pass, instead of the game, this message pops up. I couldn't find any solutions on Google, so I presume it doesn't happen often. Any help would be appreciated....
  8. d3d render creation error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    d3d render creation error: i get a new laptop and i keep getting the error wind a start a game. its a Hp 4nd16us 1tb hdd 4gb ddr4-2400 memory. please help[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d3d-render-creation-error/273369bb-8db1-4a58-8624-194f61259ac0
  9. Failed to create D3D Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Failed to create D3D Device: Hello, Whenever I try to open Counter Strike the game just fails to open. The main application doesn't open and a pop up saying "Failed to create D3D Device" appears. I've tried to -> Uninstall Graphics Driver -> Update Graphics Driver -> Reinstall the game...
  10. Screen tearing with D3D in full screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen tearing with D3D in full screen: Hi, at the moment of writing, PC is running with factory setting but it's all up-to-date (Windows updates, Asus updates). When I launch an app (emulators, in the specific case) at full screen, only the 60% (approx.) of the left side of the screen is showing correctly when...