Windows 10: D3D12 Debug Object Auto-Naming option now available

Discus and support D3D12 Debug Object Auto-Naming option now available in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Great. The D3D12 Debug Layer has just helpfully reported, “An ID3D12Resource object (‘Unnamed ID3D12Resource’)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

D3D12 Debug Object Auto-Naming option now available

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/direc...t-auto-naming/

:)

Brink, Oct 16, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

D3D12 Translation Layer and D3D11On12 are now open source

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/direc...w-open-source/

Brink, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

New in D3D12 - GPU-Based Validation now available for Shader Model 6.x

Source: New in D3D12 - GPU-Based Validation (GBV) is now available for Shader Model 6.x | DirectX Developer Blog

Brink, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

1. D3D12 Debug Object Auto-Naming option now available - Similar Threads - D3D12 Debug Object

2. Physical device object name

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Physical device object name: when looking at properties for a device, under details there is the heading of physical device object name, i have a device that i do not know what it is by its displayed name. most of the details are just generic like microsoft or the name i do not have an item with that...
  3. D3D12 Debug Layer Message Callback feature is now available

in Windows 10 News
    D3D12 Debug Layer Message Callback feature is now available: Finally, D3D12 messages that you can easily integrate with your own application logs! The D3D12 InfoQueue Message Callback feature allows developers to capture debug messages, with stack context, providing yet another essential debugging tool for error analysis. To date,...
  4. D3D12 Translation Layer and D3D11On12 are now open source

in Windows 10 News
    D3D12 Translation Layer and D3D11On12 are now open source: If you’re a developer looking to port your game to DX12, we have good news: There’s a helper library available to get you there more easily! We’re excited to announce that the D3D12 Translation Layer is now open source. The D3D12 Translation Layer is a helper library for...
  5. Folder Object Name desynchronized with displayed name

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Object Name desynchronized with displayed name: I got a new computer with only a 256 GB SSD and installed Windows on it. Because I have a considerable amount of other personal files on my computer, I decided to Move the big folders like "Documents" and "Music" from the SSD (C:/Users/Seth (my username) folder) to a hard...
  6. Folder Object Name desynchronized with displayed name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Object Name desynchronized with displayed name: I got a new computer with only a 256 GB SSD and installed Windows on it. Because I have a considerable amount of other personal files on my computer, I decided to Move the big folders like "Documents" and "Music" from the SSD C:/Users/Seth my username folder to a hard drive....
  7. New in D3D12 - GPU-Based Validation now available for Shader Model 6.x

in Windows 10 News
    New in D3D12 - GPU-Based Validation now available for Shader Model 6.x: In the next update to Windows, codenamed 19H1, the DirectX12 debug layer adds support for GPU-based validation (GBV) of shader model 6.x (DXIL) as well as the previously supported shader model 5.x (DXBC). GBV is a GPU timeline validation that modifies and injects validation...
  8. Circular Objects Are Now Rhombuses?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Circular Objects Are Now Rhombuses?: I'm not sure how to explain this, but some elements that are supposed to be circles are now rhombuses. At first I thought it was just a problem on one program/device, but I later soon found out that the problem was almost everywhere. Here are some examples (the only examples...
  9. Name not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Name not available: What is Name Not Available in Apps at the Store download? 91685
  10. Time Travel Debugging is now available in WinDbg Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Time Travel Debugging is now available in WinDbg Preview: We are excited to announce that Time Travel Debugging (TTD) features are now available in the latest version of WinDbg Preview. About a month ago, we released WinDbg Preview, which provides great new debugging user experiences. We are now publicly launching a preview version...