Windows 10: d3dcompiler.dll error when launching Epic Games launcher

Discus and support d3dcompiler.dll error when launching Epic Games launcher in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, this has actually been a headache for me for a long time. ive avoided as best i can but im tired of it. anyways here goes: so about a month or so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Demon_ow, May 15, 2020.

1. Demon_ow Win User

d3dcompiler.dll error when launching Epic Games launcher

So, this has actually been a headache for me for a long time. ive avoided as best i can but im tired of it. anyways here goes:

so about a month or so back i upgraded my PC. had to preform a clean install of windows. i did so.

then i started downloading games and launchers and whatnot. suddenly im given this error:

"C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\D3DCOMPILER_43.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f."

now at first i simply thought, "ok ill just reinstall and try again" on the program, but i feel like this is seriously a windows issue and i cant tell why or how. this does also happen on dragonball 2 xenoverse, as well as sekiro, but it seems like that game is suddenly working now. I initially had this error when i first installed windows, but when i deleted and redownloaded the .dll file it fixed the problem back then. now suddenly epic games wants to be a problem.

Steps i have taken to resolve the issue:

Updated windows

updated graphics card drivers

uninstalled and reinstalled trouble programs

SFC Scan came back clean

DISM Cleanup came back clean

Ran Troubleshooter: Couldnt fix issues with crashing is what that told me.

Did the Bad Thing and deleted the .dll and replaced it online, then ran SFC Scan again: Clean

Redownloaded the Microsoft C++ Redistributes

repaired those redistributes

redownloaded DirectX

Ran the DirectX pack within Epic Games Launcher to install

Ran ANOTHER SFC scan: Clean

i really dont want to have to do a reinstall of windows.... that was such a **** pain. can someone PLEASE help me?

:)

Demon_ow, May 15, 2020

2. ERROR 0xc000012f whe I try to enter the Epic Games Launcher

Hi BrayanOng,

Having a corrupted app file is one of the possible reasons why you are getting this error code: 0xc000012f when entering the Epic Game Launcher. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were you able to enter the Epic Game Launcher before without any problem?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Epic game Launcher?
    • Which version of Windows are you using?

Wilfred Mac, May 15, 2020
  3. Epic Games Launcher

I got this computer from my step dad, he got it from his insurance company. When I open Epic Games launcher I can see the logo but the rest is blank. Is there a file I need to remove? I really would love any suggestions

*Moved from Virus and Malware forum by moderator*

TopBeastMason, May 15, 2020
  4. Bogdan A. Win User

Error 0xc000007b when opening Epic Games Launcher

Hello, I have recently installed the Epic Games Launcher and every time I open it I get a popup with "Application error - The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)". I have tried everything like reinstalling DirectX,
    reinstalling .NET core, reinstalling Visual C++ 20xx 64 and 86 bit versions, reinstalling the Epic Games Launcher itself, running in as an administrator, running it in compatibility mode, installing some DLLs in System32 and SysWOW64 Windows files, disabling
    Antivirus, and it still does not open. Can I please get some help?

Thanks.

Bogdan A., May 15, 2020
Thema:

1. d3dcompiler.dll error when launching Epic Games launcher - Similar Threads - d3dcompiler dll error

2. 0xc0000142 error when launching epic games launcher

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0xc0000142 error when launching epic games launcher: Hi,I was trying to find a way to stop the User Account Control prompt from coming up for me every time I launched the epic games launcher, it led me to a forum on here which led to people discussing using Compatability Administrator to add ‘RunAsInvoker’ to the program. After...
  3. 0xc0000142 error when launching epic games launcher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xc0000142 error when launching epic games launcher: Hi,I was trying to find a way to stop the User Account Control prompt from coming up for me every time I launched the epic games launcher, it led me to a forum on here which led to people discussing using Compatability Administrator to add ‘RunAsInvoker’ to the program. After...
  4. 0xc0000142 error when launching epic games launcher

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. epic games launcher 0xc000007b error when launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    epic games launcher 0xc000007b error when launching: so I get this error every time I try to start epic games launcher I reinstalled it 5 times now I have changed compatibility updated .net files all the drivers all the other stuff ran cmd scan thing have updated windows I have literally done everything even pasted the .cab...
  6. epic games launcher 0xc000007b error when launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    epic games launcher 0xc000007b error when launching: so I get this error every time I try to start epic games launcher I reinstalled it 5 times now I have changed compatibility updated .net files all the drivers all the other stuff ran cmd scan thing have updated windows I have literally done everything even pasted the .cab...
  7. Epic Games launcher errore system32\xinput1_3.dll

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Epic Games launcher errore system32\xinput1_3.dll: Salve, di recente ho provato ad installare il launcher della Epic Games sul mio PC ma mi da questo errore: "C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\XINPUT1_3.dll non è destinato all'utilizzo con Windows o contiene un errore. Provare a reinstallare il programma dal supporto di installazione...
  8. cant launch epic game launcher

cant launch epic game launcher: 0xc000007b . this code appear when want to start the launcher https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-launch-epic-game-launcher/472449de-baad-4531-a0a7-3de22c770564
  9. Unable to Launch Epic Games Launcher

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Launch Epic Games Launcher: Epic Games Launcher is Unable to open, an error number "0xc000007b" is occurring. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-launch-epic-games-launcher/317f25d7-fe68-4c12-b348-7c4d545a04b6
  10. Epic Games Launcher

Epic Games Launcher: How do I completely remove Epic Games Launcher that my 16 year old put on my laptop in attempt to install fortnite? One "hot" momma! Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/epic-games-launcher/04425c34-4a8f-4318-a882-d8e323a97463

Users found this page by searching for:

1. d3dcompiler and xinput corrupt

2. epic games xinput1_3.dll was not designed to run on this machine